PDA

View Full Version : laguna lake lost my biggest fish ever!

lilmystery246
03-11-2009, 09:05 PM
i just came back 4rm laguna lake in fullerton.. i got 3 turtles, and 1 nice bluegill... i was waiting for my mom to pick me up and it was very dark already i had my shank in my pocket just in case. i wasent getting any bites at all any more. so i was using my phone when i here drag coming out of my mackeral rod. there was no where to put a rod holder so the rod was just leaning on my chair. so the chair falls in and i barly get the rod. i casted only 10 feet away from me and the fish was all the way in the middle of the lake already. i fought it for about 15 mins until it just turned and started coming my way. it swimmed so fast. it finally got real close to me and it started going to the sticks (bushes in the big lake)! so i tighten my drag so it whould go to the sticks. as hard as i tried to not let it get to the sticks it pulled me. it pulled me until it got to the sticks =[ so it was in the sticks already and i had 10 lb test. it was starting to come out of the weeds when the line just snaps =[ i got so pissed the i yelled FU** ! SO LOUD. after that i just didnt want to fish anymore =[ i sat on my chair until my mom came to pick me up... it was and easy over 20 lbs i suere it pulled so much drag i didnt believe what i saw... well now i know what my mission this year is.. its to catch whatever that fish was! if somebody gets a monster fish in laguna lake check if it has a hook in it and let me know please. i dont know why but i think that thats the biggest fish in the lake... i also met zombie bass attack there... he got a nice 1 1/2 -2lb bass.. i might post a pic later

studfisherman
03-11-2009, 09:41 PM
bummer...monster cat

2jackedLUNGS
03-11-2009, 09:46 PM
you eat turtles too? how did you catch them?

LIZARDKING1
03-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Have fresh line and decent drag system?Preset the drag?You'll learn sooner or later lil mist!
I made many of the same mistakes when I first got serious about fishing so go out there and tear it up.

lilmystery246
03-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Have fresh line and decent drag system?Preset the drag?You'll learn sooner or later lil mist!
I made many of the same mistakes when I first got serious about fishing so go out there and tear it up.

yup everything is good. i whould of got it if it didnt go in the sticks and if it wasent dark =[ plus i had no net =/

lilmystery246
03-11-2009, 10:15 PM

lol i got them on mackeral. i released them

lilmystery246
03-11-2009, 10:16 PM
bummer...monster cat

yea at first it pulled drag like a trout but then it swimed like a cat. but we will find out soon =]

shy_boxer
03-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I would say either a huge carp or cat~! Nice~!

Ifishtoolittle
03-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Well a failure today means improvement tommorrow.

lilmystery246
03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I would say either huge carp or cat~! Nice~!

yea it faught like both but i dont think theres any carp there

shy_boxer
03-11-2009, 10:53 PM
There's carp everywhere! You never saw ZBA's post on the huge goldfish he caught there. Hopefully you hooked a huge cat...but judging what you said I would say carp!! IMHO.

lilmystery246
03-11-2009, 10:56 PM
There's carp everywhere! You never saw ZBA's post on the huge goldfish he caught there. Hopefully you hooked a huge cat...but judging what you said I would say carp!! IMHO.

hmm goldfish is diffrent but come to think of it. it was pulling drag like carp

johnsfishing
03-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Id bet it was a nice 5+ pound catfish!
I took one last summer at 4lbs 14 oz on 4lb test and an Ultralight.
To bad you lost it, theres always next time! Good luck out there.

johnsfishing

lurk 182
03-12-2009, 12:57 PM
if it didn't jump is wasn't a bass so don't feel too bad. one more carp vote here. that's good advice on the drag, set it before you're first cast and don't touch it again, its almost impossible to make fine adjustments during a battle. you'll get a feel for how much you can tighten down the drag before you're starting to risk line breakage. with bass, i like it about 3/4 of the breaking strength because i do not want the fish to dive into cover. if your rod is not doubling over pretty good when you're fighting a fish, you need to tighten down the drag and maybe even upsize the line or downsize the rod until you get it right. keep the reports coming bud.

Granny Fish
03-12-2009, 02:26 PM
I think is was probably a carp based on your discription. Who cares, got you excited, right? Fishing should be fun, and sometimes the mystery of the one that got away is half of it. Hope you catch it next time.:Wink:

DarkShadow
03-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Bummer about the lost fish. It'll just serve as motivation to get back on the water and get the upper hand.

My vote is for a catfish. I've rarely seen a carp inhale something large like a chunk of mack, unless it snagged itself accidently, which is totally possible.

i was waiting for my mom to pick me up and it was very dark already i had my shank in my pocket just in case.

Awesome. :ROFL:

That Dang Guy
03-12-2009, 04:15 PM
LOL. Since you had your shank ready, you should have swam in and cut the sucker!

basscatcher
03-12-2009, 04:29 PM
another fish to see tomorrow but sorry about the lost of the carp or cat.

God Bless

basscatcher

Simplyeman
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM

I love turtle meat, it goes really well with bald eagle soup.

That Dang Guy
03-12-2009, 05:33 PM

But not as good as baby Black Seabass steaks!

Captain Boracho
03-12-2009, 05:39 PM
rumor is a drunk bastard from around here caught a 17 pound cat at irvine lake and released it in there last season......wonder who that guy was.good luck next time mystery

basscatcher
03-12-2009, 07:50 PM

But not as good as baby Black Seabass steaks!

not as good as garabaldi and spotted owl eggs for breakfeast.YUMMMMMMMM

God BLess

basscatcher

old pudd fisher
03-12-2009, 09:51 PM

Your nuts with that Bald Eagle soup,I love it with shaved snake tails, soory I had to say that.:Smile:

lilmystery246
03-12-2009, 10:24 PM
rumor is a drunk bastard from around here caught a 17 pound cat at irvine lake and released it in there last season......wonder who that guy was.good luck next time mystery

well i think it was a cat. it swam fast. carp dont swim that fast lol

Mister Twister
03-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Shank?:EyePop:You watch too much History channel.You crack me up.Pull that that shank and you might end up on the Shoe with the big homies

old pudd fisher
03-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Shank?:EyePop:You watch too much History channel.You crack me up.Pull that that shank and you might end up on the Shoe with the big homies

Or in a pine box

ghetto dad
03-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Man, this kid gets more replies than wingnut!!! :ROFL:

Way to slay the turtles homie...to bad about the fish....thanks man

GD

Mister Twister
03-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Or in a pine boxYes Sir, the more I think about the madder I get, cranking up the Gran Torino,heading to Laguna Lake to kick some butt.

basscatcher
03-13-2009, 12:39 PM
well i think it was a cat. it swam fast. carp dont swim that fast lol

carp swim fast it depends on the mood the fish is in.

God BLess

basscatcher

Simplyeman
03-17-2009, 03:57 PM
what if the fish is horny? do they swim faster when they are horny?

GET DA NET
03-17-2009, 04:05 PM

lmao........

Mrmedia
03-17-2009, 04:09 PM
it was a 1/2 pound blue gill that was on crack.

lol jking. No one will ever know.

nismotech91
03-17-2009, 10:08 PM
i was waiting for my mom to pick me up and it was very dark already i had my shank in my pocket just in case.

I just spit up my water all over my keyboard!!!! LMAO! Your a down lil vato fo sho!

Better watch out for all those sureno oaxacas out there ese....

What do you do with the turtles you catch?

WARRIORMIKE
03-17-2009, 10:13 PM

:EyePop::ROFL::ROFL: