PDA

View Full Version : Spring Bass fishing kicks into full gear!

VineAssist
03-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Its been a while since I have had to do one of these so bear with me on this. I finally go to get out and do some fishing. Went out with my buddies Cole and Adam, who drove from Murtown to experience the budding Bass bite.
Headed out with Cole and dropped the trolling motor down on our first spot. The meter picks up the water at 58 degrees. Coast along the bank for nada.

So we head off to our next spot which was a secondary point that has a shallow top with deep drop offs on each side. Cole casts out and wham a buck bass comes to the boat. I pitch out and game on. We have to leave because Adam is waiting back at the docks.
We pick up Adam and proceed back to the Alpha spot. We proceed to get a couple more fish in the same size range as before. I throw out into about twenty feet of water and feel a solid thump. Set the hook and see a better sized fish come to the surface. Finally get the fish into the boat and it is a solid 4+lb plus fish.

Figuring the spot was done we headed off to try some other areas and got a few more fish in the flats. Headed back to the alpha spot and Cole pitchs into the same deepwater spot and sets the hooks. The fish rips drag off the brand new TD Sol dropshot combo I just got. The fish comes up and all I see is this big mouth headed towards the boat. After a long battle Cole finally manages to get the fish into the boat. The fish is a good 5lb to 6lbs.

I deciede to try some other stuff. I head over to the West Shore and find a cove that made my mouth water. We fish it for about thirty minutes and Adam lands a fish also in the 3-4lb range on a dropshot. We basically caught fish wherever we went.
Here are some pictures taken at the dock. All the fish where released alive off the spots they came.
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/jrg26p/Irvine_Testing_3-12-09_0141-1.jpg
Group picture with two biggest fish by each of us.
Baker holding the three better fish
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/jrg26p/Irvine_Testing_3-12-09_0151.jpg

Sierra_Smitty
03-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Springtime bassin - NICE!!!!!

SteveH
03-13-2009, 04:37 PM
"Hooks"
It pays to be the man!
Great job,
Steve

MAVERICK27
03-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Sweet bro!! Jimmy you gotta take me Bassin with you this year!!

VineAssist
03-13-2009, 07:47 PM
No problem Mav.. I can go on Tuesday and Thursdays mostly. However, i can sneak half days in usually on the weeken. The ghetto rig (my boat) is always ready to go.

Troutman65
03-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey Jimmy, where is my Cheeky Monkey? :Smile:

You forgot to mention that you ran out of GAS !!!!:ROFL:

Glad to be of service to bring you some gas so you can get back in. :Smile::Wink:

Nice going on the BASS !!!!!!

Thanks for the report !!!

VineAssist
03-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Yep I ran out of gas.. Ohh well thats life kinda of funny actually .

Troutman65
03-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Yep I ran out of gas.. Ohh well thats life kinda of funny actually .

Hey Jimmy , Just Razzing you untill I get my Cheeky Monkey.:ROFL::Wink:

You did good out there on the Bass. You should get out and fish more often Bro.:Smile::Wink:

troutdog
03-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Hey Jimmy , Just Razzing you untill I get my Cheeky Monkey.:ROFL::Wink:

You did good out there on the Bass. You should get out and fish more often Bro.:Smile::Wink:

If this is the case why do I think you have a lot of razzing yet to do TM?

Nice job on the greenies Jimmy.

TD

Hitts0n
03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Moving bass up outta their beds Jimmy ? :ROFL:
Did ya slay um ?

VineAssist
03-15-2009, 04:52 PM
These fish where not on beds!!! If they where I would not move them around end of story. Also I will only bed fish bigger fish. Maybe two of those fish would have gotten flipped on if I was sight fishing.
Just telling the truth guys.

Hitts0n
03-15-2009, 05:15 PM
These fish where not on beds!!! If they where I would not move them around end of story. Also I will only bed fish bigger fish. Maybe two of those fish would have gotten flipped on if I was sight fishing.
Just telling the truth guys.

Lma000 ! :ROFL::ROFL:

troutdog
03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
These fish where not on beds!!! If they where I would not move them around end of story.

How many times do you think a bass fisherman has uttered those words? :Wink: I think all bassers should just stick to carp fishing during March and April!

TD aka Carpman65 :ROFL:

VineAssist
03-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Problem with your theroy there Carpman65! When the bass are spawning the Carp also happen to be spawning. Good thing a solid set of South Swell came in for me.
Ohh I will be fishing the Trouts here on Tuesday! I promised a special we would go get her big Trout for the year. Then it is back to the Basses.
Besides isnt it you who said all trout are is Carp in clown suits! Man TD that sorrta reminds me of your boys in blues! They try and be like the Angels but are really just in disguise! ohh poor Carpman!

Mondo21
03-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Nice going on the Bass Jimmy. Thanks for the report and pics. Cindy:Razz:

NoHo ART
03-16-2009, 10:53 AM
OOOOooOOOO jimmy is calling out all the crips..
better watch out for troll by's jimmy :ROFL:

troutdog
03-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Man TD that sorrta reminds me of your boys in blues! They try and be like the Angels but are really just in disguise!

Whoever took Jimmy's meds off the cafe counter plese return them promptly....

TD

Hitts0n
03-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Bass convo is so bitter....lma000 !

Maybe I will hit a trip to the vine Tuesday ! Make sure Jimmy isnt snagging ! :ROFL::ROFL:

Troutman65
03-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Problem with your theroy there Carpman65! When the bass are spawning the Carp also happen to be spawning. Good thing a solid set of South Swell came in for me.
Ohh I will be fishing the Trouts here on Tuesday! I promised a special we would go get her big Trout for the year. Then it is back to the Basses.
Besides isnt it you who said all trout are is Carp in clown suits! Man TD that sorrta reminds me of your boys in blues! They try and be like the Angels but are really just in disguise! ohh poor Carpman!

Jimmy, who is this Carpman65 you speak of ? :Surprised:

mobilereef
03-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Jimmy-

Those are some great bass on what looks like a REALLY fun day. I am still waiting for that call to go with you...dont you owe me a trip???? I thought a day on my boat was worth a day on yours...? Maybe you can teach me a thing or two

fisherman9
03-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Nicejob out there! Ive tried fishing for bass at Irvine numerous times.. hit up all the spots where they would be, drop offs, trees, etc and have only got a few 1 lbers. props to ya!