PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishing Newbie needs a little help fellas

SkipperDick
03-17-2009, 08:45 AM
I have never gone surf fishing before and would really like to give it a shot. So any help, places I should go, baits things of that nature would be a big help. Thanks in advance for any help you all can offer.

SkipperDick

Fisherman57
03-17-2009, 08:54 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=14334

deanhall32
03-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Dana,

Thanks for the quick seminar!! Gonna give it a shot this weekend using your tips.

Fisherman57
03-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Dana,

Thanks for the quick seminar!! Gonna give it a shot this weekend using your tips.

Dean, you should head out this way one day and hit the beach with Wingnut & me.....

I can show you how to catch dink perch and Wingnut can show US how to catch REAL fish! LOL!

Seriously, anytime ya wanna head out!

Dana

deanhall32
03-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Cool! You and Wingnut are going to be decked out in full on fishing garb with your sponser stickers over your waders and I am going to be wearing my Birdwell Beach Britches and a tee-shirt with the sleeves cut off!!!

I am going to take you up on that invite!!!

SkipperDick
03-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Thank you Dana for the info. Your invite went to a "Thread Jacker"! LOL No I'm just kidding! Just went out in the garage and pulled out my "old" Red Ball Chest waders for my first surf fishing mission. Actually, the waders are in pristine condition! Only used them twice when I lived in New Mexico and used to fly fish streams for trout. They have been in the original box for about 15 years if you can believe it! But they are like brand new! I'm stoked, and really can't wait to get out and try my hand at some surf fishing.

SkipperDick a.k.a. Todd

deanhall32
03-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Hey DICK,

Sorry about the thread-jack

SkipperDick
03-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Hey DICK,

Sorry about the thread-jackNo problem Brother. But did you have to call me a DICK? I was just kidding around.

Skipper "DICK"! LOL again, just joking Brother.

Fisherman57
03-17-2009, 11:28 AM
You're invited also Todd! My bad!

Let us know how ya do, Ill be watching for the report!

Dana

Fisherman57
03-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Cool! You and Wingnut are going to be decked out in full on fishing garb with your sponser stickers over your waders and I am going to be wearing my Birdwell Beach Britches and a tee-shirt with the sleeves cut off!!!

I am going to take you up on that invite!!!

Lmao!

Wingnut is the one with the sponsors!..... I just tag along and carry his autograph Sharpies for the fans...... LOL! J/K!

Looking forward to it!

Dana

SkipperDick
03-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Thank you Dana. I appreciate that Brother. And I will definetely post my results after I give it a go.

SkipperDick

fish_sauce
03-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Check your PM, Todd.

Andrew

SkipperDick
03-17-2009, 11:46 AM
I sent you a reply Andrew. Did you get it?

fish_sauce
03-17-2009, 02:04 PM
yup! check it again, sent you a reply!

Is that invite also extended to me too Dana? :Wink:

Wingnut
03-17-2009, 02:10 PM

I'm baaaack!!!

Of course you're invited Andrew!

Better yet, EVERYBODY is invited to the upcoming surf event! :Wink:

SkipperDick
03-17-2009, 02:14 PM

:okay, got it. I replied to your reply, check your PM's.

Todd

fish_sauce
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Todd,

I just replied to your reply to my reply, so check you inbox :Wink:

Arthur,

Any idea when and where the surf event is going to be? I've made it a personal goal to make it out to Ventura and SB beaches at least three or four times this year, we just don't get too much of that scenery down here. :Sad:

Andrew

Fisherman57
03-17-2009, 03:32 PM

Yes sir!

Todd,

I just replied to your reply to my reply, so check you inbox :Wink:

Arthur,

Any idea when and where the surf event is going to be? I've made it a personal goal to make it out to Ventura and SB beaches at least three or four times this year, we just don't get too much of that scenery down here. :Sad:

Andrew

We're working on the details.