PDA

View Full Version : PE gets out fished by PE jr. 3/8/09

pineapple express
03-09-2009, 12:44 AM
aloha fellow fisher peps

it has been awhile since i've posted here. we haven't been out to the vine since last april.
a vote last night opted to hit irvine lake instead of going to the fred hall show. at about 11pm last night after we got home from a friends going away party, i decided PE jr & i would get all our gear ready & dust off the layers of dust on our fresh water gear. i've
been so busy with work & was dying to get out.

we get to the lake about 7:30 & on the water in our rental boat by 8. trolling to the flats we go. our first pass PE jr. hooks his first trout around 8:30 on the fire tiger. a nice one to start off the day. after trolling for a whole hour with no action, we baited up. power bait & crawlers again no action for the next 2 hours so we go trolling towards the dam area. troll... troll... troll... nothing. we bait up at the cliffs area which PE jr. wanted to hit beacause he said it looked fishy to him. we anchored & threw out our bait rigs first. PE jr. picked a yellow/white & black poka dotted kastmaster out of the box & tied it on himself. i have been teaching him to tie the clinch knot. so i checked his knot & with my approval of job well done... i said let it fly. not more than 2 casts later he's hooked into his second fish of the day while i was busy figuring out what i was going to tie on. that fish gave him an awesome fight. it kept running into the brush & weeds... almost lost it a few times. i was a proud dad
watching him reel in this fish. PE jr. picked a spot & mastered the clinch knot finally all by himself. i had a moment there. after that no action for another 2 hours. off to more trolling.
PE jr. hooks up again to a nice crappie to round off our day.
final tally PE - skunked & PE jr.3. even though i was bummed that i didn't catch anything the
entire day, i had a blast just watching my kid out fish me... good times. we enjoyed a nice father son day & let mom have a nice day to herself. we all enjoyed a nice fish fry thanks
to PE jr. he was so stoked.

patrick... we tried waving at you while you were making your rounds but i guess you didn't see us. next time dude.

sorry fellas, i tried posting pix but i had issues trying to re-size the darn files. finally
i said screw it.

til next time
tight lines
PE

PE jr's first fish of the day
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/pineapple76/kainoa5.jpg

PE jr taking a nap while trolling... too cute. He held on to that pole pretty good.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/pineapple76/kainoa2.jpg

2nd hook up of the day on the kastmaster...
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/pineapple76/kainoa1.jpg

3rd fish of the day being a toad crappie
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/pineapple76/kainoa3.jpg

bragging rights & to inform everybody at the dock he out fished me.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/pineapple76/kainoa4.jpg

troutdog
03-09-2009, 02:40 AM
The student showing the teacher how its done on the fishing grounds, ya gotta love this sport! Thanks for posting up Danny, always good seeing your name on the board....CONGRATS to PE Jr!

TD

FISHJUNKIE4446
03-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Great Report, I love to hear those types of stories!!!! Good job on the catch!!

deanhall32
03-09-2009, 09:01 AM
No surprise to me that the kid is better than his dad!!!

Granny Fish
03-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Good to see a report from you! Sounds like you had a great day out there with your son.

Hitts0n
03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Good detailed report.See your out there soon !?

FISH_HUNTER
03-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Gotta love Father & Son fishing trips! I'm sure he'll out fish ya alot more also!

Troutman65
03-09-2009, 04:01 PM
PE, Sorry I did not see you waving to me. :Sad:

Sonds like it was a Great day for you and PEjr .

Congrats on your catch PEjr !!!

Thanks for the report.

P.s.,

Next time have the tackle shop get me on the horn. :Smile:

pineapple express
03-09-2009, 05:59 PM
The student showing the teacher how its done on the fishing grounds, ya gotta love this sport! Thanks for posting up Danny, always good seeing your name on the board....CONGRATS to PE Jr!

TD
mahaloz Aaron. missed you out there. i thought we'd run into you again. i was looking out.
i can't wait until jr is tying my hooks for me...lol.

Great Report, I love to hear those types of stories!!!! Good job on the catch!!
mahaloz FISHJUNKIE. good times & memories my son & i will enjoy when he gets older.

No surprise to me that the kid is better than his dad!!!
easy there coach...lol. everybody has their day of a skunkers. jr makes a great fishing buddy. i've created a monster.

Good to see a report from you! Sounds like you had a great day out there with your son.
mahaloz Granny Fish. i wish i could get out more often. we do hit Newport Harbor
with plastics when we can. it's easier with just a couple hours to burn.

Good detailed report.See your out there soon !?
mahaloz Hitts0n...appreciate it. We hope to hit irvine again sooner than later.

Gotta love Father & Son fishing trips! I'm sure he'll out fish ya alot more also! mahaloz FISH_HUNTER. i'm sure this won't be the last time
jr will out fish me. We both can't wait til the next outting ><>

PE, Sorry I did not see you waving to me. :Sad:

Sonds like it was a Great day for you and PEjr .

Congrats on your catch PEjr !!!

Thanks for the report.

P.s.,

Next time have the tackle shop get me on the horn. :Smile:

No worries Patrick. I didn't think you where just ignoring us with your nose in the air.
We still gots love for ya...lol. We know your the MAN out there & everyone wants a
piece of you. We will be sure to say hi the next time me & jr hit the vine.

Eat Sleep Fish
03-09-2009, 07:56 PM
that trolling/sleeping pic is awesome. reminds me of when i take my little cousin out. good job out there.

Fisherman57
03-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Ho'omaika'i 'Ana Danny & PE Jr!

Thanks for a great report & pics! ....
Hope to see ya on the water soon!

Dana

pineapple express
03-09-2009, 10:54 PM
that trolling/sleeping pic is awesome. reminds me of when i take my little cousin out. good job out there.
howzit Eat Sleep Fish...
yeah, that pic is a classic. he didn't want to miss a thing. that's what i call ><> dedication.
we had a late night & with the time change messed us up. we were both tired.

Ho'omaika'i 'Ana Danny & PE Jr!

Thanks for a great report & pics! ....
Hope to see ya on the water soon!

Dana
Mahalo nui loa Dana... we can't wait to participate in our first team 57 gathering.
hope to meet up with you soon too.
Take care bruddah.
PE

DavidE
03-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Dude !!! That pic of Jr bendo on tha rail is sweet!!! Well not really tha rail but you know what I'm sayin. Definitely 8 x 10 moment. That crappie is a slab and a half! Way better to spend time fishin than indoors thinkin about fishin.

yamafish
03-11-2009, 05:28 AM
Nice report and pics. How did he manage to still hold onto to the pole while taking a nap? Cool ! My son for sure would have dropped it in the water...

Rodger - YamaFish

LateFisher
03-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Outstanding report and pictures !!! Time well spent, take advantage of these times,because PE jr. will be grown up before you know it. I just wish my children were still that size to enjoy that kind of fun with them again. But what the heck i've got 5 grandkids to enjoy. Keep up the good work (FUN).

cjschock
03-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Looks like fun, nice slab

basscatcher
03-12-2009, 04:24 PM
good job couzins

God Bless

Basscatcher

pineapple express
03-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Dude !!! That pic of Jr bendo on tha rail is sweet!!! Well not really tha rail but you know what I'm sayin. Definitely 8 x 10 moment. That crappie is a slab and a half! Way better to spend time fishin than indoors thinkin about fishin.

yeah... i wanted to go to the show but... getting skunked & my kid having another
killer day at the vine was priceless. funny thing happened when that bendo shot was taken...Jr.'s arm was cramping up on him & i told him suck it up. he barely landed it by himself. he wanted me to take over & i said "no way"! high fives & big smiles when i
finally netted it. that trout put up a heck of a fight.

Nice report and pics. How did he manage to still hold onto to the pole while taking a nap? Cool ! My son for sure would have dropped it in the water...

Rodger - YamaFish

Mahaloz YamaFish... for a moment there i was fishing by myself...lol. i tried to wake him by
pulling on his line but he was out. he napped for about 30 minutes while we trolled around
with absolutely no action. i was concerned he would drop the pole too but i was prepared
to grab it as i watched him & trolled at the same time. good times.

Outstanding report and pictures !!! Time well spent, take advantage of these times,because PE jr. will be grown up before you know it. I just wish my children were still that size to enjoy that kind of fun with them again. But what the heck i've got 5 grandkids to enjoy. Keep up the good work (FUN).

Mahaloz LateFisher... i know exactly what you mean. i used to take my lil sister fishing
with me everytime. now she's all grown up living on her own in WA. she's not into ><>ing
anymore. i think my son will be hooked like i am though. i have that feeling.

Looks like fun, nice slab

Mahaloz cjshock
we had a great time...!!!

good job couzins

God Bless

Basscatcher

Mahaloz basscatcher...!!!

CalamARI
03-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Great pics! Love the hang loose shot.