PDA

View Full Version : Any reports from tubers on Big Bear Lake?

etaggart
03-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

The past two weekends I've noticed a small number of tubers on Big Bear Lake before the April 1 opening of the public docs and marinas. Wondering if it's been anyone on these boards and if you have anything to report.

I'll be breaking-in my new tube with my Nephew this weekend and I'm wondering where to start-off. I'm usually productive around the Observatory point, but I'll have the whole lake open for my personal use (and any other tubers or yakers that make it). Not sure where are the best areas this early in the season.

Thanks,

Eric

diamondbear
03-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Being early and cold water , try the shallower part of the lk. now ,Juniper point , east launch ramp area , observ. the west wind blowing will pile up the warmer water on top [ even by a deg. or so ] into this north east shore areas . i was going to go on sun, but stopped at jenks with my neighbors , hike in around gate with flt. tube and did really well on smaller fish but iam headed up to bbl myself with tube soon . i used to tube these areas years back and did well , also a good area is tube the shore lines [ close] in boulder and metcalf bays , prespawners cruising shorelines now . good luck // db

Eat Sleep Fish
03-17-2009, 07:46 PM
i believe its called Freeze-Tubing this time of year. lol

brant
03-17-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm thinking of going up as well so let me know and maybe we can meet up.

As for Jenks, was it worth it? Love that lake but curious how the fishing is this time of the year?

Thanks