PDA

View Full Version : Shorline 3/8/09 beat the skunk!!!!

CALFISHER4EVR
03-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Fish D.V.L Today. I arrived at the lake around 8:30 a.m. I really was not in a hurry to get there to the lake because I wanted to just get out of the house. We went over to the west end to try my luck for bass from the shore. I usually fish from a boat but I like to change it up and walk the shoreline sometimes. The last time I went was early winter which produced only the skunk on that trip. I figure that the warming trend would produce some fish that would be moving up to the shoreline. We started off with a drop shot rig and got no bites. Then we started using a C –rig with a 3’ leader on 6lbs test. I skipped the sandy areas and fished only the places that I could see rocks. I seen some luvin going on in the water with the usually flash and roll of fish on the bed as I walked along the shore. I ignored the beds because you have to protect the resources. I fished really slow retrieve and change up my colors as the sun rose overhead.
I seen trout and cat fishers on the shore but it seemed slow. I could see trout swimming 3ft from shore. But it was quiet for those fisherman. Anyway, I do not think that the bite is WFO for bass. Give it some more time and it should be good from shore. I do not think the water temp is warm enough now to spark a good bite. Here is the 4-5lbs bass that I took a picture.

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o470/Hook-Set/DSC01768-1.jpg

BingJr
03-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Beautiful Fish!

Great job out there!

Lightning
03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Really nice.Thanks for reporting.

BassFreak
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Nice 5 pounder!! :Wink:

troutdog
03-08-2009, 09:08 PM
WTG on the greenie CALFISHER...way to set an example and leaving the bed fish to do their thing!

TD

CALFISHER4EVR
03-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks everyone! TD we will have to get together and throw some baits sometimes. I will bring the plastics:Secret::Big Grin:

Eat Sleep Fish
03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
big ol' toad. nicely done.

fishmounter
03-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Nice fish! Man those DVL bass are so perfect! Great colors, fins, everything!