PDA

View Full Version : First Time To Perris...First LMB of '09

Fishthewhaler
03-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Ralph and I tried dragging the ol Whaler down to Perris to try for some crappie and bass. Charlie B talked us into it after some Fred Hall Reports he had with some good crappie dope. Well It didn't pan out and we ended up fishing bass after failure to locate the elusive Perris slabs. After a day of fishing all over the lake we finally connected with a couple bass. Here's some pics. All fish for me were Texas rigged Oxblood RW on 8lb floro. I don't know the lake at all but it was about 5- 15 feet most of the lake opposite of the damn. Seems water is still low. I will check Piru this week for some slabs and repost.

Lechuga
03-16-2009, 04:43 PM
At least you didn't get the dreaded stripe ! Cool boat, take it off any sweet jumps ?!

basscatcher
03-16-2009, 05:15 PM
good job out there. and congrats beating the skunk
i hope they open DVL soon perris is getting a beating latley

God Bless

basscatcher

basscatcher
03-16-2009, 05:16 PM
At least you didn't get the dreaded stripe ! Cool boat, take it off any sweet jumps ?!

has some been watching napolean dynamite?

God BLess

basscatcher

Fishthewhaler
03-16-2009, 05:45 PM
I didn't realize it was so far from the valley. I think I'll stick closer to home unless I can fish with a lake local. I'll keep puttin my time in at piru/pyramid/castaic! Seems like there was a lot of bass boat pressure(I think I was the only non bass boat besides another Whaler and a Trophy)Maybe 25-30 boats. My bass skills do need some sharpening though..
Water was 60deg. and day was cold but no wind to speak of.

GeordyBass
03-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Add me to the boston whaler owner list...:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Fishthewhaler
03-17-2009, 04:26 AM
Add me to the boston whaler owner list...:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Got the tall sport bowrail coming and getting ready to hook up my steering console. Where's the other boat i saw you on at pyramid?

GeordyBass
03-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Got the tall sport bowrail coming and getting ready to hook up my steering console. Where's the other boat i saw you on at pyramid?
I have 4 boats bro...lol...I bought a 25hp Mercury 4Stroke for it but i'm gonna install it when or that 25hp Yamaha gives me problems,,,probably never?:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

StriperEye
03-20-2009, 12:03 AM
A pair of bass beats a pair of skunks in my hand!! Congrats, thanks for the post.