PDA

View Full Version : Blue Gill Bite?

old pudd fisher
03-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I bought my 3 year old grand daughter her first real kids fishing kit with pole and reel. It's a Disney one and it lights up on the handle. She is so excited and wants to go fishing with me next week day,maybe the pudd. I'am going to get some Mealworms for bait and just wondered how the bite was on the gills lately? Haley is ready the catch her first fish....Thanks if you can help us.:Smile:

fishmounter
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Since you are from Riverside (like me, we should get together some time) I would say hit Fairmont Park. But...it is still a little early for the Bluegills. Give it another 3 weeks or so and mealworms and a bobber should do great. I normally take my 8 year old grandson there and he does pretty good. I have heard that Puddingstone is doing pretty good. I'm kind of curious like you, where the 'Gills are biting right now.

lilmystery246
03-14-2009, 06:55 PM
I bought my 3 year old grand daughter her first real kids fishing kit with pole and reel. It's a Disney one and it lights up on the handle. She is so excited and wants to go fishing with me next week day,maybe the pudd. I'am going to get some Mealworms for bait and just wondered how the bite was on the gills lately? Haley is ready the catch her first fish....Thanks if you can help us.:Smile:

3 words... santa fe dam.... or 2 words..... laguna lake

basscatcher
03-14-2009, 08:45 PM
hey old pudd fisher check your pm inbox.

PureAle
03-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Sfd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TonyLisa
03-14-2009, 11:55 PM
i was at sante fe dam today alot of blue gills there mostly all real small there was some guy who took home a bucket fool of them and some other kid had another bucket of more than 50 but also real small not worth keeping at all he said he was gonna take them to a pond right there in santa fe dam so they can reproduce i think he was gonna put them in one of those deep pooles where the water runs down i told him that they would die up there cause there was no food and that those pools would eventually dry up and he said " no they wont cause thats where the water comes down from i just left after that

basscatcher
03-15-2009, 01:13 PM
i was at sante fe dam today alot of blue gills there mostly all real small there was some guy who took home a bucket fool of them and some other kid had another bucket of more than 50 but also real small not worth keeping at all he said he was gonna take them to a pond right there in santa fe dam so they can reproduce i think he was gonna put them in one of those deep pooles where the water runs down i told him that they would die up there cause there was no food and that those pools would eventually dry up and he said " no they wont cause thats where the water comes down from i just left after that

must be lilmystery :Smile: :ROFL: just messing.

God Bless

basscatcher

smokinflies
03-15-2009, 07:00 PM

damn!!! i really hate those freakin' bucketheads.

i bet the bucket didn't even have any water.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-16-2009, 07:36 AM
With the weather report saying 80's all week .the pudd should come alive, for pan fishing by sat. The bass ive caught, were almost full of eggs, and the shad have been making an appearance.the last few days .this little heat wave is going to make the pudd come alive . The regulars have already been catching some nice redears ,and crappies.the float with red worms ,is the ticket,for the youngsters.good luck and peace out.... Mike the pmb....

crappie stalker
03-16-2009, 08:31 AM
It is a good thing for them to take large amounts of the little ones out.. This will help estalish some better growth amoungst the ones left. There will be less competition for food and they can grow.. Dont get angry when people take the little ones.. Less little ones equal more bigger ones.. Gills are so prolific they quickly overtake a lake when no one is thinning them out..

CS

EvilFett
03-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Not only that, but there will be less small gills inhaling bass eggs and fry!

steve092
03-19-2009, 05:44 AM
It is a good thing for them to take large amounts of the little ones out.. This will help estalish some better growth amoungst the ones left. There will be less competition for food and they can grow.. Dont get angry when people take the little ones.. Less little ones equal more bigger ones.. Gills are so prolific they quickly overtake a lake when no one is thinning them out..

CS

True that. At Mojave Narrows it is very rare to catch a keeper sized bluegill. The biggest you might catch is about a little smaller than palm size.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-19-2009, 07:02 AM
Its a shame .every year all the regulars look forward to the big red ear,and crappie bite. Some of the same locals show up in force, with there giant baskets ,and keep every thing they catch off the piers. This is every day ,till they fish it out. Like i stated before,they actually have the balls to complaine about, not catching anything big ,after a couple of weeks, taking baskets loaded with breeding big redears ,and crappies,last year blaming me for posting reports. Im glad to see the new game wardens there every day now,at the pudd. Hes already busted those idiots ,using gold fish every year. When a few unnamed regulars, who catch small blue gills off the piers ,and throw them on a lmb nest.keeping giant lmb ,get caught by this dfg guy, its going to be comedy. Please catch, and release all big fish at the pudd hole ,and keep the small ones so all of us can enjoy better fishing, year round.crap go the the freakin store ,and buy some fish. I wouldnt eat anything from the pudd hole. Enough of my wining ,and lets go fishing.....mike the pmb.....

old pudd fisher
03-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Since you are from Riverside (like me, we should get together some time) I would say hit Fairmont Park. But...it is still a little early for the Bluegills. Give it another 3 weeks or so and mealworms and a bobber should do great. I normally take my 8 year old grandson there and he does pretty good. I have heard that Puddingstone is doing pretty good. I'm kind of curious like you, where the 'Gills are biting right now.

Sure PM me some time..old pudd fisher.

Mister Twister
03-21-2009, 09:23 PM

CSThe birds will thin them out before you know it.