PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki DT150 Maintenance

craznazn
03-09-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm in Cerritos and looking for someone to do maintenance on my older model Suzuki DT150 (serial number 1500160142). Someone who is good and affordable (I know, too high of expectation). I took it Audiss Marine, in Costa Mesa, a few years back.

I was wondering if there was anyone closer, or should I go back to Audiss marine...

Thanks!

newster
03-10-2009, 08:32 AM
I am a hobbyist but I am pretty familiar with Suzuki 2 strokes and maintenance such as lubricating and changing the impeller. I even have a Clymer manual for Suzuki outboards. My experience is limited thus far maintaining a DT8C and I am currently working on a DT40 I bought. I have a lot of Suzuki genuine products such as fogging fluid and grease. Since I am an amateur and only do this as a hobby, I would only charge a flat fee of $20 (I have a ton of free time) and you buy your own parts. People will say you get what you pay for, but there are people in the world who don't care about money that much. I have a college degree from UCI and I have never charged more than $15 an hour to tutor people's kids (going rate is $35+ an hour) and I even am a certified substitute teacher in the state of california. I am not trying to build a forbes 500 business or anything, I already have the best job in the world. I am just doing this for fun and to learn more and to help people out. PM me if you are interested.