PDA

View Full Version : carona lake catfish this weekend!

lilmystery246
03-10-2009, 05:07 PM
im thinking of going for the night event. i got some good spots i like. but im wondering if there going to stock catfish or not? im also taking some macks =] well thanks guys

lilmystery246
03-10-2009, 09:50 PM
??????????

NoHo ART
03-10-2009, 10:26 PM
i don;t think they stockem this time of the year

gavin310
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Yeah I think we still got a little bit before they start stocking cats. Doesn't mean you can't still catch them though. It's a bit of a drive, but Hesperia Lake stocks cats year round.

JHDucky
03-11-2009, 04:32 AM
Their web site says they are haveing a 24 hour catfish special this weekend. I heard a person that works there they are stocking big Blue and Channel cats for it.
Good luck

fishndrinknsmokin
03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Sorry Ducky, but overnight and the catfish plant are not until NEXT weekend. This week is still all trout with no overnight on the weekend. I'd hate to see you go out there and have your plans get scrambled. Good luck if you do go tho!

gavin310
03-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Just saw that! Thanks for the tip

jerichoWA
03-11-2009, 10:36 AM
This is what i read on the SARL website:
Two other events during this same time period will help cement the reputation of Santa Ana River Lakes and Corona Lake as the region’s premier fisheries. The first event is an earlier-than-normal catfish event set for the weekend of March 13-15, when broodstock blues and channel cats will be planted, and there will be 24-hour fishing the Friday and Saturday nights of that weekend. The second event is Angler Appreciation Day, a special two-for-one event sponsored by Eagle Claw on Saturday, April 18. With each purchase of a full-price lake admission, your wife or fishing buddy gets in free. Or maybe you can get your fishing buddy to buy.

fishndrinknsmokin
03-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Hey my bad........the flyer has both weekends listed for catfish and overnight.......I only read the top dates at first because it's only once a month this time of the year. Sorry for the confusion.

crappie stalker
03-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Good luck on the kitties.. There is still a good population of them in there.. Might have to be a little patient because of the colder weather but I am sure you can get them to bite..
If they are stocking them for the weekend then I am sure the blue will be on the prowl.. Throw out some big chunks of that mack and hold on...LOL

CS