PDA

View Full Version : Grass Valley Lake 3-14

SeaLance
03-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Thought some people might be interested in this report.

Had the opportunity to rent a cabin in Lake Arrowhead and fished Grass Valley Lake which is a small lake only about a 1/2 a mile west of Arrowhead. I was targeting trout and I wasn't even sure I if they stocked the lake. Well on my third cast (Jake's gold/red dots Lil' Lure) I get a trout. Very surprised. I only got to stay two hours but got 2 more trout on the same lure. All in all, it was a pleasant surprise to find out the lake had trout in it. I talked to a few locals who said that the lake is mostly fished for bass and catfish.

Just some info...you have to be at least a guest of an Arrowhead Lake Association (ALA) member to fish Grass Valley just like Arrowhead. Like I said it's a small lake that borders a golf course on one side. I was the only person fishing the lake when I was there. Anyway, just wanted to let people know of the lake if ever they had the chance to fish up in Arrowhead.

Tight lines,
Ray
aka SeaLance

calico killer kevin
03-17-2009, 05:39 PM
You didn't fish Arrowhead?

SeaLance
03-17-2009, 05:50 PM
I actually fished Arrowhead earlier in the morning for nothing. I was fishing near the big marina on the east side of the lake. I threw out rainbow candy Gulp! pb and the Jake's r/g Lil' Lure for nada. Not even a bite. I didn't have a lot of time to fish as I was spending more time with family so I didn't bother to move to another spot. It was hard to find a fishing spot anyway as most of the shoreline is private property. The guys at the trading post where I bought my fishing license told me that the marina was a good place to try.

castle
03-18-2009, 07:56 PM
That place is on a private golf course. Did you ninja fish it? and if so is there security around there too?

Simplyeman
03-18-2009, 08:08 PM
That place is on a private golf course. Did you ninja fish it? and if so is there security around there too?

If you read his post, you would have a better understanding.

SeaLance
03-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Castle,

I did not have to ninja fish it. Just to give you more info...Like I said, you have to be an Arrowhead Lake Association (ALA) member or a guest of an ALA member to fish Grass Valley Lake (GVL) just like Arrowhead (GVL is included in the Arrowhead property region). But just because you are a property owner in the Arrowhead region does not automatically make you an ALA member. You have to pay extra fees to also be an ALA member. The person whom we where renting the cabin from was an ALA member in addition to being a property owner. Hence, I was able to fish Grass Valley and Arrowhead. BTW you also need a DFG state fishing license.

Also, approximately the west and south side of the lake are bordered by the golf course. On the east side of the lake there is a small park with parking which gives you easy access to the lake from that side.

Lastly, just to answer the last part of your question, there was no security that I encountered. I just had an ALA membership card and fishing license around my neck just in case.

I know this may be more info than you need, especially since a lot of us cannot fish Arrowhead and Grass Valley because obviously they're private lakes. But I thought if anyone had the opportunity to fish either lake they would know what was required.

Tight lines,
Ray
aka SeaLance