PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Lagoon Park?

Ifishtoolittle
03-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Has anyone heard of this place? It's by the Long Beach Convention Center. I read info about it and it says that there are fish in the Lagoon. If anyone knows any info about this place can you let me know PM or post which ever.

Thanks, - Ifishtoolittle (Bryan)

TShaffer
03-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey I went during the Fred Hall Show and walked around that little area because they had some Avet casting trial booth. I saw a few rays and a lot of smaller fish swimmin around on the surface. It has potential for fish but I doubt your're allowed to fish in it.

Ifishtoolittle
03-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Hey I went during the Fred Hall Show and walked around that little area because they had some Avet casting trial booth. I saw a few rays and a lot of smaller fish swimmin around on the surface. It has potential for fish but I doubt your're allowed to fish in it.

I'm not so sure about that I was at the Convention center today for the First Robotics Competition and a buddy of mine told me he saw someone fishing there yesterday. Well I don't know, but the place is pretty dead. There are only joggers there no fishermen that I could see.

bsp
03-15-2009, 10:20 AM
You're not allowed to fish there. There are little red markers along the side of the lagoon that say no fishing.

yafool
03-15-2009, 01:13 PM
you are not allowed to fish there....
but there are calicos and other bay critters in there.

Ifishtoolittle
03-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Man that really stinks. I was really hoping to get me so,e pond Calicos. Well thanks for the info and warning guys.

Bradakas
03-15-2009, 03:04 PM
I was a pinhead on the 3/4 day boat WAAAY back in the day at pierpoint landing. At the end of the day I used to "pull the chutes" and empty what ever bait was left over. Then I would fish a little bit to relax while performing this massive bait dump.

You'd be surprised what "critters" I catched and released consistantly over there :Wink:

PM me if you want to know specifics.

megafisher94
03-15-2009, 03:07 PM
ya. im pretty much with everyone else. there are a few rays i saw at the fred hall show

SOSO
03-15-2009, 06:24 PM
I was a pinhead on the 3/4 day boat WAAAY back in the day at pierpoint landing. At the end of the day I used to "pull the chutes" and empty what ever bait was left over. Then I would fish a little bit to relax while performing this massive bait dump.

You'd be surprised what "critters" I catched and released consistantly over there :Wink:

PM sent........

ghetto dad
03-16-2009, 08:13 AM

??? Who is this??? PM me with your name man...lol...you talking about the new PPL or old PPL????

GD

SOSO
03-16-2009, 05:52 PM
I think Bradakas is talking about the marina area where the Victory and Southern Cal are docked. It's also called Rainbow park on some maps. Ifishtolittle wants to know about the pond across the street which is right in front of the Hotel & Covention center. This pond is illegal to fish. It's a protected wildlife pond. You will get into more trouble than Golf courses.. Not worth it.

Bradakas
03-16-2009, 07:32 PM
I think Bradakas is talking about the marina area where the Victory and Southern Cal are docked. It's also called Rainbow park on some maps. Ifishtolittle wants to know about the pond across the street which is right in front of the Hotel & Covention center. This pond is illegal to fish. It's a protected wildlife pond. You will get into more trouble than Golf courses.. Not worth it.

LOL Yup that is right.

Ifishtoolittle
03-16-2009, 07:50 PM

Now I have what I'm looking for thanks.