PDA

View Full Version : The Vine March 13th

Crab
03-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey guys.Been awhile since I posted.(last year?) me and the boy took the Ol' bayliner out of hibernation today.(last run was in 03...ouch!) Must say the wekend looks promising if today was any indicator.We stopped first thing (7am) at trout island.Guys in pontoon connected with at least 4 in 30 min we were there.We got the big zero.Since my boat is rigged for trolling I figured I'd let my son (now 9) have his first go at trolling.We connected with 6 total and finished at 2:30. I saw fish being cought by most.Nice sized.(our were 3lbs or so)was a great day on the lake.Have fun out there this weekend!

Troutman65
03-13-2009, 08:44 PM
I remember talking to you first thing in the morning about the Quagga Mussel. Nice that you had a great day at the lake . :Smile: See you next time .

Crab
03-13-2009, 08:58 PM
yahhh Tman.Nice to have met u.Was a beautifull day on the water.Looking forward to putting the boat in more often.Gonna try an drag my pops out there next week.Seems a few guys were pulling the rapalas and having luck.Nothing for me there.All mine came on needlefish.My trusty lure of choice.(helps i have 2 of each color ever made since 1970 ;)
yellow seemed to be the color of the day.Had 4 on chartreuse, and 2 on cop car.
Tight lines all...

Troutman65
03-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Right on Crab. You seem well perpared for fishing for the trout that are in the lake. There has been many big trout stocked and only a few caught so far. You keep it up your going to nail a MONSTER. I hope I am there to see it Bro. Good luck fishing at the lake. See you on the water.:Smile: