PDA

View Full Version : 3/16 Report

SteveH
03-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Did my usual Monday Vine trip.
Couldn't sleep, so I arrived in the lot at 4:00am. 3rd one in line and first boat by about 15 cars. Said "HI" to Troutman and hit the boat ramp. Following TMs advice, hit up west shore just down from the ramp. I was soon hooked up to nice 4 pounder. What a great fight!
After about another hour, I trolled around the lake to my honey hole spot along the red cliffs.
It was on as soon as my bait hit the water there. I lost about4 or 5 in the bushes. I think I tailed hooked a big one. On one hit my line took off screaming off the reel. The fish came up and slapped the surface hard and was gone. I found the hook to have several big scales stuck to it and 2 barbs bent straight. The drag was loose but it got it so hard it managed to bent 2 barbs!
By 11, I had 4 fat ones in the basket. THe sun was beating down so I trolled back to dock looking for number 5. It didn't happen but that's cool.
The water temp at the surface is 59. The clarity is the best I've seen it in a long time.
Now's the time to catch some fish if you haven't been lately.
My bait was chartruse(?) power nuggets (they couldn't miss).
Tight Lines...

Troutman65
03-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Glad you were able to get a nice trout. Congrats on your 4.:Smile: Thanks for the report. I have never tried the Nuggets. Maybe , I will pick some up soon. :Wink:

mobilereef
03-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the report...I will be there on Wednesday and hope I have the luck you did!