PDA

View Full Version : I am Full of Myrth Today...

City Dad
03-12-2009, 10:55 AM
... but mainly, I'm just stuck in the office down-sizing tiffs...

anyhow, I noticed a post in the Freshwater section regarding the origin of the Salton Sea. Rather than hijack that thread I thought I'd start my own.

... but I know that my values are not shared by every memeber here and since I have resolved to be a better citizen in general and on this board specifically, I thought I'd run an idea up the flag pole before I wrote up the thread.

So, I actually know the real process by which the Salton Sea was formed. It was formed during a knock-down-drag-out fight between Paul Bunyan and Jesus which started over a big stack of flapjacks...

My question is, if I were to tell this story would it be offensive to lumberjacks? How about flapjack-eaters?

Thoughts?

Captain Boracho
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
i heard they fought because paulie told a yo momma joke to jesus!

City Dad
03-12-2009, 11:13 AM
i heard they fought because paulie told a yo momma joke to jesus!

hey, put youself in Jesus's sandals for a second... I can fully understand why he would be so protective of his mother... but, no. that wasn't the reason behind the formation of the Salton Sea.

You see, it was supposed to be a breakfast meeting... but things veered terribley off course when Bigfoot put both boysenberry and maple syrup on the table...

Captain Boracho
03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
funny how single unemployed mothers existed even back then.....she shoulda busted an octomom and had 8 jesus's!!

bruce watson
03-12-2009, 11:25 AM
hey, put youself in Jesus's sandals for a second... I can fully understand why he would be so protective of his mother... but, no. that wasn't the reason behind the formation of the Salton Sea.

You see, it was supposed to be a breakfast meeting... but things veered terribley off course when Bigfoot put both boysenberry and maple syrup on the table...

So, to ask Getto Dad's question, is that what Bigfoot would do?

City Dad
03-12-2009, 11:37 AM

it is what Bigfoot would do. He's a very open-minded kind of guy/crypto-species. Bunyan was the one who got his longjohns in a bunch... Jesus was just standing up for Bigfoot... and then things got messy... but the upshot was the creation of some a really unique fishing oprotunity in inland So. Cal....

Granny Fish
03-12-2009, 11:41 AM

Properly phrased WWBF do? :Wink:

Captain Boracho
03-12-2009, 11:43 AM
but things veered terribley off course when Bigfoot put both boysenberry and maple syrup on the table...

These are definately fightin terms!!! i always thought bigfoot was more of a peace love and happiness kinda hippy type dude.

City Dad
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
okay, the fight was between Jesus and Paul Bunyan. Bigfoot just happened to be there.

As I mentioned, it was a breakfast meeting and it was regarding who should be responsible for terrorizing kids on their first camp-out (Bigfoot ended up with that duty.) At any rate, the story goes that Bigfoot sets down a bottle of genuine Vermont Maple syrup and a bottle of boysenberry. Paul Bunyan, it is alleged, then started in with a rant on how serving boysenberry is just another way of saying "I've given up on blueberries" blah, blah, blah and then Jesus says to give Bigfoot a break, he had requested the boysenberry syrup... Then Paul Bunyan said something along the lines of "Oh, now it makes sense. 'I am the Lord and this is my blood, shed for you' ha, ha, ha!" and then he started smearing the boysenberry on his palms and yelping "ow, ow! Those nails are sharp. Now I'll never be a hand model!" Jesus can put up with a lot, but when you start making fun of his dream, well, it's not so easy for him to turn the other cheek...

Troutman65
03-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I understood it as bisquits & Gravy for breakfast. And they fought over who got the extra gravy.

City Dad
03-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I understood it as bisquits & Gravy for breakfast. And they fought over who got the extra gravy.

hmm. Never hear that one. I guest it might make sense if it was sausage gravy... not that Elmer's Glue stuff you get at Denny's... heck, I'd fight Paul Bunyan, Bigfoot, Jesus and Babe for a real plate of biscuits and gravy...

Troutman65
03-12-2009, 08:19 PM
hmm. Never hear that one. I guest it might make sense if it was sausage gravy... not that Elmer's Glue stuff you get at Denny's... heck, I'd fight Paul Bunyan, Bigfoot, Jesus and Babe for a real plate of biscuits and gravy...

Yes CD, It was Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage Gravy. MMMMMMMMMMMMM