PDA

View Full Version : 3/12/2009 - Constitution 1.5 Day

greg
03-13-2009, 06:13 PM
I just got off the Constitution for a 1.5 day rock cod trip that left Wednesday evening. I can't believe that Captain Joe ran with 8 paid plus the 2nd's wife. Clean bunk room, decent galley, good food (but I missed dinner since it was bumpy out there) and excellent all around operation. This boat even had hot fresh water showers! I had to put my 7 foot rods in the upper rod holders but not a big deal. We fished Castro’s Camp and above the Colenet. On several stops, the captain ran the motor to keep us on the spot due to the current and stiff winds - good job, Capt Joe! We caught several lings, a few Humboldt squid (cut up and used for bait), whitefish and a nice mixture of bottom fish some in the 5 lb range. The jackpot was a red that went almost 8 lbs! My final count was a whitefish, 2 reds, 2 lings, 1 perch and a bunch of rockfish. Most of my catch was on the giant squid that was cut up and used for bait. But both lings were caught on large 'dines. This is a boat I'll hop on again !!!

Sorry, no pics...

JapanRon
03-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi greg,

Good for you !! Sounds like the skip went the extra mile. Burnin' fuel and with such a lite load .... wonder if he got his fuel $$ back !? Still .....times are tough and good press should be worth more than in times past.

Appreciate the info,

JapanRon