PDA

View Full Version : Berkley Cup Tournament 3/14/09

VineAssist
03-14-2009, 03:58 PM
All I can say about the 2009 Berkley Cup is Amazing! A total of 153 anglers signed up to fish for the Cup and with the stocking of some giants a couple of days prior and the night prior this tournament proved to be one for the books.
Before this writer even showed up to work there where a couple of lunkers weighed in. Then a giant made its way to the scales. Mike Traut of Fullerton was the lucky angler to hook the [B]GIANT[B] Rainbow. Mike made the catch while trolling the West Shore with a Owner Cultiva Minnow in the Goldfish pattern. Mike releyed to me that he fought the fish for about 10minutes. The fish was immediatly brought to the scales with the lure deep down the fish's throat. The fish was postioned on the scale and the scale read [B]15.12!!!![B] Congratulations Mike on a impressive catch.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/Champion-1.jpg
Of course with a fish like that Mike was the winner of the Berkley Cup. Here is the 2009 Champ with his new swag and his Cup.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/P1000089.jpg
Coming in a distant 2nd place was Glenn Struckmann with a 8.08 Rainbow. Glenn made his catch from a undisclosed location with Power bait. By finishing in 2nd place Glenn joins his son John in the Masters. This years 2nd father son qualifiers! Congraulations Glenn and good luck in the Masters. Teach that son a thing or two about fishin'.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/GlennStruckman.jpg
Third Place went to Vlad Roschhupkin of Pomona with his 8.06 Rainbow taken from the flats on a nightcrawler. Congratulations Vlad and good luck in the Masters.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/Vlad.jpg
Fourth Place went to Jeff Hansen of Garden Grove and his 6.0 Steelhead taken from the West Shore on Pink Powerbait. Congratulations to Jeff as well.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/JeffHansen.jpg
And here are the top 10 from today. These lucky 10 anglers have earned a shoot at the Masters title to be held in the middle of April.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/TopTen-1.jpg
1. Mike Traut 15.12
2. Glenn Struckmann 8.8
3.Vlad Roschhupkin 8.6
4.Jeff Hansen 6.0
5.Kevin "Fishers got a new college fund" Jamieson 3.6
6.John Levingston 3.2
7.Andrew Rincon 3.2
8.Kecork Bedirlia 3.2
9.Nick Martinescu 3.2
10.Thomas Joy 3.0

Once again a big congratulations goes out the winners of todays event! I was blown away by the sheer number of contistents in todays tournament. Remeber everyone there is still one more chance to qualify for the Masters event via tourmanet and that is going to be [B]APRIL 5TH AT THE APRIL FOOLS TOURNAMENT WHERE WE WILL HAVE A SPECIAL STOCKING OF GORILLA SIZED YELLOWFIN TUNA AND BIG BULL DORADO!!!!![B]. Make sure to bring the Tady 45's for some skip jig action and the chunck rods for the Cow Yellowfin! hahaha.. But I wish everyone good luck to come.
Jimmy

Mondo21
03-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Seeing these "FAT Beauties" in person was Fabulous. Congrats to all who won money and prizes. I didn't win anything:Crying: But... had a ball as usual. Good seeing you Jimmy. Cindy:Smile:

Troutman65
03-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Congrats to everyone who placed today !!!

As for the Berkley Cup Champ Mike, He has paid his dues at the lake for some time and is well deserving of the title. Nice going Mike !!!

Glen, Congrats on your catch and placing in the Masters. Very cool for you to be fishing with your Son in the Masters.

Kevin, AllI can say is I am glad you placed today and congrats Bro !!!
See you soon at your shop.:Wink:

This was a great day at Irvine Lake and I am glad I was there to see it.:Smile:

yamafish
03-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Jimmy,
Lots of fun today!
Even watching the drama of the 14lb - 10oz Trout that got DQ'd at the weigh in was intresting! I was thinking that punches were going to start flying when he got DQ'd... drama....

Lots of fun today.. Just my luck - I get my PB Bass
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/rfish7/003-3.jpg Released Safely back on the point
You should have let me weigh it in tourney! I finally would have qualified! LOL !

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/rfish7/004-2.jpg
Mikie and I took back 4. The larger one you weighed in came up short on 10th pl - We were trolling a XPS chart/red

Had a great time today! Mikie was driving and getting some stick time on the fish.
Mondo - Mikie and I enjoyed eating lunch with you :-)
TM - Thanks bro for your assitance today! much appreciated!
Bing - Good to see ya out there. I'm sure ya did better than we did..
Glenn - Congrats on the Toad!

See ya out there soon
Rodger - YamaFish

Frenchy
03-14-2009, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=yamafish;320165]

Even watching the drama of the 14lb - 10oz Trout that got DQ'd at the weigh in was intresting! I was thinking that punches were going to start flying when he got DQ'd... drama....

ya ur ryte drama tht pos dbag who told the lake i snagged the fish is fuul of sh*t he was just jealous as he admitted later and was laffin about it after the fact for those of u who dont know the person(bob barr) who ratted on me for somethin i didnt even do used to b my rod sponser thn he showed me his real colors and i left him for his old businees partner whom treats me way better and makes better quality rods he even sed he did this to screw me over he was pist abt me leavin him and plus he was not catchin fish today so he got jealous he cost me 520 dollars but its about more tn just the money the reason he went and lied to thm is bs hes a sry excuse for a human being and fisherman for tht fact maybe if he learned to jig he wood also get chances at big fish like i and so many others do........ needless to say after wards he confronted me for tlkn bad about him after he tarnised my name at a lake i am very well known at and tht suks eb=ven more but to all other phenix boys i wont hold it against u cuz u got a old ***** sory excuse for a fisherman as part of ur team................ if u reacll bob barr made masters last year and i know for a fact he snagged his fish HE TOLD ME WHILE I WAS SPONEER BY HIM HE IS A JOKE TO SOCIETY AND I WANT MONEY CUZ I DID NOT SNAGG THT FISH AND NEVER DO SNAGG FISH INTENTIONALLY SOMETIMES U JUST CANT HELP IT AS FOR IRVINE LAKE THEY HANDLEED THE SITUATION POORLY OUTTA THHE 10 PEOPLE I WAS FISHING W ONE IDIOT SED I SNAGGED IT AND THEY BELIEVED HIM......... wen i worked at irvine lake we had several compalints about people snagging fish bein caught on camera and seen by employess and nothin was done....... the fish did have a mini jig in its back but i was not mini jigging wen i hooked the beast i was dropshottin bs i want my money end of story dnt know if i will ever b back to tht lake again

smokindrags
03-15-2009, 01:06 PM
sorry about the DQ keep at it your going to win the big one next time.As for the guy that ratted you out he sucks and alot of people know the way he is even some of his team members got his number. hope to fish next to you sometime

Troutman65
03-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Jimmy,
Lots of fun today!

Lots of fun today.. Just my luck - I get my PB Bass
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/rfish7/003-3.jpg Released Safely back on the point
You should have let me weigh it in tourney! I finally would have qualified! LOL !

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/rfish7/004-2.jpg
Mikie and I took back 4. The larger one you weighed in came up short on 10th pl - We were trolling a XPS chart/red

Had a great time today! Mikie was driving and getting some stick time on the fish.
Mondo - Mikie and I enjoyed eating lunch with you :-)
TM - Thanks bro for your assitance today! much appreciated!
Bing - Good to see ya out there. I'm sure ya did better than we did..
Glenn - Congrats on the Toad!

See ya out there soon
Rodger - YamaFish

Rodger, I was more than happy to help you out. I am glad Mikie & you had a good day. I was susprised when Mikie came up to me with 2 of your rod holders. Bro, your just too kind. I did have a great Idea when I got them in my hand. The Raffle !!!! So I donated them to the Lake raffle and would you know it 2 kids won the rod holders !!!!!! That was very cool to see. Rodger your the best bro !!! Thanks !!!! See you on the water.:Smile:

PONTOON
03-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Coming in a distant 2nd place was Glenn Struckmann with a 8.08 Rainbow. Glenn made his catch from a undisclosed location with Power bait. By finishing in 2nd place Glenn joins his son John in the Masters. This years 2nd father son qualifiers! Congraulations Glenn and good luck in the Masters. Teach that son a thing or two about fishin'.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/GlennStruckman.jpg

This is going to be interesting! Congratulations Glenn. I'll be rooting for the Father/Son combo at the Masters.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Congratulations as well to all those who placed this weekend.

troutdog
03-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Nice job out there GlennsFishing....best of luck to both of you at the masters!

TD

sansou
03-15-2009, 07:22 PM
This is going to be interesting! Congratulations Glenn. I'll be rooting for the Father/Son combo at the Masters.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Bravo! Father & son team.....nice job!

NoHo ART
03-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Would you believe a person who has a criminal recourd?

i don't know the whole story and don't really care for it.
so don't think im taking sides here.
but i must say i would expect those words from a elderly woman not a grown *** man.

and no i don't have a criminal record my self.

Frenchy
03-15-2009, 08:12 PM
ya i do have a criminal recod he is ryte but it is not for lyin stealin or cheatin i got effed over and everyone who knows the whole story knows tht too.... bob barr himself sed i got effed over but for all who dnt know the story ya i did go to jail for 20 days cuz wen i first turned 18 i had a gf tht was still 17 she was 4 months and 17 dyas younger thn me and her dad and mom pressed charges........... so thts the story its not like im an untruthfull fperson so go f ur self bob aka bearrods barr hey bear rods dint u ruin tht company by takin rod blakn corks and stuff from ur partner o yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa u did and ur old partner has recepits to prove it so who steals and cheats there way into some money u are a horrilbe person and ya everyone knows it just remeber every touny from now on i will b ryte next to u catching more and bigger fish tn u and wen u catch a fish u better hope it in in the mouth completly cuz if not im callin u out on ur so screwd ur self over so i guess u will not be weighin in a fish cuz u cant catch thm the right way

fi5h_eye
03-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Yama nice bass!!!!!

yamafish
03-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Frenchy / BearRods,

It's all done and apart of history at this point. I was not there to witness the catch, only the drama at the weigh in.

My take on the whole thing.. I saw the line that was examined. My first thought was.. That can't be Frency's line, it's way too thick.. He's too good to fish with line that thick..With a Lloyd that large it it conceivable that he may have broken off other lines...But.. I'm not one to say or apart of the Lake Irvine mgmnt. I respect their decision and process.

But if you guys still have differences of opinion in regards to what happened, I would suggest that you take it off the board and into a PM between eachother.

Frenchy..remember bro.. you are still qualified for the Masters already from President's Day. Take the battle with the Phenix crew to the water bro. Hold your head up...

Thanks Mike
Although.. for some reason they would not let me weigh in my Bass
Maybe a Carp? LOL

love - peace & trout grease,
Rodger - YamaFish

dirty girl
03-15-2009, 09:11 PM
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww358/dirtygirlfishing/cooltext66238831.gif Glenn and John! Doesn't get better than a father/son team! And good to see Rodger and Mikey out there having fun! Congrats everyone!
keepin it dirty,
Dirty Girl

See Chris Fish
03-15-2009, 09:33 PM
My buddy and I saw Glenn/John hook up that toad. We were behind them on the troll also. We knew it was something special, cause they reeled everything in and halled a** to the scales. (that was us giving you the thumbs up)

We also watched the DQ being landed. It was an epic fight and that thing was huge.
We didn't see the fish up close, due to us being on a boat. The lake staff have to follow the rules that they set down.

I can say that we met the Team Phenix guys the night before. We went to the Team 57 campsite, met some people. Nice to put some faces with the names on the site.
Omar was cracking up the place. What did you want your girl to do?
Got invited down to met the Phenix guys.
Nice people. They had a great bbq going. The best carne asda I've ever had.

I don't know the guy that lied, but that's BS.
Like mentioned earlier in a post, the DQ, it's history. Concentrate on the Masters.

Granny Fish
03-16-2009, 11:00 AM

Me too! Congratulations to your both. Whoop! Whoop!:Dancing Banana:

TroutOnly
03-16-2009, 12:12 PM
GREAT JOB GLENN,,,,,,,,,,t/o

Hitts0n
03-16-2009, 01:20 PM
J0hn's fishing will 0wn !

Rooster
03-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Glen & John Congrats,, I would have paid just to see the look on your face while reeling in that beast. Looking foward to seeing ya both soon. Props

doctorhook
03-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Glenn & John congrats, see you guys at the masters.

Doctorhook

mobilereef
03-16-2009, 08:45 PM
ya i do have a criminal recod he is ryte but it is not for lyin stealin or cheatin i got effed over and everyone who knows the whole story knows tht too.... bob barr himself sed i got effed over but for all who dnt know the story ya i did go to jail for 20 days cuz wen i first turned 18 i had a gf tht was still 17 she was 4 months and 17 dyas younger thn me and her dad and mom pressed charges........... so thts the story its not like im an untruthfull fperson so go f ur self bob aka bearrods barr hey bear rods dint u ruin tht company by takin rod blakn corks and stuff from ur partner o yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa u did and ur old partner has recepits to prove it so who steals and cheats there way into some money u are a horrilbe person and ya everyone knows it just remeber every touny from now on i will b ryte next to u catching more and bigger fish tn u and wen u catch a fish u better hope it in in the mouth completly cuz if not im callin u out on ur so screwd ur self over so i guess u will not be weighin in a fish cuz u cant catch thm the right way

Daniel...are friggin kidding right now? I was going to leave it alone, but after all of this I am seeing...it is clear to me that you have not learned a damn thing about making good decissions for yourself. You seem to forget that you stole two $500 shimano tiagra 50 reels from a client of mine when I took you to catalina (do you remember showing me the reels when we got home?) sure, he was a dick, but you said you do not steal things????come on kid...I have the add on craigslist printed out when you sold them two days after the trip...and yes, now we ARE going to the police about it. Do you remember that you owe me a garmin GPS because Ben would not give mine back because you took those reels?That is not even the worst part. What about the reason you and I dont talk anymore? Do you remember my wallet disappearing out of my car($300) and you were the only one who could have taken it? Hmmm, looks like a pattern here Daniel. I talked to you the day I ended our friendship, and mentioned that you cant live your life this way, or it will come back to you. Well...It is isnt it!!! I was not at the tournament this weekend, so I did not see what happened, so I am not going to comment on that, but to see that you wrote you dont do shaddy things like steal or lie...well kid, I have your number, and you know it...I have proof, and so do the cops now. Have fun, and good luck with the life you are leading...you are going to need it.

One more thing...I dont even want to hear the words PHENIX RODS coming out of your mouth again kid...they have nothing to do with any of your bullshit, and as for BOB BARR, if you are smart, you will leave him alone as well. And as for sitting next to bob during tournaments...well I will see you there, and you know better than to say anything about phenix or bob when I am here dont you.

Chris

You and I were boys man, we had a good thing going. I am so disapointed in you I cant even begin to express it. What r you going to say bad about me now? I am dying to hear it...**** I even paid you to take you out on my boat fishing! Check yourself Daniel L.

Granny Fish
03-16-2009, 09:02 PM
C'mon guys... take it to PM. This is not the place to air the details of your dealings with each other.

mobilereef
03-16-2009, 09:23 PM
C'mon guys... take it to PM. This is not the place to air the details of your dealings with each other.

Until this stuff happens to you, and you were the one who lost a client, a wallet, a $500 gps, and a bunch of money...and kept it quiet for months until this happened, then you really dont get it. No offense man, but people like this need to be "outed" so that others know what they are getting into when dealing with them. Would you want to learn the hard way after hooking sombody up with trips on your boat? I wish I would have known before letting somebody into my life, and getting so burned. If I can save ANYONE from learning the hard way, then it was worth it to me. Those of you who know me know that I am not a **** talker, I have PROOF, and I left this one alone, and Daniel knows it. It was him who brought this on grannyfish, dont be weak and support the undeserving.

Its not like we are not going to the police with the proof as well, so it will be public and in the papers soon enough. Sorry if he is a friend of yours.

Also I am sorry, I know this is annoying for all of you not involved but I feel I am doing the right thing by not keeping quiet.

Sue
03-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Understood, Mobilereef, but FNN public message boards isn't really the place for any of you to air your grievances. Not only that, it makes all of you look stupid.
Take it outside :Rolls Eyes:

Frenchy
03-16-2009, 09:42 PM
haahaahahahaha i was over it i sed wat i had to say now u all open up some bs u guys can all go screw ur selves i never sed anything bad abt PHENIX RODS yes i sed it moblie reef oooooooo nooooooo i sed something bad about one person bob barr im just gunna quietly make sure at masters tht none of u phenix boys on no sed it again do wat a few of u are known for end of story bye thread over

bumppppppppppppp.

mobilereef
03-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Understood, Mobilereef, but FNN public message boards isn't really the place for any of you to air your grievances. Not only that, it makes all of you look stupid.
Take it outside :Rolls Eyes:

Understood...and I appologize to all who are offended by me outing a thief. I will leave it alone and let the cops deal with him. Just thought I would try to help some of you who may not know this side of him...

And as far as taking it outside...well, that used to be cool when I was young, but now days, you never know what could happen if you make violence the answer.

Sue
03-16-2009, 09:50 PM
haahaahahahaha i was over it i sed wat i had to say now u all open up some bs u guys can all go screw ur selves i never sed anything bad abt PHENIX RODS yes i sed it moblie reef oooooooo nooooooo i sed something bad about one person bob barr im just gunna quietly make sure at masters tht none of u phenix boys on no sed it again do wat a few of u are known for end of story bye thread over

bumppppppppppppp.

Frenchy, at least learn grammar and punctuation......jeez!

Troutman65
03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Never Mind

mobilereef
03-16-2009, 10:06 PM
This is why I finally said something...I knew more of these stories would come out. Anyone else? Karma is coming down the road heading for a street named daniel.

apfish1969
03-16-2009, 10:56 PM
hey art tis is adrian call me 1818-749-6751

Granny Fish
03-17-2009, 09:55 AM
It was him who brought this on grannyfish, dont be weak and support the undeserving.

I haven't a clue what you mean by the above. :Confused: No matter. I'm not on anyone's side. I don't know you or Frenchy well enough to take sides and I never seen what happen.

MAVERICK27
03-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Perhaps a heads up about some possible bad apples is ok, let's just not beat it to death. Mobilereef. i for one appreciate the hedas up.

Hitts0n
03-17-2009, 12:52 PM
I was not offened Chris . Frenchie has never returned a fishing rod he borrowed from Mits ( The Magic Man ) Every time Frencie comes to the lake Mits tells me about it . hey Frenchie, Where is Mits fishing rod you borrowed and never gave back to him ? How long has it been ? Over a year? Some people .

OHHH YOU STOLE MITZ ROD ! :EyePop: NOT COOL BRO !

mobilereef
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I think we can all agree that this issue is dead...and the word is out which is all I really wanted to see anyways. The cops are handling it from here.

Believe it or not, this is a good thing that people hear about the other side of him.

apfish1969
03-17-2009, 02:36 PM
call ::Cool:me

the fish taco
03-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Somebody needs to make a 911 call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2quikmotorwerks
03-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Somebody needs to make a 911 call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do when they come for you.lol