PDA

View Full Version : Cibola

olefrog
03-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Cibola
Fished the lake yesterday morning ,water temp 59 deg.
Started at 0800 finished at 1130 8 or 9 small dinks, two legal, one Flathead Catfish around 8 pounds.
Not a sole on the lake ,tryed my new 54 pound thrust motor foot controled.
On the 10 foot plastic boat ole frog uses I can now pull water skiers.
I kept the flat head no pics
ta ta ole frog

basscatcher
03-18-2009, 09:17 PM
thats a big trolly for that boat.............thats awesome have fun with that.

God BLess

basscatcher

Santa Fe Eric
03-19-2009, 12:31 AM
Thanks Ole Frog!
You keep this section hopping!

Vulture
03-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Which launch ramp did you use? Hows the weather? I think its time for me to head back there. I love that lake cause not gas power motors. The best time to fish that lake is in the evening when the sun begins to set. Fly line a red and black culprit worm. Cast it and let sink for a few seconds then begin to pop it back. If you dont get bit reel in real fast and recast. Or try a ribit frog both on top and just under the surface. Where did you stay at when you were down there? Very lil fishing pressure.

Lightning
03-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Great job OF.Thanks for the report.

olefrog
03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Which launch ramp did you use? Hows the weather? I think its time for me to head back there. I love that lake cause not gas power motors. The best time to fish that lake is in the evening when the sun begins to set. Fly line a red and black culprit worm. Cast it and let sink for a few seconds then begin to pop it back. If you dont get bit reel in real fast and recast. Or try a ribit frog both on top and just under the surface. Where did you stay at when you were down there? Very lil fishing pressure.

Vulture I used the second boat ramp ,this plastic jobber will float in 4 " of water.
No trouble here. The first one has weeds you have to plow thru to get to the main body.
Did not look at the one at overlook point.
Ole frog lives in Quartzsite Arizona.so I fish this area when I get the urge.
I wanted to try Hart Mine Marsh ,but NWLR has it closed for work.
Not a lot of people fish this lake and at times the skeeters will eat you alive.
Most of the time I fish live bait ole frog is just to darn old to cast all day

Befor you get the giggles about Quartzsite ole frog lived in Manhattan Beach California for 30 years.
I was on top of the hill, could see Rocky Point all the way to Point Dune the whole South Bay.I love the desert and would rather live here .
I don't even lock my doors,I like it better than the South Bay
Been retired 24 years this month and thats a lot of fishing.
ta ta ole frog

Vulture
03-22-2009, 05:29 AM
I know what u mean Frog, I live in L.A. but have a place in Cibola. I rather stay in Cibola. Next time I head back I'll give you a hollar.

Sac au Lait
03-22-2009, 09:23 AM
I know what u mean Frog, I live in L.A. but have a place in Cibola. I rather stay in Cibola. Next time I head back I'll give you a hollar.

I used to hanf around Cibola a bit duting goose season. Could not get used to the water coming out of the tap red colored though. Great area to fish too.