PDA

View Full Version : Going to Dvl Friday

bleedinthedream
03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Going to hit up the lake. Haven't been in about a month how is the bass bite? once the storms hit i figured there was no reason to go, but now with the time switch i think we'll have better luck because of a larger window of opportunity in the morning. so what's been working?

sweetfish
03-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Try using jerkbaits soft or hard. Work them really slow. Also try plastic crawfish or jigs. It is a full moon so therefore the crayfish should be molting and stirring up the bass on a bite. Since it is pre spawn or full spawn mode, more plastic and slow presentation should be key right now.

Good luck.

DVL_Local
03-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Throw a senko. Maybe wacky rig it. Yeah, that's what I would do.

DVL_Local

bleedinthedream
03-13-2009, 08:15 PM
ya....i thought senkos would work boy did i luck out. I have a very sad story for you guys. So i found a couple bedding bass...i threw this senko in his bed and bam strike. He was about 3 pounds. Kept fishing this spot beacuse i knew there had to be some big mommas around. BAM I SPOTTED HER!SHE MUST HAVE BEEN 9 pounds!:EyePop: and i'm being modest she probably weighed 11.....she was as big as my thigh and i weigh 235. Anyways i threw a 7 or 8 inch pink worm with a grub tail right in front of her.....jerked it up and down and constantly bringing it in to get her to strike. Finally she did, but i had a big problem. I WAS FISHING ALONE! I would have done anything for one of those rapala extreme net men you see in the commercials! So i have her hooked and as i climb of the rock i was standing on she started to squirm. I reach for her mouth as i start to lift her mouth out of water....she got loose!:Crying:i try grabbing her body and she is gone just like that!TROPHY SIZE FISH! finally would have had my name in the paper but it is all good there is always next week!

LunkerLover
03-17-2009, 04:28 PM
ya....i thought senkos would work boy did i luck out. I have a very sad story for you guys. So i found a couple bedding bass...i threw this senko in his bed and bam strike. He was about 3 pounds. Kept fishing this spot beacuse i knew there had to be some big mommas around. BAM I SPOTTED HER!SHE MUST HAVE BEEN 9 pounds!:EyePop: and i'm being modest she probably weighed 11.....she was as big as my thigh and i weigh 235. Anyways i threw a 7 or 8 inch pink worm with a grub tail right in front of her.....jerked it up and down and constantly bringing it in to get her to strike. Finally she did, but i had a big problem. I WAS FISHING ALONE! I would have done anything for one of those rapala extreme net men you see in the commercials! So i have her hooked and as i climb of the rock i was standing on she started to squirm. I reach for her mouth as i start to lift her mouth out of water....she got loose!:Crying:i try grabbing her body and she is gone just like that!TROPHY SIZE FISH! finally would have had my name in the paper but it is all good there is always next week! dude - that just sux . :( . sorry brutha ... you'd have been flashin your pearly whites in WON for sure!!!

Eat Sleep Fish
03-17-2009, 07:38 PM
any holdovers from there lately?

(as in trout)

bleedinthedream
03-17-2009, 08:00 PM
any holdovers from there lately?

(as in trout)

no way man...not off shore unless it's cold

dodoman
03-17-2009, 08:13 PM
that suxs.
i know the feeling.

adambasser
03-17-2009, 08:38 PM
2 weeks ago i caught 6 trout all over 5lbs while I was fishing for bass. I caught more trout than bass that day. All on drop shot worms in 5-10' of water. Great story on the Huge LMB, hopefully i can get a story like that soon.