PDA

View Full Version : walking the shore at castaic

FINSMACKDOWN
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Walked the shoreline at castaic today,ended up with a couple bass and a couple misses. Seems a tad early still, couldnt spot any fish from shore.
Ran into a guy named Travis,cool guy. He gave me some tips on where to fish this lake from the shore,he was a big help.
While we were talking we saw a school of trout RUNNING FOR THEIR LIVES, from three LMB.We ended up seeing this happen 3 times it was realy cool to see the trout were about 3 feet from shore tryin to get away...We imediatly started throwing big trout baits,and both had followers ,but no takers. We ended up with a couple on plastics to shake the SKUNK thats been following me.

thepuma
03-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Nice post. Even if you didn't hook into anything, it's always nice to see the food chain in action. What a treat. I wonder if any of the trout got snagged by a bass while you were watching. Nature in action. Sounds like a great time. Nice fish too!

FINSMACKDOWN
03-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Hey puma, you ever catch bass at ELIZ? fished it for bass early sun morn,SKUNK....it was real cold though.

thepuma
03-18-2009, 04:16 PM
This lake goes through cycles with the climate. It's doesn't have a real watershed, so it relies on the rain and a very small amount on the springs surrounding the lake . The springs only work well when it rains or snows.
Since you were here Sunday, you probably noticed the low water level.

The Bass bite here can really be awesome at times. I have not gone out this season for bass yet, but I plan on it soon. I may go out in a tube tonight to see how the trout bite is doing, but lately that's been a problem too even though they stock it every couple of weeks.
PM me and we can talk more about it.

DEADROOTS
03-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Good job out there bud!

dgfishin
03-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Lower lake?

sidified
03-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Can't wait for those stripers to be the ones chasing---

FINSMACKDOWN
03-19-2009, 08:19 PM
didnt get bit on the goon...this happend up top.