PDA

View Full Version : Perris

Mister Twister
03-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Fished marina and sail cove for nada, lost a few favorite lures and had some sweet rats nest,still getting use to ambassador.I google map Lake Elsinore,there is a long dike,jetty on south end, anybody know if you can fish it?It looks like a fishing jetty,Thanks for any info:Smile:

Flying
03-14-2009, 12:33 PM
You can fish parts of the levee at Elsinore. You are allowed to park at the stadium to take the trail out on the levee. There will be a sign at the entrance to the trail on what parts you can fish. You pretty much have to go out to the first bend at the end of the inlet channel to start fishing.

Mister Twister
03-14-2009, 12:47 PM
You can fish parts of the levee at Elsinore. You are allowed to park at the stadium to take the trail out on the levee. There will be a sign at the entrance to the trail on what parts you can fish. You pretty much have to go out to the first bend at the end of the inlet channel to start fishing.Looks like a pretty good walk.Do you know where whiskers beach is at? Thanks

Mister Twister
03-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Fished marina and sail cove for nada, lost a few favorite lures and had some sweet rats nest,still getting use to ambassador.I google map Lake Elsinore,there is a long dike,jetty on south end, anybody know if you can fish it?It looks like a fishing jetty,Thanks for any info:Smile:I f you don't have a lic you can fish Perris during the week no problem.I saw at least 8 with no lic.2 were on dock right out in open,I told one of them you have to wear your lic where it can be seen.Just looked at me like he didn't understand,he got a redear and small crappie,kept them and no dfg in sight,kinda pisses me off,I could not beg a bite.I fished small jigs too.I was in marina office when these guys got their permit,they walked out,I told the man,hope they brought their lic,he said that's their problem.I know this is old news and wasn't going to post it.You figure no fish lic,= no car insurance= they hit you,your screwed.

yakfu
03-14-2009, 02:46 PM
i fished perris on thursday and we were greeted by DFG. they asked all who were fishing for their lic. and they informed me of the new reg. that was coming on april first about the zebra mussel inspection for silverwood and perris....this included my kayak... the bottom line no standing water on any of the boats. upon leaving a lake after fishing you can get a seal that will allow you to by pass the inspection on your next visit as long as the seal hasnt been tampered with ... not exactly sure what that meant but i think it will save you time on your next visit to the lake...they stocked trout on thursday and i did manage 3 nice trout with one tagged for $10 bucks..fished the island for one nice bass on a lucky craft saw a coulpe of tubers out there and one guy on a bass boat pickin off bass for a while by the rock jetty off the island. Returned to sail cove around 6pm to find that the guys i left along the shore fishing red ear had caught a nice hand full of panfish from 1/2 to 1.5 lbs. the water temp. was between 58 and 60 was a slight stain.....tight lines

Flying
03-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Looks like a pretty good walk.Do you know where whiskers beach is at? Thanks

Whiskers is off of Lakeshore Drive. Heres a link to Elsi fishing.
http://www.lake-elsinore.org/index.aspx?page=173

Watch out where you fish as most of the shoreline is no fishing or private property.

I saw DFG at Perris Yesterday. He sat in his truck above Power cove and checked everyone out through binoculars. I saw tires tracks on the new exposed shoreline in the east end so I'm sure hes cruising around out there too.

tacklejunkie
03-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Yeah the DFG man is on the prowl.
The no license people will get it eventually.
I've been checked once out of 4 or so trips this year so far there.
They kinda sneak up on you too.
Keep those licenses above the waist!
He was about to nail me until I turned around and showed him my lic hung on my backpack above my waist.
This wasn't a Perris white car or truck ranger. Green truck DFG warden.

Mister Twister
03-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Whiskers is off of Lakeshore Drive. Heres a link to Elsi fishing.Thanks for the link,fished there before,didn't know that spot had a name
http://www.lake-elsinore.org/index.aspx?page=173

Watch out where you fish as most of the shoreline is no fishing or private property.

I saw DFG at Perris Yesterday. He sat in his truck above Power cove and checked everyone out through binoculars. I saw tires tracks on the new exposed shoreline in the east end so I'm sure hes cruising around out there too.The people I saw must be Locals and know the mans routine.They sure were not worried about it.

Socal Bassman
03-15-2009, 10:02 AM
The DFG warden was out there at Sail Cove yesterday. Good to see they were out there.

That Dang Guy
03-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Sounds like the DFG is starting to crack down on people. At Puddingstone, he's been there 25-30 times this year already. Sounds like the same guy you guys are seeing. He sits away from hot spots an uses binos to scope things out. He's caught guys without liscenses, fishing with goldfish and littering. They've also been chasing people out at night who are netting.