PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 24 Hour Fishing Friday - did ANYONE do well?

gavin310
03-16-2009, 09:51 AM
I did the 24 hour fishing on Friday with BULLDOGBOOGERS. we were fishing on his boat with mackerel, stinkbait, and shrimp for catfish. bulldogger got 2 cats (only 1 made it to the stringer though) early on and I got a bite or two. After that it was dead for hours. Around 3:30am we called it quits on the lake. I took a nap in my car and bulldog headed home. I woke up at 6:30am and posted up on the bank. Fished for about 3 or 4 hours for not even a bite. I saw ONE person bring in a small trout. I moved over to the south end of the lake where they said the blue cats were stocked and threw out my mackerel. i saw a bunch of mackrel along the shore from people rebaiting after no action. fished about an hour and left at 12:45 cause I had an appointment. So I got skunked on the 24 hour. I was only fishing for catfish and I'm sure if I was fishing for trout I may not have gotten skunked, but I was looking forward to those broadstock catfish they were boasting about.

one cool thing though is a guy got a 6 1/2 foot sturgeon on 8 lb. line. said it took about 45 minutes to bring it in. he had released it right before i got there.

Hitts0n
03-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Sorry to hear about this.You should only fish catfish,when its catfish season.Dont go on the hype !

Mondo21
03-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Sorry about the Skunkeroo. You'll do great the next time around. Thanks for the report! Cindy:Smile:

BULLDOGBOOGERS
03-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear about this.You should only fish catfish,when its catfish season.Dont go on the hype ! yes i hear that !...128.00 bucks between us..... with the boat !....but we were fishing for cats......what can i say !!!.... scott 'aka' bulldogboogers

The Angler
03-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Sorry to hear about the skunk. Now im sure i wont be going this weekend for those so called 20 + pound trout & cats. I have spent well over $200.00 these last 2 months hitting corona all but 1 time paid off pretty well for me (but have been trout fishing) last week did a little catfishing for nothing also. Like mentioned already do the catfishing when its time for it. I think its still a little too cool for them right now?