PDA

View Full Version : What waders work for tubing?

Slims
03-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I am buying a pontoon boat this week, and I have been searching basspro.com looking for the right waders. These look like they work, and are inexpensive:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_44596____SearchResults

Would they work?

I am never sure if I need neoprene for float tubing, or just any waders. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Skyler
03-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I have those same waders. Have had 'em for about two years and have used them for float tubing, kayaking, surf fishing, and creek fishing. They will work just fine. Make sure to sit down in 'em when you try 'em on if you plan on tubing in 'em. A good fit while standing does not equal a good fit while sitting with nylon waders. One downside to these type of waders is that once it gets cold in the winter, you'll have to wear thermals under your pants, as they don't offer much in the way of insulation. But they are lightweight, and mine haven't leaked yet.

Slims
03-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks skyler

Socal Bassman
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
I bought those waders two years ago and it's still going strong. For the price I got it for, it can't be beat. Like Skyler said, wear thermals or sweatpants under them and you'll be set.