PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird Fishin Buddy or Smartcast?

BishopTrouter
03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
I currently have a Nevada Gold float tube and im just thinking about what i can do to deck it out.... Between these two which would be better? Are they even that helpful? ( Ill be fishing mainly sierra lakes)

I tried out a smartcast once and found it to be horrible at detecting fish b/c i'd be pulling up fish from right under the sensor despite the blank display screen :/ other than that it seemed alright at depth detection/water temp but can i expect more out of a Fishin' buddy?

calico killer kevin
03-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Get a PiranhaMax. Much better value.

troutslayer05
03-10-2009, 11:18 PM
I have a fishin buddy and it works ok for the tube. I can see fish and the depth there at...the only problem is catchin um latley lol. But seriously the only prob with mine besides being like six years old is it has a very limited range only can see whats directly under me very small radius. But like i said works good for my tube. Anyone have any good advice on how to mount Finders on tubes?

Socal Bassman
03-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I have a fishin buddy and it works ok for the tube. I can see fish and the depth there at...the only problem is catchin um latley lol. But seriously the only prob with mine besides being like six years old is it has a very limited range only can see whats directly under me very small radius. But like i said works good for my tube. Anyone have any good advice on how to mount Finders on tubes?

I made a rod holder/fish finder mount for my FC4 out of PVC. Also used a Ram mount so I can adjust the fish finder unit to any angle instead of just in a fixed position on the PVC.