PDA

View Full Version : Bbl 3-15

etaggart
03-16-2009, 08:25 PM
After an initially productive, but slow Saturday (2 for each of us - see Bbl 3-14 post) we hit the north side of the dam on Sunday at about 9:30am. Others beat us to our preferred spot close to the dam, so I setup near the old dam and Jim set up about halfway between the old and new. I got two really soft but solid hits within the first hour but pulled 'em too hard and missed them both. Jim had one hit that he missed around 11. No more hits for us the rest of the day (until we left at 2pm) and we threw everything we knew. Mild winds kept the bobbers moving around a little bit and fish were jumping every now and then.

The guy set up closest to the dam was killing 'em - with American Cheese of all things!!!! Talk about old school. There's a real sandy spot that was very active with pre-spawners.

Got very crowded about 2pm - sheesh, you'd think people would have a little respect and keep their distance.

Jim hit the sandy spot on Monday morning for about an hour, but didn't land any.

Nephew and I should be able to float tube this coming weekend. Hopefully we'll do much better.

Cheers!

ET

christainmetalhead909
03-16-2009, 10:05 PM
for the post sorry about the slow day. the lake should start picking up soon though.

etaggart
03-17-2009, 12:24 PM
And, I forgot to report that the top water temp near the dam was 47 degrees throughout the main part of the day both Saturday and Sunday.

ET

fisherman9
03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the report.
Thats a great spot for trolling. Right near the damn circling that whole area. Was there this summer and had a great time other then being harrassed by lake police, somehow he clocked my boat at 30 when i was going speed limit either 10 or 15 i forgot.(was at night)