PDA

View Full Version : spring break fishing

bergie berg
03-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I was on this spring break this past week and I was able to get out and fish three times.

Day 1:(last sunday) fished for 2.5 hours near the docks around m street in NPH during an afternoon incoming tide and had a steady pick on some nice spotties (took pics of the 2 big ones). My dad and I were also pleasantly suprised to catch a few small calicos.

Day 2:(Monday) Hit up Bolsa Chica looking for my first surf halibut or at least a pig BSP and it wasnt meant to be. But I did manage some small BSPs (sorry no pics).

Day 3:(Today) Wanted to hit up NPH again on the kayak but my usual Kayaking buddy (my old man) had to go to work. So I went back to BCSB and worked the drop shot hard for the big skunk. Maybee next time lol.

Enjoy the pics, all fish released.

BIGRED KILLA
03-13-2009, 10:50 PM
I saw you guys out there i was on the jetty with my buddy Bones for about 10 min saw you guys near the dock we where on the end of the jetty throwin near the dock i was over lookn you guys. Thanks for the pics and report.

Bigred

TShaffer
03-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Spring break already? I don't get out till easter time. Nice job and don't give up on the bcsb jetty. I think it's been slow because they've been dredging.

megafisher94
03-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Spring break already? I don't get out till easter time. Nice job and don't give up on the bcsb jetty. I think it's been slow because they've been dredging.
definatly the dredging

Santa Fe Eric
03-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Nice way to spend Spring Break! Nothing I'd rather do than fish during my Spring Break!

flyngby
03-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Nice to be able to hit the water for 3 straight days!!!!

The bite will pick up soon in those areas!

Steve

Wingnut
03-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Spring break time already?!? Enjoy your time off and hit the surf as much as possible! :Wink: