PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake 3-11-09

Troutman65
03-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I took my friend Wayne the Ironworker fishing today for his birthday. It was Monday. I went to pick him up at 7:30 Am and got to the lake by 8:45 AM. I was all set and ready to get my DD trout that I have been after all Season but it was not ment to be this day. It was still a fun day fishing and good company. Wayne got the Skunk . I bearly got 3 . Mits saw me get my 3 trout and after that it was over.

Now for the fun part of the fishing adventure. I was using a reel that I had put line on not to long ago.Same time as my other reels. Anyway, I got bit and I went to set the hook and nothing. I am like WTF ? I reel my line in and a clean break on my main line. I am thinking I must of had a monster on and broke it off. Well it happened again. I am thinking something is not right. And sure enough the line on that reel was bad. So I switched reels and was fine from that point on.

Moral of the story. If you coming out to get into the Masters CHANGE that old line before you loose that MONSTER trout. Just food for thought .

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone this Saturday !!!!

the fish taco
03-11-2009, 10:21 PM
glad you atleast got a few... fishing has been tough some days.... see you fruday patrick and rememeber....

i got my eyes on you!!!!! lol

troutdog
03-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Nice job on the fish Patrick, glad to hear Wayne is up and at these days too! Funny you mentioned about the new line...I just refilled 5 spools with the fresh stuff. Good words of advice....and as the fish taco said "see you fruday" :ROFL:

TD

the fish taco
03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
lol..... its hard typing the comments on my phone..... relax funny guy!!!!!

hakaveli
03-12-2009, 01:03 PM
U need to stop catching some trout and go after some big game salt water fish

pineapple express
03-12-2009, 10:48 PM
good job patrick....!!!
me & PE jr was looking for BIG bertha on sun too.
we seen her jumping & teasing us. one of these days
we'll get her. mahaloz for sharing.
PE

Mondo21
03-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Nice report Patrick. I'll be seeing you on Saturday. Cindy

Troutman65
03-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks for reading and the replys everyone.

May you land the trout of your dreams at Irvine Lake !!!!:Smile: