PDA

View Full Version : Best spots?

joebass
03-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Can any one tell me were the good spots to shore fish here in so.ca. Is fishing good and whens the best time to fish the shore and piers? Thnx for the info and good luck to all

Simplyeman
03-17-2009, 06:28 PM
I will tell you what everyone will tell you on this forum. Anywhere you go in so cal is good spot. One tool is all you need to start. Go to any sporting goods and pick up some GULP! sand works in camo and set it up carolina style (carolina rig) with a 6-8 lb test and a 1/4 or 1/8 (depends on waves) sliding sinker. Walk the beach cast out and retrieve. I like a really slow retrieve but try different speeds and see which one works for you. You dont need to cast out far to see results. This is a classic way to fish for most fisherman, doesnt take much talent or skill only thing that matters are whether or not the fish are present.

http://www.takemefishing.org/fishing/fishopedia/how-to-fish/where-to-find-fish/surf-and-shore

Have fun and post up your results.

joebass
03-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Thnx for the reply.also the great web site.talk to you soon.i want to try surf fishing.i bought a surf combo from bass pro shops in 10 feet.so ill let you know how it went

Simplyeman
03-17-2009, 07:33 PM
if you feel that i havnt answered your question click on my name and send me a private message.

just4thehalibut
03-21-2009, 11:54 AM
hey simplyeman i also want to thank you for the info on surf fishing.i have fished all my life but never surf fished and have always wanted to try it but did not know where to go or what to use for bait.i just have one question can anyone fish along bolsa chica state beach? this is the first time i have ever wrote on fnn but everyone really seems to be helpful..thanks very much.

TShaffer
03-21-2009, 11:58 AM
you can definately fish along bolsa chica state beach.

just4thehalibut
03-21-2009, 12:02 PM
thank you very much for the info tshaffer,i will definately give it a try..

joebass
03-21-2009, 01:27 PM
you can definately fish along bolsa chica state beach. where do you like to shore fish and how do you rig up with what bait works the best?thnx

joebass
03-21-2009, 01:31 PM
you can definately fish along bolsa chica state beach.where do u like fishing and with what do u use for bait and hook size.i will b going for my first time next week and so far i have camo worms and gulp sardine pogys for bait. thnx