PDA

View Full Version : F&G citations at Fairmont Park!

fishmounter
03-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Yes! There were 2 California Department of Fish and Game wardens walking around Fairmont Park and several people were cited for fishing without a license and for having 2 rods out. Also someone got a warning about trying to snag bass. I guess somebody called and complained. One warden said they will patrol the area parks and lakes mostly on weekends, but will try to visit whenever they are in the vicinity. These guys were "Undercover", look like fishermen, but when you saw their badges and guns, you knew there was no fooling around. Cool!

UCR's Fishman
03-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Hell yeah It's about time, last summer i would see all kinds of people fishing without a license. I went there a couple of weeks ago and saw a police cruiser and some other people who work for the city or something. Feels great to know that the city is finally doing something about all the poachers. Looks like im gonna be fishing there more often!

BassFreak
03-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Great to see the DFG stepping up!! :Wink:

smokinflies
03-13-2009, 05:52 PM
it's great to hear that the dfg is finally taking action.

they must of made a great chunk of change giving out those citations.

smalweld
03-13-2009, 05:53 PM
It's great that we finally have someone out patrolling and GIVING tickets at my home lake. Only fished there once and saw one license out of 10 to 15 people fishing. I am tired of the city parks rangers response and only giving out warnings.. I pay for my license every year, as a tax paying, license paying person, I am glad that they are finally going after the people that do not have a license. I am tired of paying for either trout or catfish so the unlicensed can bring home dinner while I catch and release!!!... Wait striped bass is a different story.. they taste pretty good :) hehehe But striped bass are in a different lake too... Don't want all sorts of people heading to Fairmont in search of some stripers LOL.

Sean

viking172
03-13-2009, 07:15 PM
good news for once

old pudd fisher
03-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Thats good to hear. I wonder how the fine is?

jlgarciaiii22
03-14-2009, 11:20 AM
They need to head down to my area.... Could easily write up citations for about 40 poachers between the 3 city parks where i live!

SkipperDick
03-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Excellent!!!!! It's about Freaking time!!!!

fishmounter
03-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey Skipper.. Did you get my email?

a biley
03-14-2009, 10:07 PM
They need to head down to my area.... Could easily write up citations for about 40 poachers between the 3 city parks where i live!

downey, regional, and...? since you're in norwalk, we should fish!

fishntime
03-15-2009, 06:28 AM
Honestly, its really good to hear that the FandG are out issuing citations. Now we need to get them over to Perris.

Old AnglishMan
03-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Hey SkipperDick
You think the DFG showing up at Fairmont had anything to do with us meeting and talking to our friend at Little Rock ? I know we gave him an ear full. I'm pretty sure it helped by telling him that there is plenty of money to be made in citations. Hope to see more is done considering the Bass spawn and all.

SkipperDick
03-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Hey Skipper.. Did you get my email?Yes I did Jeff, thank you brother! Very nice catch. I haven't been there in about a week. Should be hitting it up sometime this week though.

SkipperDick
03-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Hey SkipperDick
You think the DFG showing up at Fairmont had anything to do with us meeting and talking to our friend at Little Rock ? I know we gave him an ear full. I'm pretty sure it helped by telling him that there is plenty of money to be made in citations. Hope to see more is done considering the Bass spawn and all.I was thinking the same thing brother. I certainly hope we helped in getting those folks out there more often. I'm stoked to hear they were there at all!!!!

Lechuga
03-16-2009, 08:28 AM
:EyePop:CRAP!!!!!! now I have to buy a license !:ROFL:
Bout time !

bigblant
03-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Heya Jeff,
That's great news, good to hear.
Bet the park was nice that day, probally only 1 or 2 people left fishing w/ licenses after the dfg busted everyone.

fishmounter
03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Josh, I sent you a PM...

dly123
03-17-2009, 08:09 PM
This is the most beautiful thing I have read this month. I purchased my 2009 license shortly after reading this and promptly donated fishing tackle to the tree roots along Dexter St.

If I can catch 4 fish all year here, it would be considered an epic year for me.

Lechuga
03-18-2009, 09:28 AM
If I can catch 4 fish all year here, it would be considered an epic year for me.[/QUOTE]

I hate to admit it, but i can relate to your comment as well!

bigblant
03-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Rarely catching anything in Fairmont makes it all the more special when I do get something there :Smile: