PDA

View Full Version : Mile Sqaure Park... (3/12/2009)

Kokak
03-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Decided to stop by Mile Square Park on my way back from a client’s site on Thursday; I had just finished getting my new 3wt fly rod setup put together and figured it would be a good day to try it out.

This was my first time to Mile Square, so I had no idea what to expect. I have driven past it many times, but never actually stopped and tried my luck.

I arrived at about 5:30 pm and made my way to the lake nearest the Euclid Blvd. entrance. Set up the rod and tied a Pheasant Tail Nymph to start with.

I had went to the Fred Hall the previous weekend and picked up a couple of pointers on my cast; they worked. I was casting my 3wt with about a 6’ 4# leader a good 40’ with just a little trouble from the wind.

Worked on my casting, false casting and roll casting, but found no takers; tried several different flies, Black Woolley Bugger, Adams, Pheasant Tail Nymph and Bead Headed Nymph, but nothing.

At about 5:45 pm called it a day and headed home. Even if I found nothing willing to take any of my offerings, I still had a great walk in the park! Since this was not a planed outing, I did not have my camera with me (I need to have it in my car always).

basscatcher
03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
keep practicing the casts. i got a fly rod acouple months back and the only cast i can't get down is the roll cast.

God Bless

basscatcher

Fishingmonkee
03-14-2009, 08:54 PM
were you with the guy with the backpack and a fly rod. with bright orange lines? right next to the little wooden balcony?

Kokak
03-14-2009, 09:57 PM
No backpack... and Green line...

But I was by the wooden pier...