PDA

View Full Version : Legg Lake 3.14.09

fish4keep
03-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Hit up Legg Lake this morning for a few hours before work. My daughter and I were fishing the middle lake hoping to catch a few spawning bass. It started out nice, calm day but a little on the cold side. I baited my daughter with night crawlers and a split shot in hopes of catching a bass or catfish or anything that would bite. I was kinda scared letting my girl use my daiwa steez rod paired with an alpha r reel. Fished from 645 to about 9 for no bites! Did not see a single bass. No spawners, nothing! However, i did see a lot of carp. Throughout the day i was casting out flickshake worms, shakey head and also a fly lined senkos. This is my first time to the lake and i must say it's very dirty and the water is murky with duck poop everywhere. I would much rather fish Peck Road or Santa Fe dam because its more of a family/picnic park. One thing i did notice was that there were nurmerous other bass anglers and they also said they didn't catch anything. I wonder why i even bother. I saw an older gentlemen being questioned by supposedly a DFG? He must've been undercover or something because i did not see a badge or anything. Apparently, he was walking around checking for fishing license and undersized fish. Overall, fishing is fishing and what can i say? skunk for me but i had a great time with my daughter. Fed the ducks and had Burger King. Those of you fishing this lake be careful because DFG is on the prowl. Work time, thanks for looking.

richaaron
03-14-2009, 04:12 PM
"I saw an older gentlemen being questioned by supposedly a DFG? He must've been undercover or something because i did not see a badge or anything. Apparently, he was walking around checking for fishing license and undersized fish".

That's what I'm talking about...! Hopefully he makes his way over to my Lake. There is some serious State Revenue to be had on any given day at TCP...

smokinflies
03-14-2009, 10:10 PM
got to legg lake around 12:30pm and covered the center lake with no luck too.

i did notice that every one fishing the center lake actually had a license displayed on them. it was a rare sight to see.