PDA

View Full Version : Naci report 3/5 to 3/7

lakersmn
03-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Well first off the lake has not been this low in a LONG time. Most of the coves are no longer accessible. The lake is at 748 feet now (approx. 800 full), the past rain has risen the lake level but not nearly enough. Hopefully we will get some heavy rain to help fill the lake.

*I saw my good size boil in the mouth of Tablas...about 7 to 10 fish feeding on shad! Haven't really seen any large boils like the good old days, but this was nice to see!!!

The fishing for Spotted Bass/LG Mouth was very good on almost all points. Fished 7am to 11am and 4pm to dark flipping worms and grubs and caught approx. 20-30 or so Bass on each trip (keeping only enough for dinner). The great news is that these Spotted are getting bigger! They were full of shad, although these Shad were extremely small, about 1/2 inch.

The Whites are schooled up ready to spawn and has no real interest in feeding. At least the schools that I found over 3 days were not! Tried jigging, spooning, trolling and everything else, but they would not bite. Maybe the next big rain will drive them into a feeding frenzy, crossing my fingers.

The Crappie bite has not really started, by the end of this week or next week that bite should be wide open. Too bad there isn't a local tackle/bait store that sells Shad or Minnows like Scott's used too!

I'll be going back up next week and the 1st & 2nd week of April in search of Whites & Crappie! Let you know ASAP how it went.

Any word on the Whites spawning or a Crappie bite please let me know.

Good Fishing/Catching!

BassnRack
03-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Don't eat too many fish out of that lake! You might grow and unwanted arm or leg!!!

bretmoua
03-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Growing an extra arm or leg......hmmm...interesting....I thought people would glow after eating a certain amount of mercury LOL.

lakersmn
03-12-2009, 09:08 AM
You would have to eat those fish everyday for a longtime to get any kind of mercury poisoning. Anyways your right those fish with the lake level so low are extremely exposed.

bretmoua
03-21-2009, 08:39 AM
http://www.fishersnet.com/nacimien.html

Can anyone point out where the waterfall would be on this map?