PDA

View Full Version : Seal Beach Pier

TShaffer
03-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey I was down at the Seal Beach Pier today from about 4:30-6:30 and I encountered a pretty good perch bite. I was fishing my sabiki rig when I first got there to try and muster up a few smelt for some live bait but I was in for a pleasent surprise. As soon as my sabiki hit the water it was hit by something that fought harder than a smelt and it turned out to be two decent sized walleye surf perch. This nearly instant bite contiuned until about the time it got completely dark. So I caught about 20+ walleye surf perch ranging from about palm size to bigger with some smaller ones mixed in. I also got some smelt and one mackeral on my sabiki and I got a small (about 12in) halibut on a small chunck of squid. Nothing on the live smelt. I saw some other people catch some more small hali's and croakers on squid. All in all it was a good outing since the perch kept me occupied almost the whole time and I really didn't have time to get bored. I don't know if the perch are spawning or what but they sure were biting good.

P.S. I have pics on my phone but I don't know how to upload them because I just got this new phone.

Troutman65
03-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Sounds like a great day fishing to me. Congrats on your catch. Thanks for sharing .

boxl0bster
03-08-2009, 07:16 PM
alright! good stuff, glad to hear the fish are biting at seal beach pier. thanks for the report.