PDA

View Full Version : zoom fluke VS. berkley jerk shad.

samgann93
03-16-2009, 09:35 PM
i am looking for a good freshwater plastic jerkbait. i have read good reviews on both but i figured i should post it up here first. i will be fishing perris and dvl mostly. and ill be fishing it withing 10ft of water. ill rig it with a weightless offset hook. probably one of the owner twistlock hooks.

what brand??
what colors?
any personal expiriences?

Thanks,

S.G

That Dang Guy
03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure about the jerkshad, but I imagine it's simliar to all of the gulp! alive products. I personally use the sand worms for perch, but i hate using it because if it's out of the water for more than a few minutes, it dries up.

imd12nv
03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
I use the zoom fluke not because it works best just because ive used it forever. my two favorite colors are pearl white and arkansas shiner. i usually use them weightless or even on a small jig head or weighted hook.

calico killer kevin
03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
For freshwater, go with the fluke and boil it. It has much more action than
the gulp jerks. For salwater, go with the jerk shads. They have almost no
action, but for some reason the bass love them, particularly the nuclear
chicken.

lurk 182
03-17-2009, 12:45 PM
i think the jerk shads look more realistic than the flukes (more important in clear water) but they're way more expensive too. i'd recommend boiling them both but you'll get more baits for the money with the zoom product. i just use ewg hooks, 4/0 i think, 5/0 if you need em to sink faster (lighter mono or flouro will help sink faster, i usually fish em on six and eight pound line, usually spinning gear is easier to cast). i think i use the mullet color berkley's(pearl body/green back). albino shad flukes i think. sometimes the fluke jr is the call when bait is smaller (spring).

DarkShadow
03-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm a Lunker City fan myself.

Nothing beats the Slug-o or the Fin-S-Fish.

:Wink:

dockboy
04-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Fluke. I use several different colors, depending on the forage. The Jerk Shad does not cut if for me in freshwater, not soft enough plastic. If I want a different fall and more realism, I'll go to the Castaic Jerky Js, very unique baits. I typically fish a fluke or similiar bait on 8-12 lb tests, 8 if Im dock skipping with a spin setup or 10-12 if Im throwing on casting gear.

samgann93
04-01-2009, 11:38 AM
i bought a ton of flukes.

how should i fish them during spring???