PDA

View Full Version : Legg Lake 3 days in a row

ronniek524
03-12-2009, 11:35 AM
caught and released one dinky one a day early am. Although it is very unusual, don't see many bass near shore or chasing bait fish... I guess people took all the big uns :(... home. That sux- I use to hammer the large ones around this time. Have anyone caught a 3lb+ lately there? thnx

jbassc
03-12-2009, 01:04 PM
That place is a s##t hole there aint no bass left whats so ever legg is just another casualty of the poaching community.

PureAle
03-12-2009, 01:06 PM
YUP, dont go there its haunted.

Porkchop5420
03-12-2009, 01:12 PM
I am one of the handful of regulars who fish legg very often and all I can say is that majority of the fish (Bass/cat/ etc) has been taken by poachers. Poachers fishing live bait( trout/bluegill/shad/ etc) and keeping everything they catch. This is the result of poaching. You want to know why the fish haven't moved up yet? It is because there are hardly any fish left in those lakes. Also it doesn't help the problem when the bass are spawning, and people are harassing them. Don't let my words discourage you from fishing legg. I am positive your going to have a hard time finding/catching the fish just like the rest of the locals there. We are talking about locals who has been fishing their since legg was built and people who fish it daily. Good luck

PureAle
03-12-2009, 01:16 PM
theres mad poachers everywhere, when i went to peck road some guys straight up were throwing nets in the water.i dont doubt it, that it also happens at legg.

DarkShadow
03-12-2009, 01:52 PM
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9582/legg.jpg

TShaffer
03-12-2009, 02:25 PM
that picture makes me really want to hurt poachers....badly

Dr. MindBendo
03-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Dark Shadow is right guys. We need to stop reports about the Legg and Peck. It just attracts more poachers and more pressure to these lakes. If it's out of site it's out of mind. I hate to sound negative but it's true. :Sad:

basscatcher
03-12-2009, 07:45 PM
i agree. i love legg lake myself it could be such a great lake to fish with all the structure it has but poachers have destroyed it.

God BLess

basscatcher

jerryG
03-13-2009, 12:45 AM

It's called fishing responsibly.

I fish Legg several times a week, JBassC and PorkChop are right there are very few fish left in Legg. The fishery at Legg is done, destroyed by poachers..

....R.I.P Legg......

JerryG

jbassc
03-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Dark Shadow is right guys. We need to stop reports about the Legg and Peck. It just attracts more poachers and more pressure to these lakes. If it's out of site it's out of mind. I hate to sound negative but it's true. :Sad:

Its a little to late for legg that place is shot to hell.

smokinflies
03-13-2009, 06:24 AM
i fished legg lake almost everyday last year and seen alot of poachers destroy those lakes.

it's mainly those 5 gallon bucketheads that do all the damage to the lakes.

well, we'll just have to see how much damage has been done when spring time comes around, but it's not looking good, because this time last year the bite was on, and this year nothing.

THROWBACK RANGER
03-13-2009, 06:25 AM

amen !!!!!!!

EvilFett
03-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Well I was at the legg this morning and I didnt catch any either. I did see an asian guy with a 4lb Bass in his 5gal bucket:Crying: Asked him if he had a license and he played the dont speak english crap:Angry: There is a ton of fingerlings playing close to shore.

Bird dog
03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Not that is does much good,but we all need to call the DFG right away if we see any illegal stuff.It seems like this year they are stepping up enforcement to create revenew.

EvilFett
03-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Every time I call dfg I get their answering machine. Seems like a waste of my breathe.

jbassc
03-13-2009, 04:12 PM
The only post of legg were gonna get this year are gonna be how much it sucks.

smokinflies
03-13-2009, 05:55 PM
The only post of legg were gonna get this year are gonna be how much it sucks.

hey, you never know. someone might fish out a body or two. that would be a catch worth reporting.

GRUB SLINGER
03-13-2009, 08:31 PM
It's been a year or so since I fished Legg. Like it says 5000 cast 1 fish but it' beats a :Skunk: I'll be at the PIT at sunup an will post report:Outta Here:

acerax
03-27-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm new to the forum. Its sad what has happend to Legg. I remember fishing there as a kid and enjoying actually catching fish there. Does anyone know if the Los Angeles County Police enforces any of the Fish and Game laws, like no license? They have one of their stations next to Legg. Has anyone ever seen them enforce those laws. If they do, they would be a great resource to contact when there is illegal fishing going on. Their number is: dispatch center 24/7 at: 213-974-8000 or 800-834-0064. Parks Services Bureau Chief William G. Nash: 323-845-0070

EvilFett
03-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I fished the legg these past couple of days for about an hr each morning. Ive been able to catch 1 fish each time I went out. They are just about 1lb but are there. Maybe the big ones are gone but there is fish to catch. I wont tell you were I've had luck just keep trying:Evil: Oh by the way, I keep some cats and trout as they are planted by dfg and thats why I pay my yearly dues!

Asecino420
03-27-2009, 02:08 PM
yup ive seen the poachers with there trebble...flying all close to my eyes and ****...i fish the leggs regular and this bass seasson ive caught 3 this week..from sat till yesterday...maybe 2 pounders...im usre there some inthere but yeah them pochers are killing the lakes...

smokinflies
03-28-2009, 12:00 PM
I fished the legg these past couple of days for about an hr each morning. Ive been able to catch 1 fish each time I went out. They are just about 1lb but are there. Maybe the big ones are gone but there is fish to catch. I wont tell you were I've had luck just keep trying:Evil: Oh by the way, I keep some cats and trout as they are planted by dfg and thats why I pay my yearly dues!

i'm sure there's fish in the lake, but they're small and really not worth catching.

Koontaj
03-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Since I have been reading these post about the damm pochers I started seeing it everywhere. I was just blind to the fact. Thank for opening my eyes. I already had a little talk with one and he just started looking at me like f off. I told him....fool I know what your thinking and walked away...I was of pissed. Anyway Guys, I guess its time to do something for reals. Cant we do a citizens arrest? Im willing if you guys are willing. If you like, Pm me your numbers and see what we can do. All this complaining wont get anything done. It would also be a good way for me to get some fishing partner..I got none. None of my friend like fishing and the ones that do, dont live in the area.

Also, its cool if you think its not worth it...we dont want it to get out of hand. That shi$%! would be jacked if one of us would go to jail for trying to keep order.

its just a thought