PDA

View Full Version : Lucanus Jigs

boojoo
03-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Hey i'm planning on buying a few of these Lucanus Jigs but I was wondering if anyone out there that has used them know what are the hot colors working and the weight of them as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

BooJoo

calico killer kevin
03-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Google Shimano and check out their Lucanus color chart. It shows what
colors are good for what fish.

Liteliner
03-19-2009, 06:21 PM
I like the orange and white. It seems to get bit most for me but its always nice to have a few different colors for those just in case the didnt want the orange jig days. :Wink: I like the 7 oz for fishing over 100 ft deep. If its shallow water then id go with the 3.5 oz. I love my little collection of lucanus jigs. Good luck with them.

Ifishtoolittle
03-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Like what Liteliner said the orange and white is probably your best bet. Other than that one I would suggest the squid color one or the purple one. Hope this helps.

boojoo
03-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey thanks for the feed back guys. I greatly appreciate it. I'll probably head out and get a few of them to see how they work.

BooJoo

TShaffer
03-22-2009, 04:50 PM
I've got a 7oz orange and white one but sadly, I've never had a chance to fish it.

BingJr
03-22-2009, 08:03 PM
I was told the Blue and the Green are not the colors to have out here. The orange and the Purple or what ever are the colors to have. I did very well on the red/orange one.

Liteliner
03-22-2009, 09:22 PM
I've got a 7oz orange and white one but sadly, I've never had a chance to fish it.

If you ever get to the sculpin grounds that jig you have is deadly. I had an awesome day last year on the scullies with the same jig. Best thing is all the scullies were way above average. I just drop it to the bottom and reel up about a foot and let the current do the rest.