PDA

View Full Version : Fishing this weekend question

pasadenafishin
03-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey, sorry i hate asking questions this broad but i gotta. Well my dad is in town this week and we want to go fishing. We have gone to irvine like 12 times in 2009 and were bored of catching trout. What lake do you think we could go to, to catch some bigger fish?(stripers or bass) Any lake within 55 miles of Pasadena. We will be fishing from shore.
Does castaic have a good bass bite right now?

Jimmo
03-13-2009, 05:43 PM
I called Castaic today. The bite is picking up, but they've been pumping water into the lake so the temp's not warming up as much as it would have with all this sun. Plastics are working, and I've managed a couple of fish the last few weeks on a watermelon jig with a similar trailer. I'm going tomorrow with my son and his buddy and his dad. Planning to fish a drop shot and jigs and also maybe some Zoom fluke minnows. We fish for bass, but I hear the stiper bite has been slow. DFG did stock trout earlier this week though.

Hope that helps! If you see two dads and two 10-year-olds in a Sea Ray rigged with a trolling motor, that's us!

City Dad
03-13-2009, 07:03 PM
hey pasadena, you guys ever go surf fishing? There's some pigs out there.

GET DA NET
03-13-2009, 07:16 PM

I've never hit the surf, is there any good spots in long beach to throw sum LC's around?

pasadenafishin
03-13-2009, 10:09 PM

i have the gear to go but, i never do. Any decent spots out there?

edenooch
03-14-2009, 01:48 AM
went to silverwood last weekend.
its about 65mi from Pasadena. im in eagle rock and it took me an hour.
had no luck the few hours i was there. but saw people on boats catchin fish!