PDA

View Full Version : jackpot winning tactics

BabyKiller
03-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Well, I really enjoy party boat fishing, and i love competition. So a jackpot is a great chance for some outside the box thinking. Im going to share a few of my tactics for success by going against the other anglers.

On a seabass trip to santa barbara last may, we were sitting dead in grey light. No bites to be had. Everyone was using a light sliding sinker in 20 fathoms. There was little to no current, so i decided to fish the lower water column. I was rewarded with a dandy halibut that made the day.

On another charter to the tanner bank, the captain stressed using heavier tackle. Most anglers were spooled with 40lb straight mono. After watching other boats hook up it was apparent the fish were a bit outta range. i grabbed a spectra rig with a 5' topshot of 20lb flouro. The bait swam wayyyyyy out and i caught the first yellow of the day.

I fished a twilight sandbass special earlier into the season. everyone was soo excited to catch a sandbass off the stern with squid strips and frozen dead. fffffff that i wanna win. so, i tossed iron at dusk in the bow and bagged two cuda quitely. muahahaha at jackpot time people musta thought i cheated because i didnt hoot or holler. haha

in summation, i gave a few tricks. if i fish with you expect many more:ROFL:

Koshaw
03-13-2009, 07:01 AM
Cool tips man!

=)

bsp
03-13-2009, 11:49 AM
On another charter to the tanner bank, the captain stressed using heavier tackle. Most anglers were spooled with 40lb straight mono. After watching other boats hook up it was apparent the fish were a bit outta range. i grabbed a spectra rig with a 5' topshot of 20lb flouro. The bait swam wayyyyyy out and i caught the first yellow of the day.

I remember that.... you got a nice blank out of it, right?

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to try the halibut one sometime.

willis949
03-17-2009, 12:46 PM
What I do is catch bigger fish than anyone else and I win.It only works every once in a while though.Another hint is catch a fish that is heavy and when they compare it to someone elses fish it will weigh more and you will win.