PDA

View Full Version : Bbl 3-14

etaggart
03-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Father-in-law Jim came up to the mountains to get his boat serviced and Holloway's mentioned we might be able to get on the late Saturday to take it for a "test spin". That didn't work out since MWD insists on muscle inspection, so we headed to the dam.

Very light wind and a chilly morning that warmed by 11.

Got the lines in the water about 10am. Jim got hit immediately just after his powerbait hit the bottom and he was rigging a second pole. Soft bite and it spit the bait. That was the main story most of the day.

We each landed 2 nice trout before 11am using night crawlers hanging about 8 feet under slip bobbers. Biggest was a 3lbr I landed. We each farmed 4 other fish before we left at 2pm. All hits were VERY soft and slow. Many fish dragged the worms for a while before we set but never bit down or swalled far enough.

The wind picked up around 1, but we were close enough to the dam that we barely felt it.

A couple of guys to our left were out since 7:30 and landed 4 or 5 between them. But, the didn't land any until about 10:30 when the action was hottest.

Just before 2 someone else came by who had been fishing the Fawnskin side about mid-lake. Said it was crazy windy all day and didn't get a single nibble. Hopefully he picked up a few by the dam as the day wore on after we left.

Jim kept his 2 and fileted them at home - one male, one female - both very early in the spawning cycle. Beautiful pink meat - I'm sure they'll be tasty!

Hope to hit it again on Sunday. We'll see how bad is the urge to go snowboarding!

ET

diamondbear
03-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the report as I was thinking of BBL all day as I was painting my living room , ha . I'll be up there real soon , maybe a couple of weeks . WATCH OUT FOR THE CHP RADAR TRAPS COMING UP IN THE MORNINGS as ive had several freinds who witnessed alot of activity of CHP .

tenderloin
03-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Just a reminder ALL tributaries to BBL are closed to all fishing until the Saturday preceding Memorial day

chuck'n deuce's
03-14-2009, 07:02 PM
i also fished the lake from 8am-11am, once i got my dbl rod stamp i proceeded to north shore landing area. lots of small, short bites, nothing big enough to swing on. most bites were out deep. looks like majority of the people i saw fishing were east of juniper pt. marina. i may try another area tomorrow, we'll see, im pretty sore from snowboarding. pretty soon its gonna happen at this lake. also a side note, the CHP were thick all the way up here last night. tight lines, peace

DCCTrouserTrout
03-15-2009, 04:58 PM
I fished up there the 14th and managed 2 fish. I was pretty slow for me and all the fisherman around me though... good job getting on some fish

Frenchie174
03-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Nice Report! I was thinking of going this weekend but not sure where to park or what area of the dam to fish at. Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!