PDA

View Full Version : Wohlford today

jrockn
03-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Went to Wholford this morning around 10a.m. I wanted to try a different spot today so I went a lil south of senor shore line towards the dam. I started out with iflated night crawlers and nothing, then power bait and nothing. Before i was walking out i decided to try kastmaster rainbow patern. I got hit the first cast! but missed it. After 2 more i got hit agian but the darn thing spit out the hook. GRRRRR! There was a lady next to me who set up next to me and cought one withing minutes. lol, wow she made me look bad. I took a pic of her fish. ANywho i got my first skunk at Wholford today, so I might give it another try tomorrow.

Jr

FISH_HUNTER
03-11-2009, 06:13 PM
At least you got to wet the line at such a nice place! I wish I could go to a such a nice lake all the time. I guess Wohlford is not on the top of many peoples list around here, judging by the lack of replys:Sad:

bdubs
03-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Went to Wholford this morning around 10a.m. I wanted to try a different spot today so I went a lil south of senor shore line towards the dam. I started out with iflated night crawlers and nothing, then power bait and nothing. Before i was walking out i decided to try kastmaster rainbow patern. I got hit the first cast! but missed it. After 2 more i got hit agian but the darn thing spit out the hook. GRRRRR! There was a lady next to me who set up next to me and cought one withing minutes. lol, wow she made me look bad. I took a pic of her fish. ANywho i got my first skunk at Wholford today, so I might give it another try tomorrow.

Jr

to bad on the skunk but its a great place to spend a morning....i live right by there-starting to like it more and more.....youll get em next time buddy
bdubs

boojoo
03-12-2009, 01:58 PM
You will get them next time JR!!! This has to be one of my favorite lakes. The scenery is priceless. I'm glad that I live back in Escondido so I can fish it at least twice a month. I'll be out there on Sunday morning fishing boat dock cove if anyone else is heading out. Take care guys.