PDA

View Full Version : Am I becoming a tackle whore?

a biley
03-13-2009, 11:02 PM
I plan on picking up a few things within the next couple of weeks.

First is another 50mg to have on the side since it's such an awesome reel. I'll be keeping it till needed.

Next is another Curado 200, this time an e7 to put on the crucial I have.

The Curado e5 which I have will go on the Phenix crankbait rod x-10 I'll be getting next paycheck.

1. Shimano 50mg
2. Curado 200 E7
3. Phenix X-10 Crankbait rod

calico killer kevin
03-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Don't you need a tutor...lol...

a biley
03-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Don't you need a tutor...lol...

lol no! i figured it all out! When I ace the next exam, I'm celebrating by buying all of these

Catch 'n' Release
03-14-2009, 10:55 AM
you dont get the title "tackle whore" until you end up like me with 30+ huddlestons
and your not quite sure how it happened......

basscatcher
03-14-2009, 11:04 AM
save up your money instead and buy a boat.:Smile:

God BLess

basscatcher

calico killer kevin
03-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Since you are so into the tackle, I think you should seriously start thinking
of wrapping your own rods. Very rewarding, looks alot better than the store
rod, more value, and you get to customize everything.

basscatcher
03-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Since you are so into the tackle, I think you should seriously start thinking
of wrapping your own rods. Very rewarding, looks alot better than the store
rod, more value, and you get to customize everything.

yea but you got to get the wrapping machine and another to spin your finish rod to dry the epoxy off. its a long hard proccess. it takes ALOT of practice i heard. but cool work can be done

God BLess

basscatcher

That Dang Guy
03-14-2009, 03:33 PM
lol no! i figured it all out! When I ace the next exam, I'm celebrating by buying all of these

That's a good incentive program! I still need to get an e5 for my Lamiglas CB rod.

DarkShadow
03-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Tackle whore is trying to find a Megabass Diablo Slant Bridge, and when you find it, not minding paying $1000 for it.

basscatcher
03-14-2009, 08:32 PM
thats one sick rod DS very very pricey.

God BLess

basscatcher

a biley
03-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Tackle whore is trying to find a Megabass Diablo Slant Bridge, and when you find it, not minding paying $1000 for it.

lol, you're right

bsp
03-14-2009, 08:56 PM
You're on your way there, but you won't be totally converted until you start buying JDM rod and reel combos. Some useful vocabulary includes (but not limited to): JDM, Megabass, Evergreen, ZPI, and Bassart. A good working knowledge of all the limited edition and discontinued JDM rods and reels is also useful. I am only half way there seeing as I have never bought a high end JDM rod. Seen and held a few, but never bought one.
DarkShadow's statement hits the nail on the head.

a biley
03-14-2009, 09:20 PM
You're on your way there, but you won't be totally converted until you start buying JDM rod and reel combos. Some useful vocabulary includes (but not limited to): JDM, Megabass, Evergreen, ZPI, and Bassart. A good working knowledge of all the limited edition and discontinued JDM rods and reels is also useful. I am only half way there seeing as I have never bought a high end JDM rod. Seen and held a few, but never bought one.
DarkShadow's statement hits the nail on the head.

lol i want some of those JDM reels and rods, like the megabass. Some guy I fish with came from Japan and has a nice megabass rod. I want that Shimano Aldebaran, but am not willing to cough up the dough with no warranty...

I'm fairly new to fishing still, just at one year, but I'll get there. probably not as much as DS though lol, maybe when I get a better paying job and finish school.

a biley
03-14-2009, 09:22 PM
speaking of JDM reels, look at the Shimano Scorpion XT

http://www.japantackle.com/Shimano/Shimano_ScorpionXT_1500.htm

tpfishnfool
03-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Not a Whore yet,, just a slut,, LOL

DarkShadow
03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
...probably not as much as DS though lol.

Not even.

If I dropped $1000 on a rod, I'd have to survive on 99 cent McDoubles for about 2 months.

And if I had to go as low as to surviving on 99 cent McDoubles for 2 months to support my habit of wanting limited edition fishing rods from Japan, I'd hope I'd soon walk into a room with my close friends and family, THIS guy:

http://www.couragecommunity.org/homebase/images/stories/webinars/ken-seeley_headshot-sm.jpg

and some cameras from A&E.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/350/intervention.jpg

a biley
03-16-2009, 11:39 AM
my buddy has the Megabass Destroyer Tomahawk F4-67TX, looks sick! and has that nice rod sleeve

HEMAN
03-16-2009, 11:52 AM
i'm in the same boat you are A Biley.. i went from 2 ten year old rods one year ago to about 7 setups and a boat this year. LOL

cumaras, curados, and mg's, Oh My...

a biley
03-16-2009, 11:58 AM
i'm in the same boat you are A Biley.. i went from 2 ten year old rods one year ago to about 7 setups and a boat this year. LOL

did you say BOAT?! PUDD!!!

HEMAN
03-16-2009, 12:00 PM
did you say BOAT?! PUDD!!!

yup... i bought Rooster's old Duroboat... its been great to me thus far.. and i do have the annual pass for the Pudd. Haven't been out there much lately, but will be in the coming weeks/months. I'll hit you up sometime. Just kinda tough cause i dont have a truck to pull it right now. Gotta borrow my bro's when ever i can.

City Dad
03-16-2009, 12:39 PM
...if you're going strictly by definition, then buying tackle doesn't make you a tackle whore - no matter the amount.

What makes you a tackle "whore" is when you pedal your #%*# to buy the tackle... and if you are wearing gold lame waders with clear, plexiglass heels when you pedal your #%*#, that makes you a back-alley tackle whore. It's all a matter of the level of desperation...

HEMAN
03-16-2009, 12:44 PM
...if you're going strictly by definition, then buying tackle doesn't make you a tackle whore - no matter the amount.

What makes you a tackle "whore" is when you pedal your #%*# to buy the tackle... and if you are wearing gold lame waders with clear, plexiglass heels when you pedal your #%*#, that makes you a back-alley tackle whore. It's all a matter of the level of desperation...

LOL 1234567 (to make 10 characters)

SOSO
03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
As long as you can afford it your fine...

DarkShadow
03-16-2009, 02:32 PM
As long as you can afford it your fine...

Exactly. But it seems the "afford" definition gets stretched quite a bit with a few peeps I know.

But if you're missing child support payments, and are living pay check to pay check, you better reconsider.

As my homie E-40 once said,

"Sometimes it's cool to floss,
But don't buy an eighty-five thousand dollar car
Before you buy a house."

shy_boxer
03-16-2009, 11:38 PM
A Biley....it's still too early for you, bro! I would call you a tackle teaser....not yet a tackle slut nor a tackle hooker. Wait a until you have over 30 rods and reels and five figure digits on tackle...only until then...you may call yourself a full blown TACKLE WHORE!!! ROFL!!