PDA

View Full Version : FISHSTIX/JSAUCE First time at NPH 3/14

FISHSTIX
03-17-2009, 10:01 AM
The original plans were to fish NPH last weekend with Jsauce818 but at the last minute fell ill and told him I would have to reschedule.
Saturday morning he showed up to my house at 4:45 with perfect timing as I was already loading up the gear into the boat. Arrived at Newport around 5:40 and decided to grab some breakfast before hitting the water. Since neither of us had been there before I googled directions to the harbor launch and followed it to the T, but
somehow it was directions to some small park in a community....lol...after 3 hours of driving in circles we decided to ask directions from a couple of informative police officers with their reply being...........um...............the boat launch?.....theres no boat launch around here, you might want to try the peninsula. Sooooooo, we make our way over to the peninsula and 15st, get out and take a look around.....WTF we were at the F*ng beach! Luckily there were 2 guys there and directed us to go back to the area we were driving in circles at and make a left at jamboree and another left after 1or2 lights after that .....This is the same area we asked the cops at! So after hours of driving around we finally make it to the water. By now its 9:10 and as were launching the boat I hear Jessie say "oh chit I forgot my license", I check my gear bag and I too had forgot my license.....we said F* it,.....we finally made it to the launch and the boat is in the water........were goin fishing! First spot we hit was a canal directly across from the launch and on my first cast got my first ever spottie on the gulp! shrimp on a 1/4oz jig head just twitchin it off the bottom. These fish really put up a fight and are awesome to catch on light line, I was using 4# and Jessie was calling me crazy compared to his 12#...lol. After a few more casts each we decided to make a move out into the bay, but stopped to fish the cliff side before the bridge on the way out. I could clearly see it was a full moon on the horizon........butt then realized it was "FEELTHESTEELGARY"......LMFAO. We moved out and fished a few canals throwing swim baits, drop shoting, jigs for not a single bite. The situations and conditions were against us at its fullest but we kept at it working our way in and out zig and zag through the maze of the water way before getting the next bite. I landed a short hali on a chovie 3" BH and 1/4oz jig head bumping it off the bottom of a sandy patch. While fishing at one dock I hooked into something big but after a good fight it busted my 4# like nothing..aahhhh......, I heard someone in the background laughing and saying I told you so, but im always trying to beat the odds of landing big fish on light line.....which I have proven before. Switched over to my 6# (big differnce) and never even got a bump so I was like F* it switched back to the 4# and first cast back with it landed a dink spottie. By now the sun is starting to show it self and its starting to warm up. Made a run to get some fuel and met some guys that were on their way out to the break wall. Decided it might be a good move so off we went to the break wall but I was more on going out past into deeper water but I could clearly tell by someones face that it wasn't such a good idea. HOOK UP!
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/FISHSTIX_bucket/20080101_01.jpg

My first encounter with a spotted bay bass.....
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/FISHSTIX_bucket/20080101_02.jpg

On the way out.....
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/FISHSTIX_bucket/20080101_03.jpg

Pancake....
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/FISHSTIX_bucket/20080101_05.jpg

Jsauce's skunk punker
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/FISHSTIX_bucket/20080101_08.jpg

We ended up just drifting back into the bay for a couple of snags, thats it. Heading back in we ran into Geordy, his pops , and Gary which said he was marking a buch of fish in the area so I told Jessie lets make a couple drifts.....Money!
Thanks for the heads up Gary, it was cool makin a few drifts and shootin the chit with you guys!
Jessie was able to shake the skunk with a nice sized hali.and on another drift he managed a dinky dink spottie. Its not always about how many fish you catch but the times you have while fishing. The bite started to pick up around 6 but we had to take off cause we both had to be somewhere.

ghetto dad
03-17-2009, 10:10 AM
NICE job man...excellent that you got Jess out there man...he needed to get out!!!!

GD

NoHo ART
03-17-2009, 10:12 AM
nice report bro!
im always wayyy to lazy to drive out there
i plan to but end up taking the 91 as soon as i see it lol

Seng90806
03-17-2009, 11:36 AM
look like lots of fun out there man...can you tube that area?

kpn
03-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Nice job out there guys. Look like Jsauce lost alot of weight there......:Wink:....Good job Jsauce!

KPN.

GeordyBass
03-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Good Job Salsita and FICHSTIX!You guys did well!

sonarbp
03-17-2009, 02:17 PM

Yep...you cant tube Newport no problem. Just make sure you have all the right gear to be legal!!! A net, life vest.....you know what I mean!!

Let me know if you want to tube it......it is a great place to fish from the tube.

sonarbp

Wingnut
03-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Nice report James, looks like a nice day out there in the harbor.

Hey Jessie, you look skinnier than that Halibut you're holding!. :ROFL:

Nice job on the catches!

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
great seeing you guys out there...and flashing you a BA was priceless...I had tears in my eyes it was so funny !...

Glad you both got on some action, that last area's vicinity held many active fish, after you guys left we ran into at least 2-3 other areas that produced instant action on the spots...

some of the fish were holding tight up against those walls, areas that we hadn't really worked hard that day yet...we had several hookups as we made our way around the corner then as it got dark the spots shut off, we ended up w 1 more pancake and a sandy after the sun dropped..

Nice talkin trash out there with you guys and sharing a few drifts...really cool that we all got a lil action we could share together..on those repeated drift runs, the clusters of fish were moving through repeatedly there...nice timing on that one !

Remember....the more trash talked .....the more fish ya catch !!!!!...

Good time...congrats to all the catches..

Gary

FISHSTIX
03-17-2009, 08:21 PM
NICE job man...excellent that you got Jess out there man...he needed to get out!!!!

GD

Thanks GD, he's a busy guy with a busy schedule.

FISHSTIX
03-17-2009, 08:22 PM
nice report bro!
im always wayyy to lazy to drive out there
i plan to but end up taking the 91 as soon as i see it lol

Thanks bro, its just a few more minutes than irvine tho....if you know where youre going..lol

FISHSTIX
03-17-2009, 08:23 PM

You can tube out there but at some places it gets pretty open, hit me up and we'll roll out.

FISHSTIX
03-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Nice job out there guys. Look like Jsauce lost alot of weight there......:Wink:....Good job Jsauce!

KPN.

Thanks Khanh, I let him know..

FISHSTIX
03-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Good Job Salsita and FICHSTIX!You guys did well!

It was nice seeing you and your pops out there, glad you and Jsauce were able to shake the skunk.

FISHSTIX
03-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Yep...you cant tube Newport no problem. Just make sure you have all the right gear to be legal!!! A net, life vest.....you know what I mean!!

Let me know if you want to tube it......it is a great place to fish from the tube.

sonarbp

you must do alot of kicking around...lol

FISHSTIX
03-17-2009, 08:28 PM

Nice job on the catches!

Thanks Arthur, I felt bad when I saw how much weight he lost, I tried to take him to a buffet.:ROFL:

FISHSTIX
03-17-2009, 08:29 PM
great seeing you guys out there...and flashing you a BA was priceless...I had tears in my eyes it was so funny !...

Glad you both got on some action, that last area's vicinity held many active fish, after you guys left we ran into at least 2-3 other areas that produced instant action on the spots...

some of the fish were holding tight up against those walls, areas that we hadn't really worked hard that day yet...we had several hookups as we made our way around the corner then as it got dark the spots shut off, we ended up w 1 more pancake and a sandy after the sun dropped..

Nice talkin trash out there with you guys and sharing a few drifts...really cool that we all got a lil action we could share together..on those repeated drift runs, the clusters of fish were moving through repeatedly there...nice timing on that one !

Remember....the more trash talked .....the more fish ya catch !!!!!...

Good time...congrats to all the catches..

Gary

You guys were in the zone when we rolled in...its all about good times brotha, nice seeing you out there.

ghetto dad
03-17-2009, 08:44 PM
lmao...dude, you know you can multi quote??

GD

JSAUCE818
03-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Fishstix my dude, always fun fishing with you man, though you can be quite on the crazy side not caring how big the swells are when you tried taking the aluminator out in the ocean...i had to check my drawls after..lol.. Good times brotha, cant wait to do it again.

GD
Amen to that!...feels good to hit the water again. Im hoping to join you guys on one of your trips you guys get together.

KPN.
hehe...thanks khan, i been busting my a55 off training like a mad man.

Nice job on the catches!
oh boy, thats just wrong but hilarious,.:ROFL: I almost spilled my water all over my keyboard when i read that...lol...Hope to see you out in the surf sometime.

BIGRED KILLA
03-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the pics and report nice job on the weight loss Jesse i am going to tube that place up soon it is so fishi.

Bigred

sonarbp
03-18-2009, 06:47 AM
you must do alot of kicking around...lol Sometime yeah...you have to work your arse off, but if you plan your trip right and use the tidal movement to your advantage you don't have to kick as much!

BingJr
03-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Wow, look at my lil Jsauce out there fishing. Brings a tear to my eye!

Remember Fishstix, those fish you caught eat panfish!

flyngby
03-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Nice job in the Bay guys!!!!

Steve

halibuttcrack
03-22-2009, 08:13 PM
nice halis and bass keep up the good work

Santa Fe Eric
03-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Nice work Gentlemen!
WHat's up Jsauce?

bones
03-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Great job out there guys. Always a pleasure seeing your guys reports.
I don't think I've ever see Jessie with a happier look on his face...LOL
All kidding aside.......Keep it rollin Jessie. You look great with that 60lbs gone and you are a good role model for young anglers. I hope you are down with me and Bigred when we decide to tube NH!

JSAUCE818
03-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Nice work Gentlemen!
WHat's up Jsauce?
Santa Fe! Sup Brotha!...i see you man, you out there puttin in work:Wink:

Great job out there guys. Always a pleasure seeing your guys reports.
I don't think I've ever see Jessie with a happier look on his face...LOL
All kidding aside.......Keep it rollin Jessie. You look great with that 60lbs gone and you are a good role model for young anglers. I hope you are down with me and Bigred when we decide to tube NH!
lol..thanks bones, Just trying to be healthy so i can add a couple of more years to life, and also trying to do the things and activities that ive always been wanting to do. Life is to short! lets make the best of it and not settle for less.
Now that i been to NPH, im game to tube it out there. Looks safe, so let me know! :0)