PDA

View Full Version : Fight On

billy b
03-14-2009, 06:07 PM
That's what I call a comeback. They looked like Rocky gettin up from da mat ... and comin back.

KaliDawgFan
03-15-2009, 01:28 PM
we're talking about...?

Scoring Machine
03-16-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm assuming this is about USC winning the Pac Ten hoops tourney.

How fitting that this is the first USC hoops post in a LONG time.

Nice fan base.

I was at the USC vs. Oregon St game thanks to their season ticket holders giving away tickets, it was the USC Senior Day and the building was MAYBE 60% full.

troutdog
03-16-2009, 10:50 AM
I guess its been tough fitting in all the USC hoops discussion because of all the diehard bruin fans that have been posting :ROFL:

Fight On!

TD

Scoring Machine
03-16-2009, 11:11 AM
I guess its been tough fitting in all the USC hoops discussion because of all the diehard bruin fans that have been posting :ROFL:

Fight On!

TD

It's closed-minded for you to assume that you have to be a UCLA fan to notice how crappy USC hoops fans are.

Rational people know that USC hoops fans are sub-par at best, not just UCLA fans.

troutdog
03-16-2009, 12:11 PM
It's closed-minded for you to assume that you have to be a UCLA fan to notice how crappy USC hoops fans are.

Rational people know that USC hoops fans are sub-par at best, not just UCLA fans.

You must be from the East Coast or just crawled out from under a rock, because it isn't exactly news that USC fans don't sell out basketball games....packing in 100K for a football game doesn't seem to be an issue though now does it? Flip flop sports and you have the same argument for ucla fans...it is just the way it is here in California.

What I really don't think is close minded....is that you need to get an identity:

In one of your comments you used the word "WE" when talking about the boys in baby blue...."we" usually means "us" as in "my team"....

The Hiring of Rick Neuweasle in and of itself proved that UCLA wasn't even trying to field a competitive team.

Mike Leech was interested, but noooooooo, we don't want to talk to him, he's only 11-1 in the Big 12 with a team he built himself.

So I am thinking cool, right on ATLEAST Scoring Machine finally shows his allegiance to something(since there is no evidence on FNN that he knows how to share a fishing report), a ucla football fan(great oxymoron)

Then I recalled another post and pulled up this little gem...note the highlighted word "their".

There was a guy wearing an OJ USC jersey sitting one row behind me at the SC vs. UCLA game this weekend, too funny.

He was getting hassled by the UCLA fans obviously, they had to do something other than watch their offense rack up 140 total yards in 4 quarters of action.

The jersey of the day goes to a guy 2 rows in front of me wearing an AUTOGRAPHED Cade McNown Bears jersey. As someone that appreciates **** jerseys, that one deserves special recognition.

So when it comes to the ucla coaching decision it is "we" and when it comes to ucla offense getting dominated at the Rose Bowl it is "their"? Call me a homer or close minded all you want SM, but you can't call me a front runner!

So which is it "we" or "their" when it come to the bruins Scoring Machine?

Why are you so candid about who you root for until someone calls you out?

TD

billy b
03-16-2009, 01:12 PM
"Champion of minor sports" The old saying is true ... put a bRuin around a Trojan and the insecure bRuin will start something. Most of the time they are people who are fans but don't have a degree ... or worse yet, it's from some 2nd rate college.

We're a football school and we pay our own way ... along with paying theirs. lol

Scoring Machine
03-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Your whole argument is that I used a "we" instead of "they"? Well, you got me. I used incorrect grammar. And if you look at the context of the "we", I was ragging on how retarded the UCLA athletic department was, still is, and will continue to be until they fire the athletic director.

Apparently I've reached Bill Clinton status and you're tracking every single word I write. It's good to know.

I do like the implication that anyone that isn't a fan of USC is either a fan of UCLA or from the East Coast. I'm sure that the Bay Area, Arizona, Oregon and Washington will be interested to learn this.

I'm well aware that there are very few USC hoops fans. That's why I thought it was comical that after a season of not posting about it, an SC fan took the opportunity to post. Fans bragging about a sport they don't support is quite frankly rather pathetic.

It's like when the SEC tries to brag about academics, you can't listen to it without laughing.

DarkShadow
03-16-2009, 02:05 PM
In one of your comments you used the word "WE" when talking about the boys in baby blue...."we" usually means "us" as in "my team"....

Then I recalled another post and pulled up this little gem...note the highlighted word "their".

Why are you so candid about who you root for until someone calls you out?

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showpost.php?p=256382&postcount=57

I don't think it takes a USC graduate to find out what team The Scoring Machine roots for, although it takes a bit of 'reading in between the lines.'

And knowing the guy, I also love that he's being dubbed a Bruin or a Bruin fan, and someone who has a 2nd rate education. Knowing the details, that is extremely hilarious and I'm currently giving him shít for it. :ROFL:

I think I'm gonna get him a Cade McNown jersey on April 1st after all this.

Perhaps a Skip Hicks jersey?

Scoring Machine
03-16-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm used to it from USC fans...

As far as using selective intelligence against me? Then using that as the jumping off point for additional fallacies?

I guess I should be happy that they didn't try to claim that I was trying to obtain yellow cake from Africa.

And as far as UCLA winning titles in sports that don't matter, I'd have to point out that USC too wins a lot of sports that don't matter. Secondly, which sports matter? If anything I would think that USC fans would be proud of having the second most team titles, rather than belittling and downgrading the team with the most titles. That just seems kind of counterproductive to me, but it is apparently par for the course for fans of the USC Hurricanes.

billy b
03-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I would suspect that "selective LACK of intelligence" would be kind and generous to you.

Remember you jumped first junior. You just felt free to jump on another poster on this board ... and then be sarcastic ... make broad, general statements, and then claim someone is coming after you? Do you need some counseling to go with some schooling too?

Notice where I live ... would you expect me to go to the basketball games?
I have season football tickets and attended all the games last year.
Do you know who SC played in the opening of Galen Center?
Did you pay anything to help your state school? Guess who does. And, I probably paid more to help your university.

YOU SAY: "And as far as UCLA winning titles in sports that don't matter, I'd have to point out that USC too wins a lot of sports that don't matter. Secondly, which sports matter? If anything I would think that USC fans would be proud of having the second most team titles, rather than belittling and downgrading the team with the most titles."

Are you sick? Sure, we participate in the lesser or minor sports. But you don't have the intelligence to figure out what the major sports are? Where, if at all, did you got your education. Football pays for all the other sports which can't support themselves - with the exception of some schools who have a big time basketball program like UCLA before it ran into the ground and it's might Pauley got run down. Who says I'm saying anything negative about having the second most team titles? I will say that I'm wouldn't be so proud of having the most titles when other people, tax payers, are supporting your athletic program.

Just for grins think about how many bRuins would give us 10 softball titles (illegal) to have a NC and maybe a Heisman. Dig hard ... you'll find a couple that are smart who can answer the question.

BTW - We are not 2nd in the rankings for all sports ...
But if we were ... you think I should be acting proud being 2nd? In the face of a bRuin fan who has the most championships?
Go get some intelligence before you come out in public.
You don't even know what you're talking about.
You're here just jumping on people because you have a bad attitude and a bad life, I guess.

Obviously, I'm in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Scoring Machine
03-16-2009, 05:43 PM
I would suspect that "selective LACK of intelligence" would be kind and generous to you.

Remember you jumped first junior. You just felt free to jump on another poster on this board ... and then be sarcastic ... make broad, general statements, and then claim someone is coming after you? Do you need some counseling to go with some schooling too?

Notice where I live ... would you expect me to go to the basketball games?
I have season football tickets and attended all the games last year.
Do you know who SC played in the opening of Galen Center?
Did you pay anything to help your state school? Guess who does. And, I probably paid more to help your university.

YOU SAY: "And as far as UCLA winning titles in sports that don't matter, I'd have to point out that USC too wins a lot of sports that don't matter. Secondly, which sports matter? If anything I would think that USC fans would be proud of having the second most team titles, rather than belittling and downgrading the team with the most titles."

Are you sick? Sure, we participate in the lesser or minor sports. But you don't have the intelligence to figure out what the major sports are? Where, if at all, did you got your education. Football pays for all the other sports which can't support themselves - with the exception of some schools who have a big time basketball program like UCLA before it ran into the ground and it's might Pauley got run down. Who says I'm saying anything negative about having the second most team titles? I will say that I'm wouldn't be so proud of having the most titles when other people, tax payers, are supporting your athletic program.

Just for grins think about how many bRuins would give us 10 softball titles (illegal) to have a NC and maybe a Heisman. Dig hard ... you'll find a couple that are smart who can answer the question.

BTW - We are not 2nd in the rankings for all sports ...
But if we were ... you think I should be acting proud being 2nd? In the face of a bRuin fan who has the most championships?
Go get some intelligence before you come out in public.
You don't even know what you're talking about.
You're here just jumping on people because you have a bad attitude and a bad life, I guess.

Obviously, I'm in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

"I would suspect that "selective LACK of intelligence" would be kind and generous to you."

My point about selective intelligence was that you chose to look at one post while ignoring another one. That's cherry picking facts to make your case rather than looking at all the facts to come to a rational decision. THAT is selective intelligence. It has NOTHING to do with whether or not you personally are intelligent. The fact that you responded with a rant within which you attempted to see how many times you could label me dumb does however speak volumes.

1) I made a comment about a Trojan fan bragging about a sport that USC fans on this thread have already admitted they do not care for. I find that situation both funny and ironic. You think I am the angry one but you just wrote a rambling manifesto that served little point other than to attack me as uneducated. And that is CLEARLY the way to make yourself look smart. :Wink:

2) From NCAA.org:

Team Titles Through Spring 2007

1) UCLA: 100
2) Stanford: 94
3) Southern California: 84

You are correct, you have the 3rd most team titles not 2nd, I gave you too much credit. I don't think you have passed Stanford, but if you have congrats. I unlike you aren't here to hate on non-revenue sports.

3) I support the state schools of California through taxes, the institutions I graduated from via donations, as well as the athletic departments I support via donations, merchandise, tickets, etc. I'm not sure why you care about that info, but you brought it up so apparently you do.

4) "Are you sick? Sure, we participate in the lesser or minor sports. But you don't have the intelligence to figure out what the major sports are? Where, if at all, did you got your education. Football pays for all the other sports which can't support themselves"

All I did was ask you a question as to what sports YOU thought mattered.

"Secondly, which sports matter?" -SM

It was an honest question. For those of you who have lived across the country (or who can simply just read) know that the sports that matter vary regionally.... depending on where you are located Football, basketball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, track & field all matter to the boosters and alumni who in turn donate money to the institution. You could have simply answered, but you had to be a dick about it. Apparently I'm sick now for asking your opinion. You are correct, asking someone what they think is sick, especially if they are a Trojan because it will just get you attacked. This is something that won't be repeated.

I do know that there are a lot of Trojan fans out there that would disagree with you on that argument though. USC baseball does matter to a decent amount of people, but it doesn't turn a profit, so apparently it doesn't matter.

And finally, why would UCLA trade 10 titles for a Heisman Trophy? It is a horrible deal for them, they could have just bought OJ's at auction if they really wanted one. :Smile:

I will ask you one final question because I do not know the answer off hand and you are clearly passionate about the subject. What amount of the UCLA Athletic Department's operating budget comes from the California taxpayer?.

billy b
03-16-2009, 07:41 PM
" The fact that you responded with a rant within which you attempted to see how many times you could label me dumb does however speak volumes. "

What does it speak volumes about? Your ability to pi$$ people off, maybe?

Tell me what I cherry picked. I'll tell you the truth you twisted. SC cares about all the sports. To say that a random post thrown up on a FISHING board shows our lack of support is where your ignorance and people skills shows up.

All of this comes from where you started and took the conversation. Man up. You were wrong about the # of titles and then you twist it with another smart ***** remark against me instead of admitting your ignorance.

I went into a rant. I was just posting on the board when you jumped me.

And what's this all about?

Nice fan base.

I was at the USC vs. Oregon St game thanks to their season ticket holders giving away tickets, it was the USC Senior Day and the building was MAYBE 60% full. (I sat at midfield in the Rose Bowl with thousands of fans after the bRuins left)

You probably just walk up to people, in public, and just drop the F bomb on them or flip them off and think it's okay, right?

And, if you notice, your recent post wasn't so clean either.

Your last post sounds like you're trying to say you went to a college. Wanna brag about it?

I'm only looking at your posts ... want back up your statement?
"...you chose to look at one post while ignoring another one. That's cherry picking facts to make your case rather than looking at all the facts to come to a rational decision"

uscjeffer
03-16-2009, 09:47 PM

I honestly agree with you here...USC hoops fans are sub-par at best just like UCLA fans are sub-par at best in football....You go to the games and they are both pretty empty unless you are playing the crosstown rival...Both had some decent comeback wins...UCLA beating Tenn in football and the most recent SC coming back over ASU....

SC and ucla are both lucky in that both of their athletic programs turn some profit...slim but they do make some money....SC's revenue was 76 mil and UCLA's was 66 mil...The interesting factor I think is the football revenue. They were almost identical at $28 mil....the reason...revenue sharing of course in how the Pac-10 splits the proceeds from the bowl games and tv contracts among all the schools. I'm not sure if they do this as well in basketball (proceeds from advancing to say a final four if there are any).

No doubt SC will never compete (nor will a majority of the NCAA programs out there) compete with the UCLA basketball heritage. Just as UCLA will never compete (nor will a majority of the other NCAA progams out there) compete with SC's football heritage.

As an SC fan I'm happy when the school wins any championship (Women's soccer for example) or does well in sports...and in my heavily opinionated view point...i rather have a 21-12 basketball team than a 4-8 football team....

billy b
03-17-2009, 03:44 PM
It isn't the issue about our basketball fans ... it's how creepy this dude is.

EXAMPLE:

Striket and Kali Dawg are into a dialog and here comes the Machine saying:

"Bryce Brown is as sleazy as Reggie Bush, have you read the NY Times article about his 'advisor' aka agent?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/04/sp...ef=todayspaper

He's threatening to go play in Canada rather than play college football at all.

On second thought, he sounds like the perfect Trojan... self absorbed, already has an agent, won't care about school and will have his hands out for the boosters from day one."

NEXT ... He jumps into the middle of another post, by a normal person, with this:

"I'm assuming this is about USC winning the Pac Ten hoops tourney.

Nice fan base.

I was at the USC vs. Oregon St game thanks to their season ticket holders giving away tickets, it was the USC Senior Day and the building was MAYBE 60% full. (FREELOADER ... BTW?)"

THEN ...

He makes a wa statement about no one posting on this board from SC in a long time? First of all, this is a fishing board. Second, the last college post was made by someone from SC. His logic makes about as much sense as ragging on how little # of out-of-state posters we have.

THEN ...

He makes the inaccurate statement that SC is #2 in total NC's and then goes on to rant again.

Then claims that we are "cherry picking" and avoiding the issue about SC basketball fans.
I never said a thing about SC basketball fans ... or denied that our attendance wasn't very good.

His school (BTW - which one is it, youngster?) ... anyways ... UCLA has let their Taj Mahal run down while SC built a new one and is trying to get better.

PERSONALLY ... I'm just dealing with his vitriol remarks.
PERSONALLY ... I'd like to see him kicked off the board and have someone give him some Prozac

Let's call him out.
Tell us your school ... kid! You'll probably lie. But, you'll know it and have to live with it.

uscjeffer
03-17-2009, 06:54 PM
yeah i might be letting him off easy....

no school or coach is perfect....hmm...some of ucla's glory days had some strange booster "support"

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/feature/college-basketball-history-2009?click=main_sr

http://www.english.ucla.edu/ucla1960s/7071/austin12.htm

billy b
03-18-2009, 06:59 AM
yeah, my issue wasn't with the issues ... but with his tact and lack thereof.

Enuf 4 me

F. O.