PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Tip????

dixoncider
03-15-2009, 06:24 AM
Hello all I was looking for a list of the different lures that work for trolling trout...
I know that the Rapala's countdowns work but what else is everyone trolling with???

WPCBANDIT
03-15-2009, 09:23 AM
I have heard the mirror shad work well.

yamafish
03-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Hello all I was looking for a list of the different lures that work for trolling trout...
I know that the Rapala's countdowns work but what else is everyone trolling with???

Mirra Shads / Diawa SC Shiners / Rapala CD5's / Rapala TD's / Rapala J5's
BPS XPS Laser eyes
PM me.. I'll disclose the colors in a pm

YamaFish

BingJr
03-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Different lure every Fing day this year on the Vine honestly. I blame Jimmy for planting fish that must be F'd in the head. One day firetiger, one day gold, one day silver, one day pink, rinse and repeat. One day lead core, one day flat lining. it really is about getting 3 rods in the spread, and every 30 mins switching it up with depth and color till you find some things that begin to click. In years past it was rainbow trout needle fish at 4 colors with 2 firetiger rapalas flatlined end of story and always yielded a good day, but not this year.

dixoncider
03-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the reply's, that narrows it down some. I have a downrigger but dont know anything about the leadline stuff, not sure if I have ever even seen leadline before.

TroutOnly
03-16-2009, 12:15 PM
FLASHERS OR DODGERS AND CRAWLERS,,,,,,,,,EXCEPT IF YOU LIKE THE WOOLYBUGGERS LIKE ME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

dixoncider
03-16-2009, 12:46 PM
flasher and dodgers??? Is that the same stuff u use for salmon??