PDA

View Full Version : duct do see do.....and the answer is NO - sunday evening

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-16-2009, 11:35 AM
0 and 5.....fished for 3 hrs...no strikes....no fish......Dayam !

Revenge will be had soon enough....by way of STEEL !

thats 5 trips and 5 skunks !

I guess I have to get the skunks out of the way !

yolo
03-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Bummer. I'm like 0/6 but no biggie. It will turn around eventually. My skunks have been close to home (Palmdale) and I have not ventured out farther yet.

Lipripper93561
03-16-2009, 11:53 AM
After hearing about that I can finally sleep at night knowing I wasn't the only one getting skunked lately out there. Anybody hitting the Striper derby up on the 28th this month?

trail blazer
03-16-2009, 02:03 PM
A for effort bro,,,,,,,,that bigun is acomming

hughpam
03-16-2009, 03:35 PM
The skunk was active there this weekend. I found it on Sat eve by Palmdale.

thepuma
03-18-2009, 03:45 PM
They will feel the STEEL soon bro!!! I went out last night for about 45 mins. El Skunk-o for me as well. Only 3 mins from the house, I figured I could spare a bit of time and accept what the fish give me. The water was flowing a bit though, so I liked that. Bill, if you are reading this, any words of wisdom from the Aqueduct Master? To Steal from Bill's Website, this time of year it should really turn back on.

BEWARE!!! copyright infringement
"Best Times: I have found early morning during March, April, and May to be the best months to catch these eating machine stripers. I have found the early mornings from 5:30 am to 11:00 am. Afternoons from 1:00 until sundown. Also just before sunset, for stripers and catfish. Best for Cat fishing is at night. Full moon nights are good too, with pencil poppers and jumping minnows for the stripers."
Striper Bill

FINSMACKDOWN
03-18-2009, 03:50 PM
ive fished from MUNZ to 50th west for ZERO strikes.

thepuma
03-18-2009, 03:50 PM
BTW

Who was the member that cried about too many reports on the Aqueduct and stated it needed it's own section awhile back?
He must have thrown some chicken bones and a monkey's paw into the DUCT to place some BAD MOJO on the water.

Damn Voodoo curses!!
:Wink:

Ambassadorhawg
03-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Gary, you have been dressed in black and white for too many trips to the duct now!

basscatcher
03-18-2009, 09:15 PM
gary i think you need to go to the lagoon to regain your win over the skunk, even though your odds are slim for stipers thier you will at least catch a greenie but hey no skunk:Smile:

God Bless

basscatcher

Seng90806
03-18-2009, 10:34 PM
you'll get em the next time out...i can see it happening

Ambassadorhawg
03-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Gary,

I propose that you get yourself one of these outfits and wear it the entire next day following any fishing trip when you do not catch any fish...

http://cgi.ebay.com/SKUNKY-the-SKUNK-MASCOT-HEAD-Costume-Halloween-prop_W0QQitemZ260364761014QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item260364761014&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Adult-Mascot-Costume-Black-Skunk-Cat-Foam-Head_W0QQitemZ270358633173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Heee heee, am I rotten or what???!!!!

thepuma
03-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Gary,

I propose that you get yourself one of these outfits and wear it the entire next day following any fishing trip when you do not catch any fish...

http://cgi.ebay.com/SKUNKY-the-SKUNK-MASCOT-HEAD-Costume-Halloween-prop_W0QQitemZ260364761014QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item260364761014&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Adult-Mascot-Costume-Black-Skunk-Cat-Foam-Head_W0QQitemZ270358633173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Heee heee, am I rotten or what???!!!!

LOL. That is rotten...It could become a tradition for all members. It would be so easy to spot a fellow member even a mile away. I can just imagine sitting in my float tube wearing that.
I applaud Gary. He posts all of his skunks too. My Bro won't post a skunk. Says it's not much of a report. I believe a skunk post is just as important as a catch post. They both say so much and help in the planning of my trips.
:Beer Toast:

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-19-2009, 09:53 AM
LOL. That is rotten...It could become a tradition for all members. It would be so easy to spot a fellow member even a mile away. I can just imagine sitting in my float tube wearing that.
I applaud Gary. He posts all of his skunks too. My Bro won't post a skunk. Says it's not much of a report. I believe a skunk post is just as important as a catch post. They both say so much and help in the planning of my trips.
:Beer Toast:

Yeah I agree, a skunk post does contain much valuable information, it gives you a relative pattern to the bite, I for one do not base my assessment to go fishing or not solely on others success or failure but it does give you good history to reflect the bite patterns.

I'm not too proud, a skunk happens to evryone from time to time, the duct is much more unpredictable so it's bound to happen eventually..

I do plan on not making it 0 for 6....the next time out is a charm....

you'll get em the next time out...i can see it happening

Persistence pays off....hopefully sooner than later......you cant winit....if you aint in it....just like the lottery...you cant catch a trophy fish if you arent fishing it !

Very possible soon enough !

gary i think you need to go to the lagoon to regain your win over the skunk, even though your odds are slim for stipers thier you will at least catch a greenie but hey no skunk:Smile:

God Bless

basscatcher
The lagoon will see enough of me soon enough in a week to a few weeks, once the water temp increases...I've been catching many fish in the Harbors so I'm not jones-sin'

the problem with the goon is that they are still dumping cold water in, this has put a damper on the water temps.

Gary, you have been dressed in black and white for too many trips to the duct now!

This is about to change.....and SOON !

just to be 100% clear, I am still catching fish in other places but the duct skunk is about to get punked ! !!!!

How about we buy that skunk suit.....AND....."WE'll "see who ends up wearing it !

Ha ha haha....

I mean it....I'll pitch in on it......

but you'll soon enough see, that the one that ends up wearing it.....will not be me !

Ha ha ha........Ohhhhhh yeah......somethings gonna Dieeeeeeeeeea !

Ambassadorhawg
03-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah I agree, a skunk post does contain much valuable information, it gives you a relative pattern to the bite, I for one do not base my assessment to go fishing or not solely on others success or failure but it does give you good history to reflect the bite patterns.

I'm not too proud, a skunk happens to evryone from time to time, the duct is much more unpredictable so it's bound to happen eventually..

I do plan on not making it 0 for 6....the next time out is a charm....

Persistence pays off....hopefully sooner than later......you cant winit....if you aint in it....just like the lottery...you cant catch a trophy fish if you arent fishing it !

Very possible soon enough !

The lagoon will see enough of me soon enough in a week to a few weeks, once the water temp increases...I've been catching many fish in the Harbors so I'm not jones-sin'

the problem with the goon is that they are still dumping cold water in, this has put a damper on the water temps.

This is about to change.....and SOON !

just to be 100% clear, I am still catching fish in other places but the duct skunk is about to get punked ! !!!!

How about we buy that skunk suit.....AND....."WE'll "see who ends up wearing it !

Ha ha haha....

I mean it....I'll pitch in on it......

but you'll soon enough see, that the one that ends up wearing it.....will not be me !

Ha ha ha........Ohhhhhh yeah......somethings gonna Dieeeeeeeeeea !

Yeeeee-haaaa! That's what I like about you, bro....Alllll attitude and allllll action! I know you're gonna get 'em soon, I was just trying trying to help keep that fire under your *** well lite!

jim532
03-19-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm 0 for 5 on the duct too. I've had i couple grab my hook and throw it back but thats it. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't go back till a few weeks after spring starts.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeeeee-haaaa! That's what I like about you, bro....Alllll attitude and allllll action! I know you're gonna get 'em soon, I was just trying trying to help keep that fire under your *** well lite!
Yeah I know, and just to make all other readers clear, I know your messin about and thats why I'm messin back......BUT....

I've ordered the suit and it will have an appointment with you soon.

ha ha ha

Striper Bill
03-19-2009, 07:28 PM
They will feel the STEEL soon bro!!! I went out last night for about 45 mins. El Skunk-o for me as well. Only 3 mins from the house, I figured I could spare a bit of time and accept what the fish give me. The water was flowing a bit though, so I liked that. Bill, if you are reading this, any words of wisdom from the Aqueduct Master? To Steal from Bill's Website, this time of year it should really turn back on.

BEWARE!!! copyright infringement
"Best Times: I have found early morning during March, April, and May to be the best months to catch these eating machine stripers. I have found the early mornings from 5:30 am to 11:00 am. Afternoons from 1:00 until sundown. Also just before sunset, for stripers and catfish. Best for Cat fishing is at night. Full moon nights are good too, with pencil poppers and jumping minnows for the stripers."
Striper Bill

Hello Gary, and everyone,
Sorry about the skunk and words of wisdom well, the aqueduct has changed so much due to the gates not opening and the water flow. The gates here are opening after 11:00 pm but very little. This is due to water cutbacks and a lot more. Sorry about that, but I have been skunked too! I haven't fished in a long time but will be soon.

trashetanush
03-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Better luck next time man. The Duct is the place i yet have to fish. I just don't know any good spots at the moment.