PDA

View Full Version : PATIENCE pays off

team760
03-08-2009, 04:42 AM
Hit the canals in imperial valley with a co-worker....a big mistake, between his texting and impatience that the cats wern't biting within the first 5 minutes....he lasted a whole hour.Once he left, i started to have better luck and within 3 hours had caught 6 nice cats.....the largest one was 6 pounds 9 ounces on da scale (good size for the small canal i took a chance on.all cats were catch and release. found that when the larger dirt bottom canals are slow that the smaller concrete lined ones are pretty good for action.
Anyone interested in joining me next weekend for some cat and stripper fishing let me know......will be in vegas for work next week....and will be ready to hit it when i get back

boojoo
03-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Hey way to go on the cats at the canals. Every now and then i fish them with my brother that lives in El Centro. It sounds like you caught some nice size ones. Way to go. Hey what were you using for bait?? Have you had any of the snapping turtles take your bait when your fishing the canals?? What canals do you normally hit up? I'll hit you up when i head down that way.

BooJoo

team760
03-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Hey way to go on the cats at the canals. Every now and then i fish them with my brother that lives in El Centro. It sounds like you caught some nice size ones. Way to go. Hey what were you using for bait?? Have you had any of the snapping turtles take your bait when your fishing the canals?? What canals do you normally hit up? I'll hit you up when i head down that way.

BooJoo

I use stink bait, worms and chicken livers.......i get some snapping turtles every now and then, but not too often.........i usually hit up different canals from el centro to westmorland.....let me know when you are around

Kevthecatfishstudent
03-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Good job out there man! I'm itching for some cat. what day are you planning on hitting it up.

team760
03-10-2009, 05:08 AM
this sat and sun