PDA

View Full Version : We Broke Up....

Liteliner
03-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Just thought I would let everybody know that I finally broke up with her. I’ve tried to break it off before but she always finds her way back to me. This time there is no turning back. I’ve made up my mind finally. She’s always been there for me that I cant deny. When ever I was stressed or feeling down she would always chill me out. She was good to me but at the same time she was slowly killing me. We've had so many good years together but I just couldnt hide it anymore. I have a new girl now and I don’t think it would be fair to have her share this misery with me. So that is why I have broke up with her.....

Yes I finally did it………….. I quit smoking……..
So good bye Marlboro Menthol Lights. I wish you the best.... :Wink:

Just realized today while at the gas station buying more shock tarts that the price has also gone way up on smokes. The guy in front of me paid 5.97 for a pack of reds. I giggled to myself for a second. I quit smoking with perfect timing. Thanks to Nicoderm for patches………….

ghetto dad
03-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Good for you brother!!!! ill brb...im going to light up a FAT marlboro red right now....its that time..:ROFL:

GD

tacklejunkie
03-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Good for you brother!!!! ill brb...im going to light up a FAT marlboro red right now....its that time..:ROFL:

GD
OUch! :ROFL:

Dude, more power to you. Cigs suck. One habbit I would die to quit.

What the heck were you smoking those nasty menthol lights for anyways?

sansou
03-13-2009, 07:14 PM
LOL !

More power to you LL. I was supposed to stop this New Year's, but well, ya know.....

So, in the interim, in between cigs I dont smoke. :Wink:

tacklejunkie
03-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I thought last week that I could quit smoking using tootsie pops, sour apple pops and those blue raspberry suckers. Physical addiction almost as much as mental right? And I can chew the hell out of the sticks after I maul the sucker.

Went down and cleaned out the convenient store of all their suckers.
It worked out good for the first couple of hours until I realized I couldn't continuously live off the sweet taste of lollipops without killing my teeth and going on the craziest sugar high and dentist relapse of my life.
Now I have a bunch of left over suckers, and I feel like one too.

Back to the drawing board..

ghetto dad
03-13-2009, 07:53 PM
LOL !

More power to you LL. I was supposed to stop this New Year's, but well, ya know.....

:ROFL:

I thought last week that I could quit smoking using tootsie pops, sour apple pops and those blue raspberry suckers. Physical addiction almost as much as mental right? And I can chew the hell out of the sticks after I maul the sucker.

It worked out good for the first couple of hours until I realized I couldn't continuously live off the sweet taste of lollipops without killing my teeth and going on the craziest sugar high and dentist relapse of my life.

:ROFL: Is it just me??? All of a sudden i notice an add banner on here for Nicoderm...strange

GD

tacklejunkie
03-13-2009, 08:07 PM
What, this one?
Must be the work of the yahoo and google bots.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/nicorette.jpg

ghetto dad
03-13-2009, 08:11 PM
LOL TJ.....riteriners inspiring me...I may have to attempt too....

GD

Liteliner
03-13-2009, 08:45 PM

GD

Thanks man.

OUch! :ROFL:

Dude, more power to you. Cigs suck. One habbit I would die to quit.

What the heck were you smoking those nasty menthol lights for anyways?

Thanks. Menthol used to be the bomb.... This is probably like the first time I have quit and felt sure about it.

LOL !

LoL. I stopped on New years also but lasted one day.... actually til 3 pm only.

Ive tried cold turkey like 20 times before and broke down easily everytime. This time I have the patch and it seems to calm the addiction quite a bit. I also stuff my mouth with either sour skittles or shock tarts everytime I get that urge and burn the crap out of my taste buds. Seems to be working for me.

LOL TJ.....riteriners inspiring me...I may have to attempt too....

GD

Do it bro. A pack is six bucks now. Thats alot of saved money if ya quit. Try the patch. It really helps alot.

a biley
03-13-2009, 08:46 PM
What, this one?

lol i thought you photoshopped that, until i scrolled all the way up!

ghetto dad
03-13-2009, 09:00 PM
I TOLD you guys!!!! All of a sudden, that starts appearing after peter says that!!!! Peter is getting kick backs from them!!!!

GD

CASTAWAY
03-13-2009, 09:10 PM
funny....hahahahaha.... funny..... happy for you.....

Captain Boracho
03-13-2009, 10:03 PM
What, this one?

another reason i direct connect to sites and use mozilla firefox to browse the web...no adds = AWESOMENESS!!!

smalweld
03-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Took me a few thousand dollars in wood and woodworking equipment to quit smoking cigs.. Well the patch helped too. I couldnt just sit still with the patch, I was too used to doing stuff. So when I quit, I decided to keep my hands so busy that they would keep my mind off of the physical craving. Spent 3 or 4 weeks straight in the garage keeping busy from the time I was off of work until almost time for sleep. Wound up making some very nice Christmas gifts and gave myself the best gift of all. Not having to stop off at the flippin store every day for a pack of smokes!!. That and the fact that when my son was born, I decided I would never be able to keep up with him when he got older. I do not ever regret quitting smoking... This is the one time when everyone likes a quitter :)

Sean

Flying
03-14-2009, 01:20 AM
Good luck to you LL.

I've been tobacco smoke free for at least 3 years nows. After 3 tries and 25 years of smoking I'm sure its over now. I still miss it and think about it. I'm sure that will never go away but I'm sure a few hits off a RED will make me OD and die now:ROFL:

At 47 I've gained more than a few pounds since I quit. Tubing seems to help. I do about 5-6 miles a week. I swing my arms around a lot out there in the tube too, helps burn up more calories.:Smile:

Ronira
03-14-2009, 05:56 AM
I quit smoking 15 yrs ago after a twenty year run. The nicoderm patch that's been mentioned was the only way I would have ever pulled it off. I also used a couple of herbs, Saint Johns Wort and Valerian root. Kept me from getting tense. Still like to drink beer though. :Beer Toast:

olfishergal
03-14-2009, 06:38 PM
congrats, now your gf doesn't have to lick an ashtray anymore!!!

Sue
03-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Congratulations! I am thinking more and more about quitting, so I reckon it's gonna happen soon.
My mum died of lung cancer, FFS, and I'm still smoking......LOSER!

Daryl
03-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Learning about the effects of smoking, along with the nicotine withdrawal process is what helped me. Once I learned what symptoms to expect, what caused them, and how to ease them, an informed quit was much more manageable.

Here is some good information:

http://whyquit.com/
http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_NicodemonsLies.html

Liteliner
03-31-2009, 07:11 PM
I really missed you today. I was all alone at work and I could smell you in the air. It took me a cup of noodle's with ten shots of sirachi, one bag of sour skittles, six pieces of trident xtra care gum, and a rawness on my tongue to get you out of my head. I hate you Marboro Menthol Light....

Sue
03-31-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm taking the plunge on Sunday. I keep "finding" excuses why I don't quit. I have a box of patches and I'm ready to do this - I have to do this.
Maybe we can do this together...........

Liteliner
03-31-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm taking the plunge on Sunday. I keep "finding" excuses why I don't quit. I have a box of patches and I'm ready to do this - I have to do this.
Maybe we can do this together...........

Go for it sue. Dont wait for sunday. TOday is as good as any other day. When I decided to quit i was on the road coming home from work. I was about five minutes from home and decided to myself I dont need smokes and on a spur of the moment crushed my pack and tossed it out the window. I never felt so good about myself til I found myself at 7/11 an hour later buying another pack of smokes and having me a fresh one. My excuse was wait I told myself a few days before I would quit on the following weekend. My badd...

I finally got some backup with patches and now I feel the fight with smokes is way more even now. We'll use this thread as a help thread then. It helps to talk about it so let me know how things go....

My little bit of advice that I used on myself. I would stay away from anything that made me wanna smoke and buy lots of sour candy... Im literally torturing my tongue whenever I get that feeling. Id go through the whole month patch process so you have no doubts about wanting to smoke. Good Luck Sue.

sansou
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Good luck Peter...you too Sue.

Liteliner
03-31-2009, 10:51 PM
Good luck Peter...you too Sue.

Im almost past the three week mark rich. When are you gonna join?

sansou
03-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Im almost past the three week mark rich. When are you gonna join?

I'm gonna ponder that once I put this butt out... lol

I'm a natural born procrastinator...sometime in 2009.....hopefully!

Sue
04-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Honestly, I'm not going to quit until Sunday because this week I'm heading to Vegas for the CTIA convention and I don't want the hassle of quitting while I'm out on business - bitchiness ensues when I don't smoke! (Yeah, watch out boys! :ROFL: )
I KNOW it's not going to be easy, but this time I'm determined to do it - for me. Not because the man in my life wants me to stop, not because smoking killed my mum........I'm doing it because I'm young enough to and quite frankly it's sodding embarrassing being a smoker. Not to mention the expense (wasted money) and the fact that my car, my hair and my clothes all stink and I'd much rather have a healthy life!

joe man
04-01-2009, 07:02 AM
I quit for 1 year after back surgeery and then decided it would be OK to have an occasional cigar. Here I am a few years later and back up to 1 pack of reds a day. Good job on the smoking but do not let yourself believe that cigars or chew are any different. I have started back running and hope to join you soon in the no smoking section.

lalo56
04-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Good for you. I use to smoke and when i quit i realized how much my clothes stank and hands. Nasty habbit. I have been smoke free for 6yrs.

fisherbabe
04-01-2009, 09:25 AM
WOW.. good for you Liteliner! I quit two years ago July 2007 and had been smoking since I was 14/15. It feels good to wake up and not have the nasty cough and able to breathe again. I guess I didnt quit completely since I only smoke occasionally while socializing or after a drink or two. But its still a big improvement from 1 pack a day!!

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Sue
04-05-2009, 12:07 PM
I had my last one at 10.30 last night. Sure, it's only 12.00pm today but considering I have one as soon as I wake up and I'm not even craving a cig, I definitely think there's hope for me! LOL!
Haven't even put a patch on! Gator, bless him, when he was clipping coupons this morning, gave me a $10 off Nicorette coupon....now that's love, I tell ya! :ROFL:

JENSEN500
04-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Congrats to you bro! Kris (Striper Chic) and i quit cold turkey last sept. 22nd and haven't looked back.It's a little tough at first,but sunflower seeds and hard candy held me over between cravings,then eventually (about 1 week or so) i didnt want one anymore.Man could i tell the difference in the way i felt when deer hunting time came,i was all over those Idaho mountains and didn't have that bad out of breath smokers hak!

Keep up the good work and remember that it is as much a mental addiction as physical and a huge addiction of habit.

jeff

Liteliner
04-15-2009, 10:24 PM
WOW.. good for you Liteliner! I quit two years ago July 2007 and had been smoking since I was 14/15. It feels good to wake up and not have the nasty cough and able to breathe again. I guess I didnt quit completely since I only smoke occasionally while socializing or after a drink or two. But its still a big improvement from 1 pack a day!!

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Thanks jagobas and congrats to you aswell... I just stopped drinking for the time being cause we all know you gotta spark it up if your drinkin...

I had my last one at 10.30 last night. Sure, it's only 12.00pm today but considering I have one as soon as I wake up and I'm not even craving a cig, I definitely think there's hope for me! LOL!
Haven't even put a patch on! Gator, bless him, when he was clipping coupons this morning, gave me a $10 off Nicorette coupon....now that's love, I tell ya! :ROFL:

So how you doin???? Fill me in. I think im completely free now. I had about 6 shots of remy saturday night at my cousins wedding and didnt even think about smoking. Thats got to be a good sign. :Razz:

Congrats to you bro! Kris (Striper Chic) and i quit cold turkey last sept. 22nd and haven't looked back.It's a little tough at first,but sunflower seeds and hard candy held me over between cravings,then eventually (about 1 week or so) i didnt want one anymore.Man could i tell the difference in the way i felt when deer hunting time came,i was all over those Idaho mountains and didn't have that bad out of breath smokers hak!

Keep up the good work and remember that it is as much a mental addiction as physical and a huge addiction of habit.

jeff

Thanks man and happy late congrats on your smoke freeness. I tried cold turkey a few times. It was rough for me so I ended up with the patch. I also feel more energetic myself.

Asecino420
04-16-2009, 03:04 PM
tobaco iS WACKO...one thing i hate is ciggs....you know death is near and you keep puffing...take a toke and yeah...well glad to hear u stoped..that **** will killa ya.wish i can break up with mary but yeah