PDA

View Full Version : SARL Main Lake Monday March 9

Koshaw
03-10-2009, 05:42 AM
Got up at 2am and had a bite and got ready. Packed the car by 3am and headed out.

Took the freeways avoiding the 5 because of the stupid detours. I arrived at the lake by 345am. I was the 6th car there or so behind my buddy Art and his bud Joe who just got a new (to him) 335hp Deisel truck (very kewl btw).

We decided to run out to the bubble hole and fish from shore to the right of it near pipe #1, farthest from levitz (or what used to be levitz).

Got in and set up. The temp was cool about low 50's and the sky was overcast with few stars poking through...the wind was very calm and the water glassy and a bit murky.

I decided to go with short leaders 6"-8" and put on Salmon Gulp and a worm. Both which got hit =). I put them out again and got one more on the gulp (green or salmon I forget).

So after getting 3 by 8am it went slowly. Changed up baits etc, leader lengths, depth, distance out etc...I did have some hits.

Walked around a bit because it was so slow. I noticed one guy with 6+ poles and he got like 7+ fish and left for another area.

Art managed to get one and then a few nibbles and nothing else. I did get one tailwalker by 8.

The day continued cool and windy, and was overcast for most of the day. I actually broke out my heater packs (just shake em up and they get up tp 120F).

Finally, as I was packing up and getting ready to pull up stakes, I was near my car and I see my bobber descend... I thought...maybe wind..

Then it rapidly went up and stayed there. I ran down the short hill and got to the pole and set the hook. Fish on :D

This one was a bit bigger than the first tail walker and fought well. It was about 3.5+lbs the other about 3.25 or so.

So in the end I got 2 tail walkers, 3.25lbs and 3.5lbs and two rainbows about 2lbs ea.

I wanted my limit, but since this is double what I got last Monday, and also got 2 tailwakers (for the first time) I am not complaining!

Will have pics later.

Chuck

fishndrinknsmokin
03-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Good job and nice report Chuck! Glad you beat the :Skunk: and got a stringer of fish. Too bad about the idiot with 7 poles.......and I bet he was fishing to your right on the Sandy Beach. I've seen that jerk off a couple of times and he always seems to have his 7+ poles out whether there are people around him or not. Glad you had a good day at SARL as mine was not as productive at the Vine!

Peace out...FDS

Koshaw
03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks =)

There are always peeps like that :(

But its all good. Some people are really nice and help out and such.

troutdog
03-10-2009, 12:30 PM
NICE job out there Koshaw!

TD

Koshaw
03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks TD =)

Trout Nine
03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
nice job Koshaw, You'll get that limit next time
WTG on your 2 tailwalkers (for the first time)!

Hitts0n
03-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Picsssssss? :Sad:

Mondo21
03-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Nice going my Friend. One day I'll go after the Tailwalkers w/you. Cindy:Smile:

BingJr
03-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Koshaw you are a trout slaying machine. Way to gettem to go at the SARL.

MAN VS WILD
03-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Nice job out there ! Did you bust out that 12ft pole of your and cast from 3 pipes to levits corner lol. That pole is bad ***!