PDA

View Full Version : Angels News

DarkShadow
03-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Since BadFish(2) Gammons is no longer here to bless us with day to day Angels news and highlights (unless they were in the playoffs getting swept), I'll bring you up to speed with the happenings of the Halos.

• The effeminite fireballer Ervin Santana that the Angels just signed for $30 million? He has a tired arm apparently.

LOS ANGELES -- Angels All-Star right-hander Ervin Santana will open the season on the disabled list with an elbow injury.

An MRI scan traced discomfort in his pitching elbow to a sprained medial collateral ligament, the team said.

• A Dominican being older than what he told his agent? Say it ain't so!

LOS ANGELES -- Angels’ slugger Vladimir Guerrero recently underwent a mysterious transformation. In a span of 12 months, he’s managed to age two years, though there are no physical signs of change. Guerrero revealed he's actually a year older than previously thought, Yahoo! Sports reports. He's actually 34 years old and born in 1975.

That might explains the Frankenstein-esque running style Vlad has developed over the past 5 years.

• Mark Teixeira?

Yeah, that wasn't a bad dream, you didn't re-sign him. You, uh, rented him, in essence. :Wink:

So, since the Angels have been buried on Page 12 of the Sports section lately, I'd thought I'd 'bump' them up to the top.

Tootles.

wellbilldancesays
03-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Aw classic the Dodgers sign their Messiah in dreads and already the trash talk to the promise land starts.

As far as the Santana thing the Angels can afford to have one of their top pitchers injured without the season becoming a loss. Could the Dodgers? No.

I'm actually suprised Vlad is only one year older.

And when is a player no longer a rental? When he plays a fifth of a season and then resigns after no one else was willing to sign him or his troubles, except for a desparate team that has done anything in the last 20 years.
What happens when the Messiah turns into the Anti-Christ when the going gets tough and opts out of his second year? Is he a rental then?

No doubt the Dodgers will be on the front page of the sports section this season but we'll have towait and see what the reason is.

DarkShadow
03-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Aw classic the Dodgers sign their Messiah in dreads and already the trash talk to the promise land starts.

Aww cmon WBDS, the trash talking started looong before the Man Ram pick up. Of course, you'll have people that jump on the band wagon now, but that's something they have to live with.

As far as the Santana thing the Angels can afford to have one of their top pitchers injured without the season becoming a loss. Could the Dodgers? No.

See, that's the sheer beauty of our pitching staff this year. Since we don't have ANYBODY, we can afford to lose someone and our pitching staff still will still suck. "Aim low, and you'll never be disappointed." That's our motto for our pitching staff this year.

Oh, and courtesy from the LA Times:

Reporting from Phoenix -- Coming on the heels of Ervin Santana's elbow injury, it has to be somewhat discouraging for the Angels to hear that pitcher Joe Saunders is feeling some residual effects from the shoulder tightness that slowed him earlier this spring.

Must be something in the water over there in Phoenix.

I'm actually suprised Vlad is only one year older.

Yeah, the guy looks like a Dominican Sanford from Sanford & Son. I thought I saw him driving a red pick up truck the other day to pick up his pension. Guy can still mash though. Just as long as he doesn't have to run anywhere.

And when is a player no longer a rental? When he plays a fifth of a season and then resigns after no one else was willing to sign him or his troubles, except for a desparate team that has done anything in the last 20 years.

Hey, I thought the same thing, but apparently the "rental" issue is big enough for some other fans on this board to use as cannon fodder. I'm all for rentals, I mean, isn't that what a GM's job is to do? To get players to make their team better, regardless if they can secure them for a long term deal and make them a 'franchise' player? I never understood why some individuals were so adverse to someone being a rental, unless they're reaching for straws in an argument.

The reason the Teixiera situation is hilarious is because

1. He really was the definition of a 'rental,' because technically, by definition, once you give a player a contract, even for 1 year, they are no longer a rental. When you get someone for 2 months....

2. They got rid of Casey Kotchman thinking the Teixiera contract was theirs. So now they have neither.

What happens when the Messiah turns into the Anti-Christ when the going gets tough and opts out of his second year? Is he a rental then?

No, considering the definition of a 'rental' above. But, regardless, during his stint, he single handedly propelled a team that according to pundits and experts alike, would never advance to the playoffs, to a NLDS Championship and an NLCS berth, and it was mighty fun ride while it lasted. As I said before, I'm not adverse to 'rentals.' No idea why others do. I mean, Kirk Gibson was with us a 'short' period, and 1 of those years was quite special to say the least. David Cone was a rental that won various rings. Rentals are only a bad investment if you give up a lot of talent in the long run.

No doubt the Dodgers will be on the front page of the sports section this season but we'll have towait and see what the reason is.

I doubt Manny will go Operation Shutdown in L.A. Mainly, because he's only here for a while...he can't develop the animosity with the fans as he did with Boston, because, well, fans in LA are not like di¢k Red Sox fans. Injury? Sure, could happen, but that's part of the game.

As long as the headlines have pictures like this accompanying them:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6821/dodgers83131405jpg.jpg

I'll be a'ok.

:Wink:

wellbilldancesays
03-10-2009, 11:45 AM
DS just be careful how much trash you talk or you might just do to the Dogers what BF2 did to the Angels! lol!

"Renting" players is part of the game and nothing wrong with it. Angels took a gamble on Texiera and lost. Sucks.

I dont think the Manny deal for the Dodgers is anywhere the same kind of situation though. But if you think he's going to put up the same kind of numbers all season that he did at the last season, well you must really believe in the messiah theory then.

And yes Boston fans suck!

Scoring Machine
03-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Manny's stats last year...

.332, 36 doubles, 37 RBI, 102 runs, 121 RBI in 153 games

Putting up similar stats this coming year isn't THAT far out of the question, but I'd bet on closer to .300 than .330

I don't THINK that DS thinks Manny is going to hit .396 with 55 HR and 159 RBI (or whatever his Doyer stats pro rate out to for a full season), nor does Manny need to put up those kind of numbers for the contract to be worthwhile.

troutdog
03-10-2009, 12:28 PM
DS is the new halo correspondent:Confused:...someone get the man a rally monkey for an avatar!

I love the Angel thread with all the Dodger/Manny talk...

TD

City Dad
03-10-2009, 12:57 PM
DS is the new halo correspondent:Confused:...someone get the man a rally monkey for an avatar!

I love the Angel thread with all the Dodger/Manny talk...

TD

If the Angels were a state they'd be Delaware... You know, it's basically ho-hum... some stuff happened there a looooong time ago... but mostly, you just kinda wish you were someplace - anyplace - else ;)

wellbilldancesays
03-10-2009, 01:09 PM
If the Angels were a state they'd be Delaware... You know, it's basically ho-hum... some stuff happened there a looooong time ago... but mostly, you just kinda wish you were someplace - anyplace - else ;)

Actually that sounds more like the Dodgers.

DarkShadow
03-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Actually that sounds more like the Dodgers.

Naw, cuz then they'd be the Anaheim Dodgers of Los Angeles.

I guess even Artie saw the marketing potential of adding "LA" to his team name. It's almost flattering, really.

Scoring Machine
03-10-2009, 02:32 PM

And a Coor's light, lifted suspension for his truck, a barbed wire tattoo around his bicep, and a TAPOUT shirt.

City Dad
03-10-2009, 03:53 PM
And a Coor's light, lifted suspension for his truck, a barbed wire tattoo around his bicep, and a TAPOUT shirt.

...that's a very offensive stereo type there, SM... for your information not all armband tatoos are barbed wire, some are tribal... and not everyone wears a TAPOUT shirt - some sport their "TAPOUT" as a decal on their rear window and wear no shirt at all...

ThemBastards
03-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I thought my Rally Monkey senses started tingling.

troutdog
03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I thought my Rally Monkey senses started tingling.

"make noise and they will come"
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/monkeyrally.gif

TD

brando123
03-11-2009, 06:30 PM
AHHHH what a great time to get home from Iraq almost time for opening day!!!. Was watching MLB network today... looks like fuentes is having some back problems........ SUCKS for you guys.

DarkShadow
03-11-2009, 06:56 PM

I prefer Affliction. TapouT is soooo 2008.

AHHHH what a great time to get home from Iraq almost time for opening day!!!. Was watching MLB network today... looks like fuentes is having some back problems........ SUCKS for you guys.

Brando123,

First off, congratulations on your safe return.

Secondly, hmmmmm.

1. I didn't even know the Angels HAD Brian Fuentes

2. I didn't even know they were gonna trod him out to be their closer.

I feel like I'm slipping and not covering Angel news efficiently enough. Apologies.

Scoring Machine
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
The Los Angeles Times' Mike DiGiovanna reports Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim starting pitcher Ervin Santana (elbow) was diagnosed with a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right elbow and will begin the season on the disabled list. He has been shut down from throwing indefinitely; no timetable has been set for his return.

This is the second in a 3-5 story series that occasionally results in the pitcher getting ligament replacement surgery. And if nothing else, he is continueing the pattern of putting up good numbers every other year. Maybe his arm just isn't able to throw 200+ innings a year.

What does that leave? Lackey, Saunders and The Dream Weaver?

Lackey is solid, there's not much doubt about that, I'm not sure that he's a dominant #1, but he's definitely a front end of the rotation guy.

Saunders had a very solid season last year. It'll be interesting to see if he builds upon that or slides back to his previous form that includes an ERA closer to 4.5 than 3.5, he also threw about 200 innings last year which is double what he did either of the previous two seasons in the big leagues. Some arms handle that well, while others like Santana do not.

The Dream Weaver... he REALLY needs to reverse his current trend which has seen his stats get worse each of the three seasons he has been in the majors. What is more realistic is throwing out his initial 2 months (or however long it was) stint with the Angels and look at the last two seasons. Those two seasons show a pitcher whose record is a little over .500 with an ERA a little over 4.

Other than that what is out there? Kids? The Corpse of Escobar?

I guess it really doesn't matter since it will take about 90 wins to win the AL West unless Oakland's young pitching is better than advertised.

DarkShadow
03-25-2009, 04:03 PM
What does that leave? Lackey, Saunders and The Dream Weaver?

Lackey is solid, there's not much doubt about that, I'm not sure that he's a dominant #1, but he's definitely a front end of the rotation guy.

Angels' John Lackey may not be ready for opening-day start

source: Los Angeles Times

Reporting from Tempe, Ariz. -- Angels ace John Lackey has been shut down because of elbow tightness, an injury that knocked the right-hander out of Friday's exhibition start and could jeopardize his scheduled opening-day start against Oakland on April 6.

Damn elbows.

TShaffer
03-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Seems like everytime I turn on the TV someone else is injured. I think its just spring training hype.

DarkShadow
04-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Been kinda quiet around here, so I'll post this gem I found:

The first two weeks of this season have certainly been ones to forget, particularly for Shields and the rest of the Angels' bullpen. Through the first 12 games, they have the highest ERA of any relief crew in the majors (8.31), the highest WHIP (1.93) in the AL (second-highest in the majors), have allowed the second-most runs (38 including six unearned) and the highest batting average in the American League (.310). Five of the Angels' first eight losses have been charged to relievers, tied with the Washington Nationals for the most in the majors.

Plenty of baseball left, though.

troutdog
05-01-2009, 07:41 PM
So was it the Dodger bullpen or halo's that everyone was so concerned about in Spring training?

Tonight in NY was a joke for Anaheim(yup I said it...Anaheim! :Wink:)

TD

brando123
05-02-2009, 01:24 AM
I prefer Affliction. TapouT is soooo 2008.

Brando123,

First off, congratulations on your safe return.

Secondly, hmmmmm.

1. I didn't even know the Angels HAD Brian Fuentes

2. I didn't even know they were gonna trod him out to be their closer.

I feel like I'm slipping and not covering Angel news efficiently enough. Apologies.

HAHA well thank you bro. Man its been awhile since i have been on here. But thanks and yes the angel bullpen FAILS!

DarkShadow
05-18-2009, 10:08 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Tumbleweed.gif

wellbilldancesays
05-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Haha classic DS.

I'm just trying to not jinx them. :-(

troutdog
05-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Haha classic DS.

I'm just trying to not jinx them. :-(

With all that has happened thus far, I think someone else has already done that.

Perhaps an exorcism performed on the Rally Monkey will change their misfortunes?

TD

The Angler
05-18-2009, 03:15 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Tumbleweed.gif

:ROFL:

where do u find this stuff?

wellbilldancesays
05-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Looks like the Angels are starting to put the pieces back together, after we just won the freeway series against the "best team in baseball" at their home.

troutdog
05-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Looks like the Angels are starting to put the pieces back together, after we just won the freeway series against the "best team in baseball" at their home.

Hopefully one of your peices doesn't have a major crack in it now...Torii Hunter smacking into the fence and catching that ball was nothing short of amazing though.

Best record still = "best team in baseball" :Wink:

TD

DarkShadow
05-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Congrats on the Halos taking 2 from 3 at Dodger Stadium.

I was out of town for 4 days, but was the the first game actually lost by our bullpen, again?

troutdog
05-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Anyone see who kicked the FG yesterday for the halos? :LOL:

TD

DarkShadow
05-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Anyone see who kicked the FG yesterday for the halos? :LOL:

TD

I heard during the pillaging of Santana that the White Sox were the worst offensive team in the majors. I think the announcers jinxed the Halos.

wellbilldancesays
05-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Yes I was not a happy customer flipping between the Angel and Laker game.

It went something like this......

"What the hell are these refs problem?"

" Oh man he's not looking too good"

" You have to jump for a rebound!! OMG get it together!!"

" Really that many already?"

" WTH!! Is wrong with this team and league!!"

" WHAT! Is this for real. I thought it was a good thing these guys were coming back"

"These guys are a frigging joke!"

Except it had alot more cuss words in the their with screaming at the TV.

ThemBastards
05-26-2009, 08:06 PM
I heard during the pillaging of Santana that the White Sox were the worst offensive team in the majors. I think the announcers jinxed the Halos.

Goes to show you how sad the Dodgers really are. Just the night before this horrible Angel team took the series from the mighty Dodgers in their home.

DarkShadow
06-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Apparently, Scioscia's not too happy:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/angels/la-sp-angels-rays12-2009jun12,0,4639403.story?track=rss

"That's a bad game," a grim-faced Scioscia said after watching his team get blitzed, 11-1, by the Tampa Bay Rays. "We need to get better. We need to play with consistency. And if it's the guys in that [clubhouse] that aren't going to do it, then we're going to have to look at some changes."

Look out Howie Kendrick!

Although I dunno why Mike is so worried. The AL West has 1 team over .500. I really don't expect Texas or Seattle to put up much of a fight.

In other news:

• Escobar's $10,000,000 arm is now officially in the bullpen. Since he already wears goggles, he can take over Scott Shield's job.

• The Effeminate Ervin "Not Johan" Santana is getting lit up like a Xmas tree lately.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7420/ervin.jpg

• Hunter's DTD as far as his injury is concerned.

• Vlad's suffering "chest pains." Someone get that guy some Lipitor.

troutdog
06-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Goes to show you how sad the Dodgers really are. Just the night before this horrible Angel team took the series from the mighty Dodgers in their home.

I feel just awful about losing 2 outta of 3 to the Halos at home....having the best record and hovering around 20 games over .500 in mid June just really doesn't mean much to me anymore :Rolls Eyes: :ROFL:

Hows the baby Ryan? You fish Elsi anymore or just changing diapers these days? :Wink:

TD

wellbilldancesays
06-12-2009, 12:12 PM
It might turn out a whole lot better, than last year.

I can see it now we'll squeak thru, become a wild card , finally get out of the first round off the playoffs and make it to the series against the dodgers and finally have a freeway series.

We will then beat the dodgers (since we seem to have their number no matter how either team is playing) in the series, winning the final game in Chavez Ravine and the dodgers stadium will be over run with red as thousands of crazed angels fans take over.

It could happen!

troutdog
06-12-2009, 12:20 PM
It might turn out a whole lot better, than last year.

I can see it now we'll squeak thru, become a wild card , finally get out of the first round off the playoffs and make it to the series against the dodgers and finally have a freeway series.

We will then beat the dodgers (since we seem to have their number no matter how either team is playing) in the series, winning the final game in Chavez Ravine and the dodgers stadium will be over run with red as thousands of crazed angels fans take over.

It could happen!

Yeah and they said that the day we had an African American as president that pigs would fly, well the swine flu :Idea: (ba-da-dah!) :LOL: I'll be here all week folks....

TD

troutdog
06-27-2009, 12:35 AM
What the heck is in the nachos at Anaheim stadium?
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4285702

I'm sorry but the activity on this thread just goes to show what a bunch of bandwagon fans the halos have...

TD

DarkShadow
06-28-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm sorry but the activity on this thread just goes to show what a bunch of bandwagon fans the halos have...

TD

Is it because it isn't 2002?

Don't worry, as soon as the Angels win the West and playoffs time comes, the rally monkeys will come out of the woodwork.

In the interim, we'll have to deal with their postings in the Dodger thread.

wellbilldancesays
06-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Well Angels have clawed their way back into first and dominated the NL.

SoCalGuy7
06-30-2009, 08:36 PM
When ESPN was interviewing Rory Markis or one of the Angel announcers, they asked how they went from four games back to two games ahead in the division...

He said" Well, we did just play the NL west"

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

troutdog
07-01-2009, 12:38 AM
When ESPN was interviewing Rory Markis or one of the Angel announcers, they asked how they went from four games back to two games ahead in the division...

He said" Well, we did just play the NL west"

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I'm just wondering when the last time Rory "Einstein" Markis looked at the juggarnauts that currently make up the AL West :Rolls Eyes: :Wink:

TD

SoCalGuy7
07-01-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm just wondering when the last time Rory "Einstein" Markis looked at the juggarnauts that currently make up the AL West :Rolls Eyes: :Wink:

TD
Only 4 AL teams had a losing record in interleague.....:ROFL:

The sliding "best record":Rolls Eyes: team was only 9-9

Sox 11-6
Angels 14-4

Doesn't the AL win the inter-league battle almost EVERY year?

(...............) < insert excuse here TD.......:ROFL:

troutdog
07-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Only 4 AL teams had a losing record in interleague.....:ROFL:

The sliding "best record":Rolls Eyes: team was only 9-9

Sox 11-6
Angels 14-4

Doesn't the AL win the inter-league battle almost EVERY year?

(...............) < insert excuse here TD.......:ROFL:

I'm really not sure what point you are trying make here, I assume you are trying to say the AL is better than the NL? If you base it on interleague play and recent all-star game results I would probably agree. If you were to base it on the last 8 world series that were spilt 4 titles each prior to the Yankees dominant run, than I'm not so sure about that. Either way I'm sure you're right, aren't you always? :LOL:

Being the fan of a team 1 game above .500 I give you credit for having the nads to call out a team 20 games over btw. You are rock solid dude! :Wink:

TD

DarkShadow
07-01-2009, 09:03 PM
I just love how the Dodgers still manage to get injected even in the Angels thread. Feels good being "the" baseball team in Southern California.

SoCalGuy7
07-02-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm really not sure what point you are trying make here, I assume you are trying to say the AL is better than the NL? If you base it on interleague play and recent all-star game results I would probably agree. If you were to base it on the last 8 world series that were spilt 4 titles each prior to the Yankees dominant run, than I'm not so sure about that. Either way I'm sure you're right, aren't you always? :LOL:

Being the fan of a team 1 game above .500 I give you credit for having the nads to call out a team 20 games over btw. You are rock solid dude! :Wink:

TD

T "always shooting the messenger" D

I originally was just repeating a funny thing I saw on TV....

This 20 game over .500 team was ONLY .500 in interleague and they didn't even play any really great teams....

This fan's team kicked your "great" :Rolls Eyes: team's ARSE....!!!!! (again) swept them in 05', remember?

NADS rule! :ROFL:

troutdog
07-02-2009, 11:58 AM
T "always shooting the messenger" D

I originally was just repeating a funny thing I saw on TV....

This 20 game over .500 team was ONLY .500 in interleague and they didn't even play any really great teams....

This fan's team kicked your "great" :Rolls Eyes: team's ARSE....!!!!! (again) swept them in 05', remember?

NADS rule! :ROFL:

Shooting the messenger? You are getting soft on me bro, the ladies rubbin off you or what?!

C'mon Bri "kicked your arse"? 2 of 3 and one of those games was extra innings? That is not exactly considered domination, I guess if the Dodgers were 2 games over I might say that...I GUESS :Rolls Eyes: :LOL:

Yeah the .500 interleague was not exactly a head tunring performance, but the bottom line is the Dodgers are beating the teams they need to...although I know you love to pull the "they haven't beaten anybody" card until it becomes a mute issue...all good nothing wrong with playing "hater".

TD

troutdog
07-14-2009, 02:31 PM
halos finish sitting in 1st at the break, Dodgers the same with the best record STILL (most of which with at Manny)

Hopefully Vlad and Hunter are not out too long....loved every moment of the sweep over the tankees this past weekend!

TD

ThemBastards
07-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Ah yes the two first place teams. I am going to the Dodger game on Thursday, gonna bring my over sized syringe(and bullet proof vest) Haha

troutdog
07-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Ah yes the two first place teams. I am going to the Dodger game on Thursday, gonna bring my over sized syringe(and bullet proof vest) Haha

With the opening stabbing in the parking lot on opening day and most recently this....
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4285702

Dodger stadium should be a "walk in the park" :Wink:

Have a good time Ryan,

TD

wellbilldancesays
07-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Well with all the struggles the Angels have had this year and with Hunter and Guerrero out off the line up the Angels have managed to be one of three teams with a .600 or better record.

"we got 'em right where we want them"

troutdog
07-31-2009, 02:35 PM
With all the pitching staff injuries and now Hunter and Vlady on the shelf I am VERY impressed with the way the halos have faired to date....hats off to the angels. Halo fans have lots to be excited about, good luck the rest of the way!

P.S Kendry Morales is a stud out there!

TD

wellbilldancesays
08-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Congrats to Vlad on his 400th HR and the win!!

rusty6
08-12-2009, 11:48 AM
WOOOOOOOOO Trevor Bell is starting the game against the rays today!!!!! I went to highschool with this kid, he was the angels first round pick in 2005, straight out of Crescenta Valley High School!

EDBSIP
08-13-2009, 12:54 AM
the Angels win 10-5 earlier today and sweep the series with the Rays!

Angels have a day off on Thursday before starting a series with the O's on Friday.

also read that Kelvim is likely out for the rest of the season.

troutdog
08-13-2009, 01:10 AM
the Angels win 10-5 earlier today and sweep the series with the Rays!

Angels have a day off on Thursday before starting a series with the O's on Friday.

also read that Kelvim is likely out for the rest of the season.

Dayum dude where you been hiding? :Shocked: You back to stay or was this just a quick hello before heading back out on the road again? :Wink: Hope you have been doing well in 09.

TD

wellbilldancesays
08-17-2009, 12:35 PM
What a way to blow apart a tie in the 13th!!

Go Angels!!

wellbilldancesays
08-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Vlad is finding his rythm again!!

troutdog
08-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Vlad is finding his rythm again!!

Vlad is en fuego right now!

TD

rusty6
08-19-2009, 12:59 AM
congrats on you first win trevor bell

wellbilldancesays
09-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Not wanting to Badfish the Angels but having to keep the Angels thread from hitting the second page.

How about Lackey with the shut out and the sweep of the Mariners!!

how did those boys in blue fair tonight?

Hometown
09-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Not wanting to Badfish the Angels but having to keep the Angels thread from hitting the second page.

Got a day off bring on the hated ones :HT:

wellbilldancesays
09-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Got a day off bring on the hated ones :HT:

well thats one way to keep from losing another one.

troutdog
09-10-2009, 11:46 PM

You are just beggin for bad karma aren't you :Twisted:

TD

wellbilldancesays
09-11-2009, 06:58 AM
You are just beggin for bad karma aren't you :Twisted:

TD

I know. I know. I'm sure the baseball gods just love to smack that kind of stuff around.

wellbilldancesays
09-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Well looks like the Angels are getting into post-season mode. :Explode:

troutdog
09-17-2009, 08:49 AM
I know. I know. I'm sure the baseball gods just love to smack that kind of stuff around.

You were right....

Ready to make ammends and ask for forgiveness yet? :Wink:

TD

wellbilldancesays
09-17-2009, 09:45 AM
you were right....

Ready to make ammends and ask for forgiveness yet? :wink:

Td

never!!!!!

DarkShadow
09-17-2009, 01:24 PM
While I'm not the one to go blaming umpires when teams lose, its safe to say the angels got robbed at fenway last night.

Brian fuentes was absolutely correct in what he said about the umpire not wanting to make the right call because of the pressures of making a call against the beloved red sox in fenway.

troutdog
09-17-2009, 03:18 PM
While I'm not the one to go blaming umpires when teams lose, its safe to say the angels got robbed at fenway last night.

Brian fuentes was absolutely correct in what he said about the umpire not wanting to make the right call because of the pressures of making a call against the beloved red sox in fenway.

This argument is sounding very familiar could it be the umpires were the same guys working the raider game Monday night :Idea: :LOL:

TD

DarkShadow
10-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey, did you hear the Angels are in the playoffs?!?!?

:Wink:

And i think they won Game 1 against "Red Sox Nation," but I guess nobody heard with all the activity on this thread.

rusty6
10-08-2009, 10:05 PM
tooo busy celebrating to bother posting about it

wellbilldancesays
10-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Pretty stoked but I'm trying to fly under the radar of the baseball gods, so we don't get b!tch slapped again.

wellbilldancesays
10-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Oh man I just loved the look of Beckett's face last night after he gave it up!

Now they better take care of biz, if they were to somehow lose this series, I just dont think I could take it.

rusty6
10-10-2009, 11:15 AM
i gots my broom ready!!!! (knock on wood)

ThemBastards
10-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Ah yes.........

wellbilldancesays
10-11-2009, 01:24 PM
YES!!!!!

Thanks for giving it up Pimplebuns!

Anyone see that idiot boston fan holding up that sign in like the 7th and 8th saying "See you on Monday TBS" . The baseball gods did not appreciate that and had to drop the hammer on boston!

WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!

Sue
10-11-2009, 04:50 PM
I woke up just in time to see the play from the bottom of the 8th, AWESOME!!!

DarkShadow
10-11-2009, 07:36 PM
ESPN will not be too happy about this sweep.

Who else will they have now to harp about? The Sportscenter/Baseball Tonight crew is on suicide watch.

Even in a sweep, ESPN manages to include the Roid Sux the front cover:

http://i38.tinypic.com/14d0zkp.jpg

:Rolls Eyes:

Take care of the Yankees, Halos.

DarkShadow
10-16-2009, 06:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2002/1021/photo/a_kobe_hg.jpg

Kobe wishes the Angels a good game 1.

Oz
10-16-2009, 08:28 PM
he musta drove all the way down to anaheim quick cuz he was the dodgers game too...angels got served sabathia style tonight :Cool:

DarkShadow
10-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Game 2 in the Bronx is INTENSE.

I love watching great pitching duels like this.

The Angler
10-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Awsome Game guys, Definitly a Classic:Twisted:

rusty6
10-19-2009, 05:42 PM
thank you dear lord for that win...i was about to lose all hope after the 10th inning

The Angler
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
thank you dear lord for that win...i was about to lose all hope after the 10th inning

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Ah man that made me crack up.

socalfish
10-20-2009, 08:52 AM
WOW the past 2 game have been awesome what a series!! Was at the game yesterday and the emoion in that stadium up and down. It did get very intense stadium was rocking! glad i got to be there for that one! Ok lets se if we can take advantage of CC's short rest! will be another great game!

rusty6
10-20-2009, 08:46 PM
well, that game kicked all angel fans in the crotch just a little bit

The Angler
10-21-2009, 12:37 AM
WOW the past 2 game have been awesome what a series!! Was at the game yesterday and the emoion in that stadium up and down. It did get very intense stadium was rocking! glad i got to be there for that one! Ok lets se if we can take advantage of CC's short rest! will be another great game!

Plz

Sabathia is a freankin Ace Shoot lets start him thursday 2:Cool:

wellbilldancesays
10-23-2009, 08:52 AM
We'll were still alive depite some questionable managing by Scioscia BUT they still got the win and I still have faith in Mike.

Hopefully Saunders is on his game and the Angels bats stay hot for game 6!!