http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll198/elweirdo/chunk2.jpg

water was bit clearer than last week...

PureAle
03-14-2009, 04:40 PM
real nice bass, i know that spot.:Wink:

PureAle

Lightning
03-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Nice Brother.Did you try any topwater at all? Have the fished moved shallow? Thanks

a biley
03-14-2009, 04:48 PM
haven't been there all this year yet. looks like it's time to go!

jlgarciaiii22
03-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Was going to take the kids for Trout & BlueGill tommorrow.... Never fished this lake were are the best spots, any help would be gladly appreciated!

Mister Twister
03-14-2009, 05:28 PM
had a morning to kill..and since the dam is quite close..said "why not."
managed a few more....this time of a better caliber
enjoy...on all on my fav spinny-bait
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll198/elweirdo/inam-1.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll198/elweirdo/chunky.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll198/elweirdo/chunk2.jpg

water was bit clearer than last week...Damn,good job on them bass,Weirdo,Lost my fav spin bait yesterday,Guessing you were using white with twin Colorado blades? 15mins from my house.:ROFL:

Mister Twister
03-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Was going to take the kids for Trout & BlueGill tommorrow.... Never fished this lake were are the best spots, any help would be gladly appreciated!Enter and go to your left to last parking.Walk around to opposite side to break in island.There is a point and access off the road there,that's where they stock trout,you can see where they back truck in.Maybe I'll see you there,taking youngest daughter to ride her new bike.Be carefull if you plan on bringing any beer,ect,park lifeguards will bust you on the spot.

El Weirdo
03-14-2009, 07:34 PM
lightning: the day was perfect for top water..but saw no fish breaking...and i found them at a mix of stages...some shallow some not..shoot me a pm bro..

jlgarciaiii22: try the north side..there is some tough walking bu t i have found better fishing

Mister Twister: you got it...i carry a few of them...shoot me a pm

PureAle
03-14-2009, 09:01 PM
THE 411!!!!!!

GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HOMEBOY, TOLD ME SOME DUDES KEPT 5 BASS!!!!!! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry: :Angry::Angry:

TonyLisa
03-15-2009, 12:11 AM
oh yeah i fish santa fe everyday after work i get out early and get there at 4 cause they dont charge gives me 2 hours to fish and i seen alot of people take bass and some look just under 12 inches. also buckets of bluegills have been taken and im not talking about a couple of blue gills in a bucket i mean buckets full of really small blue gills that aint even worth keeping its only a matter of time before this lake ends up like legg lake

NICKYMOUSE8
03-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Just a matter of time before you might ask yourself what are the benefits of posting on the FNN about your favorite secret hot spot.amen

smokinflies
03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
you said it cuz.

smokinflies
03-15-2009, 06:56 PM
oh yeah, nice job at the dam weird dude.

Lightning
03-17-2009, 04:13 PM
I think there would be poachers no matter what we say on here.The fact is there's shady people everywhere & in SoCal that makes for a large amount.W e need to act accordingly when we see something unexceptable.

Ifishtoolittle
03-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Man that bass has red eyes WTG!

fishmounter
03-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Wow! There is a bass that's named a "Redeye Bass", but we don't have any in California.

Eat Sleep Fish
03-17-2009, 07:39 PM
good job out there.

Sebastian323
03-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Wow! There is a bass that's named a "Redeye Bass", but we don't have any in California.

there are redeye bass in california, said so in my DFG fish ID book

jim532
03-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Just a matter of time before you might ask yourself what are the benefits of posting on the FNN about your favorite secret hot spot.amen

it really doesnt have much to do with posting your favorite secret spot on FNN. If you take a good look at the people taking home buckets loaded with bluegill and bass, they don't look like they could afford a computer. And if anyone has a secret spot, just remember there are 10 other people who have never heard of FNN that also call that same spot their secret spot too.

jerryG
03-18-2009, 11:59 PM
it really doesnt have much to do with posting your favorite secret spot on FNN. If you take a good look at the people taking home buckets loaded with bluegill and bass, they don't look like they could afford a computer. And if anyone has a secret spot, just remember there are 10 other people who have never heard of FNN that also call that same spot their secret spot too.

When you consider the number of times this post has been viewed (743 views). Lets say the average person reading this report returned to follow up on this thread 3 times that would be over 247+ people. I doubt that the estimated 10 people who fish the spot and have never heard of FFN would have shared a detailed report to their secrete location with 243 others in 4 days. Not to mention all the other people who got the report second hand from their friends who read it here.

I have seen the impact that a detailed report can have on a lake (fishery). The bass fishery at my local lake was destroyed by poachers over the past year and a half. I agree that most of the people who follow these boards fish responsibly but your kidding yourself if you don't think there are poachers lurking these boards looking for detailed reports so they can move in for the kill.

I don't want to come off like I am trying to discourage others from posting reports but I do encourage people to consider reporting (fishing) responsibly by excluding locations, details, and or revealing photos that might give away a spot. Just something to consider.

JerryG